PDA

View Full Version : TSN Mid Season Report

Chisox_cali
07-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Here (http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/whitesox/) is the whole article.

I found this part interesting though...

The team has underachieved over the first half of the season, but GM Kenny Williams is not going to start dumping payroll. Since it looks like the Indians have already surrendered, the AL Central looks like a two-team race between the White Sox and Twins. Williams likes his team's chances. But he has to add a proven starter like Jeff Weaver or Jon Lieber because the team's rotation has too many question marks.

Joe Crede and Joe Borchard are having big years at Class AAA Charlotte and they should both be called up in September. But the team is going to stick with its regular lineup the rest of the way and try to make a playoff run.

With a limited budget, Williams won't be able to add more than one veteran arm to the rotation. Righthander Jon Rauch is showing signs of coming around at Class AAA. If righthanders Dan Wright and Gary Glover continue to show inconsistency at the back of the rotation, Rauch could get another look in July or August.

How is a 2-4 record with a 5.47 ERA showing consistency? Maybe I'm missing something about his performences? Is it his K/BB ratio of 41/16? Maybe you minor league experts can help me out on this.

gosox3072
07-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Crede AND Borchard up in september..... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
:KW
No Soup for You

GO SOX