PDA

View Full Version : Mágglio Drives Santo Crazy

Viva Magglio
07-01-2002, 07:58 AM
On Murph & Fred's show this morning, Mike Murphy said that Mágglio Ordóńez drives Ron Santo crazy. Well, at least Mágglio's chant does. By Sunday's game, when the chant started...

:fans
OOOEEEEOOOO!!!! MAAAG-LIIIII-OOOOO!!!!

:santo
SHUT UP!!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!

:maggs
hehehehehehe...AND VOTE FOR ME!!!

34 Inch Stick
07-01-2002, 08:24 AM
Maybe Santo would prefer OOOHHH- E- NOOOO (as in, he dropped the ball).

gosox3072
07-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Not only does magglio drive him crzy i heard him crabbing about the loud music at comiskey on saturday lol

GOSOX

PaleHoseGeorge
07-01-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Not only does magglio drive him crzy i heard him crabbing about the loud music at comiskey on saturday lol

GOSOX

And to think, John Allyn traded with the Cubs for that worthless piece of ****. He even took at-bats away from Beltin' Bill Melton!

:santo
"The only thing that has changed in 40 years is the size of my toupee.

Fisk72
07-01-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072

GOSOX

Yeah, I turned on the radio in the middle of the game Saturday and unfortunately it was set to WGN. Anywho, just then they had the loud "We Will Rock You" going and Santo was all, "That's just wrong! This is baseball, get rid of that!" Oh, I couldn't believe it! I guess his excuse is that he's been stuck in the same dreamworld all the Flubs fans are in with the whole "ambiance." Too bad they're more concerned about the old-school look and feel of Wrigley rather than the actual team.

alohafri
07-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72

Yeah, I turned on the radio in the middle of the game Saturday and unfortunately it was set to WGN. Anywho, just then they had the loud "We Will Rock You" going and Santo was all, "That's just wrong! This is baseball, get rid of that!" Oh, I couldn't believe it! I guess his excuse is that he's been stuck in the same dreamworld all the Flubs fans are in with the whole "ambiance." Too bad they're more concerned about the old-school look and feel of Wrigley rather than the actual team.

When it comes to complaining about ball parks, Ron Santo doesn't have a leg to stand on! Oh! Did I say that out loud?

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2002, 01:26 AM
I'm with Santo here. I hate ultra-loud rock music pumped into ballparks to inject phony enthusiasm. In my opinion, it kills things, because fans who are on their feet cheering tend to sit down and shut up when the loud music starts playing. Call me a traditionalist, but the music at the ballpark should be limited to Nancy Faust at the organ.