PDA

View Full Version : Jenks upset that his #45 was offered to Dunn; Oney Whines About It

Pages : [1] 2

Foulke You
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Some Bobby Jenks tidbits were posted on MLBTR and apparently, he wasn't upset about the Sox moving on but told Scott Merkin that he wasn't happy about his #45 being offered to Adam Dunn. Did he think the team was going to retire it? Also, the Rangers were thinking of him as a starter? Really? :?:

I love Bobby Jenks...but why would he be upset about the Sox offering his number to Dunn? Seems silly to me. Not every key member of the 2005 team deserves their number retired. Dye was the WS05 MVP and his #23 is on Mark Teahen's jersey right now. Only the best of the best for that franchise get their numbers retired.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/rangers-had-interest-in-jenks-as-a-starter.html

(Mods- Feel free to merge or move. I wasn't quite sure where to post this one. I apologize in advance if I created more work for you)

soltrain21
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
What a whiner.

Edit - Took some pretty big parting shots at Ozzie at the bottom of the Merkin article.

Athrun
12-28-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he was upset because they offered Dunn the number before even trying to resign him.

downstairs
12-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure he was upset because they offered Dunn the number before even trying to resign him.

Probably still silly for him to whine, but yeah... that's somewhat fair. If the Sox didn't talk to Bobby about his future at all, and they're off cleaning his locker and giving away his jersey number.

LoveYourSuit
12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Jenks as a starter would have matched Kerry Wood's record amount of stops to the DL with the North Side.

Domeshot17
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM
What a whiner.

Edit - Took some pretty big parting shots at Ozzie at the bottom of the Merkin article.

He really wasn't whining at all, if you read the article, what he comes out and says he knew they didn't really want him back because they gave his number away. More just a stupid spin on what he was saying. I would take more from the shots he took at Ozzie and the organization.

He really didn't say anything new on Ozzie. We know how it is with Guillen. He has his guys who will play when they suck and play when they are good, and he has his doghouse guys who he tends to throw under the bus when they suck. Jenks transitioned from the first category to the second during his time. And really, Ozzie has never handled the bullpen well. This has been his most glaring weakness since taking over. Some guys love playing for Ozzie, and some guys really hate it. In most polls of the players in MLB, Francona is constantly near the top of manager players want to play for, and Ozzie is usually 1 or 2 of manager's players don't want to play for.

soltrain21
12-28-2010, 05:35 PM
He really wasn't whining at all, if you read the article, what he comes out and says he knew they didn't really want him back because they gave his number away. More just a stupid spin on what he was saying. I would take more from the shots he took at Ozzie and the organization.

He really didn't say anything new on Ozzie. We know how it is with Guillen. He has his guys who will play when they suck and play when they are good, and he has his doghouse guys who he tends to throw under the bus when they suck. Jenks transitioned from the first category to the second during his time. And really, Ozzie has never handled the bullpen well. This has been his most glaring weakness since taking over. Some guys love playing for Ozzie, and some guys really hate it. In most polls of the players in MLB, Francona is constantly near the top of manager players want to play for, and Ozzie is usually 1 or 2 of manager's players don't want to play for.

But they didn't offer his number to Dunn. They said he could have it IF they didn't resign Jenks. And it seems the Sox were in the process of making Jenks an offer after the Winter Meetings.

JermaineDye05
12-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I think maybe he was upset because if he wanted to return, he would have wanted his number. Had Dunn taken it, then Bobby would then have to change numbers if he were to re-sign.

keloms
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
:o: Oney (@Oneyguillen) is really ripping him a new one on twitter...

A sample of the 10+ tweets going off on him.

hahah memo to bobby jenks get a clue u drink to much and u have had marital problems hugeee ones and the sox stood behind u

JermaineDye05
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Oney is just as bad as Joe Cowley. Loves to stir the pot.

AnkleSox
12-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Oney really needs to just shut up.

Boondock Saint
12-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't know if there's a Sox fan out there who wouldn't relish the chance to slap the **** out of Oney Guillen. Kid needs to learn how to shut the **** up, always talking **** about people from behind a computer screen, and acting like he's some important baseball insider.

soltrain21
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Oney Guillen is such a dick. I thought he got "talked to."

That **** better not rear its ugly head this year.

DickAllen72
12-28-2010, 05:55 PM

What a classy guy.

Seriously, somebody should tell the punk to shut up or it will cost his Daddy his job.

IlliniSox4Life
12-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Oney comes off worse than Jenks.

Just a hurt little kid crying about somebody who doesn't like his dad. I'm getting sick of his ****.

DirtySox
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Holy Oney rant. He really aired Bobby out.

/popcorn

JermaineDye05
12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Oney just comes across as a :dtroll:

Boondock Saint
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Oney just comes across as a :dtroll:

Or a dip**** kid who's drunk on his inflated sense of self-importance.

Domeshot17
12-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Way to go Oney, throw Jenks marital problems under the bus. Good thing your mom had so much self esteem to stay with your family while Ozzie was out humping everything that moved the last 20 years.

WhiteSox1989
12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Jenks is being a whiner, and Oney's an ass.

Domeshot17
12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Or a dip**** kid who's drunk on his inflated sense of self-importance.

The scary thing is he knows all this private **** because Ozzie goes home and yaps.

IlliniSox4Life
12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Oneys most recent tweet: "i love the white sox and i stand up for them regardless i have to protect them if they wont"

Really? Do you realize there is a reason why they don't respond to statements and get into shouting matches? You're hurting the team (and your father) more than any benefit you are giving them. You're just to big of a child to realize it. You don't need to protect a corporation from a player.

Noneck
12-28-2010, 06:15 PM
I see not much wrong with what Jenks has said. You can tell the guy really wanted to stay with the Sox.

Its tough to be a parent. I have some ideas which have worked for me regarding a situation like what is going on and some that didnt work. But whats the use in airing that here.

soltrain21
12-28-2010, 06:17 PM
I see not much wrong with what Jenks has said. You can tell the guy really wanted to stay with the Sox.

Its tough to be a parent. I have some ideas which have worked for me regarding a situation like what is going on and some that didnt work. But whats the use in airing that here.

But it sounds like the Sox were going to offer 2/10. If he wanted to stay THAT bad - why not wait or have your agent see if that's for real?

Noneck
12-28-2010, 06:19 PM
But it sounds like the Sox were going to offer 2/10. If he wanted to stay THAT bad - why not wait or have your agent see if that's for real?

Then it also says it wasnt a formal offer.

Domeshot17
12-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Well, he semi spells that out saying it sounded like he would be coming back to the negativity. I know its easy to jump on him, but what if Ozzie pulled his with a guy like Konerko after one of his down years and some of the injuries he battled. Do you think Konerko resigns if Ozzie comes out and says "He will have to earn the 1b job vs. Dunn and Dayan and Flowers". Somethings just should be known and not aired out in the media.

Boondock Saint
12-28-2010, 06:21 PM
The scary thing is he knows all this private **** because Ozzie goes home and yaps.

I know, and that irritates me, too. Ozzie needs to learn that his son is going to be the end of him in a White Sox uniform if he doesn't:

A) Stop telling this stuff to his son, and

B) Tell Oney to start acting like an adult.

Oneys most recent tweet: "i love the white sox and i stand up for them regardless i have to protect them if they wont"

Bull****. He turns on the Sox at the drop of a hat if Ozzie receives an iota of criticism, talking about how "the organization is a joke". I really hate this kid.

hi im skot
12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
This really seems like such a non-story.

Brian26
12-28-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
hahah memo to bobby jenks get a clue u drink to much and u have had marital problems hugeee ones and the sox stood behind u

I can't help but wonder what kind of parental deficiencies existed in the Guillen household (and must still exist) that support this kind of behavior as appropriate. And the irony is that he's trying to rip on Jenks by talking about personal, family issues.

As far as I know, all ballplayers don't spawn kids this out of touch with reality.

Kudos to Ibis and Ozeroo. :clap:

A. Cavatica
12-28-2010, 07:04 PM
This really seems like such a non-story.

And one that doesn't belong in the Clubhouse.

soltrain21
12-28-2010, 07:16 PM
And one that doesn't belong in the Clubhouse.

http://www.filetransferplanet.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Oblong
12-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Do uniform #'s really come into play during preliminary contract discussions? Seems to me the steps are:

1) Are you interested in playing here?
2) What kind of contract you looking for?
3) What role do you see yourself having on our team?
4) Do you have any issues with our staff, players, or coaches that need to be addressed?
5) Do you have an entourage that need clearance or would they be interested in joining the organizaton?
6) Any skeletons in your closet we need to know about?
7) When can you take the physical?
8) Oh yeah.... what # do you want to wear?

DirtySox
12-29-2010, 12:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Ozzie-Guillen-s-kid-blasts-Bobby-Jenks-after-com?urn=mlb-301242

NSFWSoxFan
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Oney has to protect the White Sox? GMAB.

I don't care how important la familia is to Ozzie, he better get his punk kid to shut up. I could really see this contributing to Ozzie's firing if the Sox have to endure another round of this nonsense.

I'm guessing the next we hear from Ozzie, he's going to be making some lame apology for his son.

WhiteSox5187
12-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Oney has to protect the White Sox? GMAB.

I don't care how important la familia is to Ozzie, he better get his punk kid to shut up. I could really see this contributing to Ozzie's firing if the Sox have to endure another round of this nonsense.

I'm guessing the next we hear from Ozzie, he's going to be making some lame apology for his son.

Oney (or whatever his name is) is an adult, at some point the dad has to stop apologizing for him. I suspect that Ozzie has told him to shut up and I think Oney just doesn't listen. That's all speculation on my part, but I really doubt that Ozzie can like this kind of publicity.

Nellie_Fox
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Oney (or whatever his name is) is an adult, at some point the dad has to stop apologizing for him. I suspect that Ozzie has told him to shut up and I think Oney just doesn't listen. That's all speculation on my part, but I really doubt that Ozzie can like this kind of publicity.But how does Oney know what Jenks told Ozzie in the manager's office unless Ozzie is talking about it? Ozzie should in no way be talking about one of his players' marital problems.

IlliniSox4Life
12-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Just curious-

If I wanted to express my displeasure with Oney's tweets and behavior with somebody in the Sox organization, who would be the best person to do that to, and how would I go about contacting them? Email address(es)?

There is more excitement going into this season than any season since before 2006, and it's utter bull**** that we have to deal with a distraction like this. I like Ozzie as a coach, but he needs to put his kid in place once and for all. There's plenty of good managers that don't have idiot kids mouthing off on Twitter.

DumpJerry
12-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Just curious-

If I wanted to express my displeasure with Oney's tweets and behavior with somebody in the Sox organization, who would be the best person to do that to, and how would I go about contacting them? Email address(es)?

There is more excitement going into this season than any season since before 2006, and it's utter bull**** that we have to deal with a distraction like this. I like Ozzie as a coach, but he needs to put his kid in place once and for all. There's plenty of good managers that don't have idiot kids mouthing off on Twitter.
I'm not distracted by Oney's Tweets. I'm not on Twitter and if I was, I would not have him on my list or whatever it is called. I have a feeling that over 90% of the Sox fanbase is not distracted by what Oney does since it is limited to the people who are on his Twitter list.

Ex-Chicagoan
12-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Part of this tweet problem is sports radio itself. I heard the fill-ins on the Score this morning explaining "Well, Oney made this news; we didn't." Bull.
How about you ignore the story, and ignore Oney? Problem solved.

(I can tell you, after 23 years in broadcast media, that no, we don't HAVE to read everything that comes across the desk. If we did, you'd hear discussion of every fundraiser, bake sale, and new product pitch disguised as a news release.)

PorkChopExpress
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
But how does Oney know what Jenks told Ozzie in the manager's office unless Ozzie is talking about it? Ozzie should in no way be talking about one of his players' marital problems.

How do we know it was something Jenks told Ozzie in the manager's office? Isn't it possible that in the immense amount of time Oney spent in the clubhouse, he overheard some things and saw some things on his own?

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Part of this tweet problem is sports radio itself. I heard the fill-ins on the Score this morning explaining "Well, Oney made this news; we didn't." Bull.
How about you ignore the story, and ignore Oney? Problem solved.

(I can tell you, after 23 years in broadcast media, that no, we don't HAVE to read everything that comes across the desk. If we did, you'd hear discussion of every fundraiser, bake sale, and new product pitch disguised as a news release.)

Every day in our news meeting we talk about what the "talkers" are. This is for sure a talker. Especially since it was such big news last year and apparently it was thwarted by Ozzie, but these Oney tweets are worse than last year.

ewokpelts
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
no one protected that fat **** more than ozzie. but that fat ****(and his addictions/marital problems)had become more than a distraction to the team. they were losing ballgames becuase of it.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 09:16 AM
no one protected that fat **** more than ozzie. but that fat ****(and his addictions/marital problems)had become more than a distraction to the team. they were losing ballgames becuase of it.

What in the ****. How do you know that? That's unfounded and, quite frankly, not fair.

ewokpelts
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
What in the ****. How do you know that? That's unfounded and, quite frankly, not fair.it was plain as day.

ozzie only "benched" jenks on two separate occasions this year, and it was each a one day affair. the second he had a decent outing(not giving up 5 runs), he was back in the 9th inning closing games.

ozzie was very loud in proclaiming that bobby was his closer, and that the team plays better with him as closer. and this wasnt just in 2010, but in 2009 and parts of 2008, when fatty started having problems not doing his job.

he blew several big games for the team, with at least 2 of them being against the eventual division winner.

**** him.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
it was plain as day.

ozzie only "benched" jenks on two separate occasions this year, and it was each a one day affair. the second he had a decent outing(not giving up 5 runs), he was back in the 9th inning closing games.

ozzie was very loud in proclaiming that bobby was his closer, and that the team plays better with him as closer. and this wasnt just in 2010, but in 2009 and parts of 2008, when fatty started having problems not doing his job.

he blew several big games for the team, with at least 2 of them being against the eventual division winner.

**** him.

You have no idea if Bobby's "addictions" or "marital problems" were a distraction to the team. That's such bullcrap.

Yes. Bobby blew a few saves, but don't act like you knew what went on in his personal life or in the clubhouse.

ewokpelts
12-29-2010, 09:41 AM
You have no idea if Bobby's "addictions" or "marital problems" were a distraction to the team. That's such bullcrap.

Yes. Bobby blew a few saves, but don't act like you knew what went on in his personal life or in the clubhouse.this stuff was out inthe open, and oney(i hate to even include him in this, but he included himself) has in his own crude way confirmed it. and oney knows too weel about being a clubhouse distraction.

Ex-Chicagoan
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Every day in our news meeting we talk about what the "talkers" are. This is for sure a talker. Especially since it was such big news last year and apparently it was thwarted by Ozzie, but these Oney tweets are worse than last year.

That's what I don't get, though: why was this a talker last year? Kids run their mouths on Twitter thousands of times a day, and I don't see it becoming an issue every time. It becomes a talker because we decide to make it a talker.

gobears1987
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
it was plain as day.

**** him.
You're starting to sound almost as dumb as Oney, and that really is an accomplishment.

Mod Edit: You didn't have to make this personal. Enjoy your time off.

Boondock Saint
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm not distracted by Oney's Tweets. I'm not on Twitter and if I was, I would not have him on my list or whatever it is called. I have a feeling that over 90% of the Sox fanbase is not distracted by what Oney does since it is limited to the people who are on his Twitter list.

The problem is that Twitter has become a news tool, both for reporting and finding news. Reporters know who to follow, and every time someone says something controversial/stupid on Twitter, it's news. Just from memory, I can point to Carmelo Anthony, Larry Johnson, Charlie Villanueva, Michael Beasley, Chad Ochocinco, Mark Cuban and Darnell Dockett getting in trouble for things they said on Twitter. Everybody is watching, and if it's even close to newsworthy, it's going to be reported.

The Dude
12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Ozzie-Guillen-s-kid-blasts-Bobby-Jenks-after-com?urn=mlb-301242

So embarrassing. I wish the Guillen family would go away....far far away!

happydude
12-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Jenks wasn't wanted by the organization, his feelings are hurt, and he's simply lashing out. Some people are able to endure a professional disappointment and turn the page cleanly and some aren't. His comments are no big deal.

Neither are Oney's. He felt his father was attacked and simply rose to protect him. Given the personality he has displayed over the years his response was predictable.

Some have suggested that Oney's knowledge of Jenks' personal life must have been derived from talk around the Guillen dinner table. Its a possibility. Its just as likely, however, that this information was gleaned in the Sox clubhouse.

Personal issues often come to light in the workplace environment. Its often clear from consistent observation that someone may have an issue with alcohol or substance abuse. Marital problems are frequently laid on the table by the involved party himself who far too often feels the need to confide in someone and chooses a colleague who later runs off at the mouth to others.

Most people spend an inordinate amount of time talking about the details of their personal lives or gossiping about the personal lives of others. Athletes aren't any different.

Madvora
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Can anybody ever part with this team and not have it turn into a total nightmare?

The problem is partly due to Guillen/KW always making comments in the media and this has happened with Ordonez, Thomas, Lee, but this happened before that with Fisk too. I'm sick of all this crap and I just wish that players we admired once could actually leave on good terms. I guess Rowand and Thome did, but more times it seems like there's a problem.

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Oney needs to ****. I'm not defending Jenks for his comments about the White Sox, but Oney is out of line.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
That's what I don't get, though: why was this a talker last year? Kids run their mouths on Twitter thousands of times a day, and I don't see it becoming an issue every time. It becomes a talker because we decide to make it a talker.

We didn't make it a talker. Ozzie and KW made it one last year.

Hitmen77
12-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Can anybody ever part with this team and not have it turn into a total nightmare?

The problem is partly due to Guillen/KW always making comments in the media and this has happened with Ordonez, Thomas, Lee, but this happened before that with Fisk too. I'm sick of all this crap and I just wish that players we admired once could actually leave on good terms. I guess Rowand and Thome did, but more times it seems like there's a problem.

I agree that KW and OG can create problems and bad blood with their comments, but that being said I certainly don't blame the Sox for Ordonez hiring Boras and jumping to the Tigers.

IIRC, Lee was called out for not playing tough enough. If he didn't like that, I'm sure he cried all the way to the bank with his new $100 million contract (more than he was worth) while we cried all the way to a late October parade thanks in part to trading him.

spawn
12-29-2010, 11:19 AM

It's not always KW or Ozzie's fault. I don't recall either saying anything negative about Jenks while non-tendering him. Jenks is the one running his mouth, even though the Sox gave him an opportunity that other teams wouldn't. He should be grateful.

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Oney should never have leaked the details of Jenks' drinking and marital issues. And Cowley evidently substantiating the nightclub incident in Arizona doesn't help things. I am not siding with Jenks either, and I think the White Sox were right to let him go.

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Oney should never have leaked the details of Jenks' drinking and marital issues. And Cowley evidently substantiating the nightclub incident in Arizona doesn't help things. I am not siding with Jenks either, and I think the White Sox were right to let him go.

This is pretty much how I feel. No matter what Jenks said, the classy thing to do is keep your trap shut about his personal problems. These problems are obviously affecting him negatively and it's sad.

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Could Oney's behavior cost Ozzie his job?

billcissell
12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Sorry to see Jenks leave and disappointed he went out ripping Ozzie's handling of the bullpen and the White Sox organization in general.

Oney (sp?) couldn't keep quiet about the matter. Unfortunately, he had to bring up some personal matters associated with Jenks (drinking and marital problems) rather than taking the high road.

Sure wish this guy would just disappear. Every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid to embarass the White Sox and his father.

Goose
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
The kid is an asshat that has done nothing in life on his own. He rides his daddy's coat tails and does inane things to keep his name in the papers.

Dude should get a ****ing job already.

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 11:42 AM

It didn't last year, doubt it would now.

DumpJerry
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sIaitixYQ2M/SShPcuQUB8I/AAAAAAAABDo/vBiHjGPz-to/s400/Michael+Corleone.jpg
It isn't easy being a son.

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sIaitixYQ2M/SShPcuQUB8I/AAAAAAAABDo/vBiHjGPz-to/s400/Michael+Corleone.jpg
It isn't easy being a son.

Nice pic of the Brothers Corleone, Fredo and Michael.

Memo to Oney: If, years from now, Ozzie Jr. sends you out on a fishing boat with Al Neri, it's "uh, oh" time.

SI1020
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
This time the invective was stunning in its cruelty. Oney sounds more and more like a childish, petty and vidictive man. He is going to be the cause of a very bad ending for his dad if he keeps this up. This should be the time of this young man's life, enjoying all the perks that come with having a father who manages in the big leagues. Is there anyone in his family or circle of friends that has the sense to tell this young man to just shut the hell up and enjoy the games?

SCCWS
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/12/28/bobby-jenks-looking-forward-to-not-playing-for-ozzie-guillen/

Mod Edit: Check out What's The Score

gr8mexico
12-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope so, I'm tired of the whole Guillen clan
Time for the Sox to hand over the job to Joey Cora

thomas35forever
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I hope so, I'm tired of the whole Guillen clan
Time for the Sox to hand over the job to Joey Cora
Not happening. We can only hope Ozzie can talk some sense into his son and tell him he's taking away his computer if he tries to start **** up one more time.

DumpJerry
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Ummm.....why the hate for Ozzie? His winning percentage as Manager for the White Sox ranks him 7th overall. Of the six Mangers ahead of him, only Al Lopez has more years at the helm.

He's the Manager, not the boy you're bringing home to meet your parents. Let's get away from the personality (which, for the record, I think is great) and focus on the job he is hired to do: win baseball games.

TommyGavinFloyd
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Oney's tweets have been hilarious and I'm glad to see him put Jenks in his place. Let him rot in Boston.

Bucky F. Dent
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Off-season cannon fodder. Can't wait for the season to start and Oney to fade back into the shadows.

Lyle Mouton
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Oney's tweets have been hilarious and I'm glad to see him put Jenks in his place. Let him rot in Boston.
Yes, airing out a man's dirty laundry in the public because he criticized the manager sure is "hilarious." Alcoholism lol ftw w00t!

Maybe Oney should read up on the things his beloved father said upon exiting the White Sox. Family of hypocrites and rats.

TommyGavinFloyd
12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes, airing out a man's dirty laundry in the public because he criticized the manager sure is "hilarious." Alcoholism lol ftw w00t!

Maybe Oney should read up on the things his beloved father said upon exiting the White Sox. Family of hypocrites and rats.

Yes, it was hilarious. I was listening to The Score cracking up at each tweet they read. I'm sorry that this doesn't outrage me and make me want Ozzie fired like everyone else.

Marqhead
12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Front page of ESPN now.

Lyle Mouton
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, it was hilarious. I was listening to The Score cracking up at each tweet they read. I'm sorry that this doesn't outrage me and make me want Ozzie fired like everyone else.
That's fine. People have different standards for decency. A baseball player should be able to live his life and criticize his ex-manager for baseball-related issues without having to worry about his personal issues becoming public information.

Frontman
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Both are wrong in this.

Jenks for his complaining like he's on the level of Fisk (who had a legit reason to be upset with the Sox upon his departure) and Oney for airing this sort of nonsense. Bobby might not of been a saint; but he certainly doesn't deserve to have his personal life aired to the public. Jenks doesn't deserve his number to be reserved. He also forgets THIS IS A BUSINESS. If he was performing on the level his talents allow; he'd probably still be with the White Sox.

In my book, however; Oney Guillen is the one who really is out of line. He shouldn't be "telling stories out of school" and hopefully he isn't airing anything that didn't really happen. Otherwise; he might be looking at a libel/slander suit for his comments.

This is the main problem I have with Twitter (and all social media for that matter.) Oney isn't a trained broadcaster or journalist; yet his commentary is taken as being worthwhile to discuss. The only difference between Oney and any member of this forum is that Oney's Dad manages the team. Otherwise; his commentary is only commentary; and if people would ignore him, he would eventually go away.

Keep in mind this is the same guy months ago after being fired swore he would NEVER comment on White Sox business again via Twitter.

Brian26
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM

Living proof of WSCR's target demographic right here. Meathead radio.

soxfanreggie
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Jenks wasn't wanted by the organization, his feelings are hurt, and he's simply lashing out. Some people are able to endure a professional disappointment and turn the page cleanly and some aren't. His comments are no big deal.

Front is right about this being a business. If the Sox were willing to re-sign Bobby but at a smaller contract, couldn't you equally say that Jenks didn't want the organization? He may have been wanted here, but we may not have been willing to play for what we could offer.

I'm glad he got enough to be satisfied from Boston. I will applaud him if he makes it back here to Chicago, but he had to make his choice and the front office had to make theirs.

Oney...well, I just wish he would go work for the Cubs. :D:

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Front page of ESPN now.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/motorhead069/AndHereWeGo.gif

downstairs
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Will the Sox just tell Ozzie to tell his kid to shut the **** up?

He makes the team look very bad. This is now a story on ESPN, and every future stuff he vomits on his Twitter account will be.

downstairs
12-29-2010, 02:36 PM

He quit drinking and it didn't help his pitching. So no.

And I highly doubt his marital problems would mean anything to the team. If nothing else, they'd support him. Or leave him alone. Who cares?

Boondock Saint
12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
The Sox need to make some kind of public announcement about Oney's childish behavior, and have a private sit down with Ozzie about keeping his kid quiet, or else. The kid's verbal diarrhea makes the entire Sox front office look like a joke.

NLaloosh
12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
There has never been any White Sox player or anyone associated with the Sox in my lifetime that I hate more than Oney Guillen.

What a P.O.S.

I think someone should make a poll question about that.

DumpJerry
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
There has never been any White Sox player or anyone associated with the Sox in my lifetime that I hate more than Oney Guillen.

What a P.O.S.

I think someone should make a poll question about that.
:jaime:bkoch::ritchie
On behalf of us and Terry Bevington, we thank you for your support since Oney never actually caused the White Sox to ever lose a game.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 02:51 PM
:jaime:bkoch::ritchie
On behalf of us and Terry Bevington, we thank you for your support since Oney never actually caused the White Sox to ever lose a game.

I only hate Navarro. Todd and Billy tried. They just weren't good. Navarro was just a douche.

And didn't Koch have some crazy parasite or something?

konerko 14
12-29-2010, 02:54 PM
He's on 670 right now talking about his tweets about Jenks if anyone is interested.

http://sradio.tv/live/1457

Marqhead
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
And didn't Koch have some crazy parasite or something?

Ah yes, the old "suck bug." I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything more clever.

LoveYourSuit
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
This kid is the Latino Kanye West.

What a tool.

dwitt76
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
This is priceless radio right now.

Boondock Saint
He's on 670 right now talking about his tweets about Jenks if anyone is interested.

http://sradio.tv/live/1457

They're ripping him apart, and I love it.

sox1970
Hearing Oney speak makes me want Ozzie fired.

LoveYourSuit
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
They're ripping him apart, and I love it.

And the ass whipe still doesn't get it.

Get a job, find something to do with your time.

Idiot

NSFWSoxFan
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM
That's fine. People have different standards for decency. A baseball player should be able to live his life and criticize his ex-manager for baseball-related issues without having to worry about his personal issues becoming public information.
Exactly. In the olden days, the equivalent of this would be some manager's brat kid mouthing off in the clubhouse or out and about in the presence of working beat reporters. The reporters would either roll their eyes and say nothing in their professional pieces, or they'd drop a totally sanitized item in about the kid running his mouth (but without the damning quotes).

This isn't just an embarrassment for management in the usual way. Imagine being a White Sox player at any level. Who of them hasn't done or said something they'd hate to get out into general circulation? Ozzie being Ozzie is one thing. His jerk kid with no filter who spouts off at the drop of a hat would scare me. I don't really know sports culture, but I would think this really violates some code of conduct (beyond any requirement for being a decent human being, of course).

I'm glad Jencks is gone, but I don't believe his one or two mild comments warranted this crap in return.

Boondock Saint
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM
He was very indignant and unapologetic about his comments. He just refused to accept that what he said/did was wrong.

I can't wait for him to hit Twitter in 40 seconds to talk **** about WSCR for trying to make him a villain. Douche.

jdm2662
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
And the ass whipe still doesn't get it.

Get a job, find something to do with your time.

Idiot

Oh he gets it.

This is free publicity for him. Doing this **** makes him feel revelant. But hey, when you are a low life like him, he needs his time in the sun.

dwitt76
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Great questions by Bernstein. Perfect guy to drill him.

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Damn, I think I missed it. I'm sure there will be a complete play-by-play later on, though.

Oh he gets it.

This is free publicity for him. Doing this **** makes him feel revelant. But hey, when you are a low life like him, he needs his time in the sun.

Yep.

hawkjt
12-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Oney thinks he is now media,because of some radio show?

sick of this crap. it is ridiculous that Oney does not respect his dad enough to just not be this stupid.

Maybe the Sox should re-hire him just to silence him....what a dick.

voodoochile
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh he gets it.

Simple proof that he's simply a troll. He even admits as much when he talks about cracking up when people were freaking out.

That's what trolls do. Oney is a troll plain and simple.

JermaineDye05
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
SoxFest could be very interesting this year.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Exactly. In the olden days, the equivalent of this would be some manager's brat kid mouthing off in the clubhouse or out and about in the presence of working beat reporters. The reporters would either roll their eyes and say nothing in their professional pieces, or they'd drop a totally sanitized item in about the kid running his mouth (but without the damning quotes).

This isn't just an embarrassment for management in the usual way. Imagine being a White Sox player at any level. Who of them hasn't done or said something they'd hate to get out into general circulation? Ozzie being Ozzie is one thing. His jerk kid with no filter who spouts off at the drop of a hat would scare me. I don't really know sports culture, but I would think this really violates some code of conduct (beyond any requirement for being a decent human being, of course).

I'm glad Jencks is gone, but I don't believe his one or two mild comments warranted this crap in return.

For sure. Why would any player on our team want to talk to Ozzie or trust Ozzie with ANYTHING now? I sure as **** wouldn't tell him anything. His ass will just go home and blab about it to his family, who will then make it public on Twitter.

DonnieDarko
12-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Should I even bother listening to the podcast of the Oney interview, or would doing so kill an inordinate amount of my braincells? If that's the case, could someone paraphrase it for me?

DirtySox
12-29-2010, 03:59 PM
For sure. Why would any player on our team want to talk to Ozzie or trust Ozzie with ANYTHING now? I sure as **** wouldn't tell him anything. His ass will just go home and blab about it to his family, who will then make it public on Twitter.

Exactly the reason this is a big deal.

I still think this will be Ozzie's final year in Chicago.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Exactly the reason this is a big deal.

I still think this will be Ozzie's final year in Chicago.

Yep. Could change the whole dynamic of the clubhouse. Guess we will see.

beasly213
12-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Should I even bother listening to the podcast of the Oney interview, or would doing so kill an inordinate amount of my braincells? If that's the case, could someone paraphrase it for me?

Just listening to it now. It's hilarious Bernsy is ripping Oney a new one.

IlliniSox4Life
12-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Listening to the podcast interview with Oney right now. What a little brat. He just doesn't get it. He needs to be exiled from the team.

MARTINMVP
12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
It's not his ****ing place to defend the team! Leave that to the players, coaches and management, come on!

He said on The Score that he doesn't think what he says hurts the team in anyway. If I steal money from my employer and say I don't think that hurts them, does that make it right?

At the end of the day, Ozzie probably can't ban his kid from Twitter, but Ozzie can decide to no longer share team information with his son.

I would not suggest that Ozzie gets fired, but I sure as hell wouldn't be surprised if Kenny would love to.

Frontman
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Oney should listen to what his Dad said about a Cubs player a few years back, "Shut up before you get your manager fired!"

Edit: Just listened to the WSCR podcast. OMG; is this kid THICK. He does not GET IT. He's NOT AN EMPLOYEE! HE DOESN'T REPRESENT THE TEAM!! There is no need to speak up!!!

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Oney should listen to what his Dad said about a Cubs player a few years back, "Shut up before you get your manager fired!"

Edit: Just listened to the WSCR podcast. OMG; is this kid THICK. He does not GET IT. He's NOT AN EMPLOYEE! HE DOESN'T REPRESENT THE TEAM!! There is no need to speak up!!!

He really doesn't sound as dumb speaking as his Twitter makes him sound. I've never actually heard him speak until now.

Edit - I mean what he is saying is completely stupid. But he doesn't SOUND dumb.

hi im skot
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
This kid is the Latino Kanye West.

Oney's new album is DOPE!

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm at work now, but I can't wait to hear this when I get home!

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Just listened to it. I don't know why they bothered; he really seemed so hopelessly clueless, and arrogant to boot. Good job raising your kid, Guillens.

Love how he couldn't explain exactly what damage had been done to the Guillens themselves from Jenks' comments.

IlliniSox4Life
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Also love how he considers himself part of the media.

Note to Oney: You are not a part of the media.

hi im skot
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm at work now, but I can't wait to hear this when I get home!

I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm assuming it sounds a lot like a broken garbage disposal.

WhiteSox1989
12-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Oney's new album is DOPE!
Like.

Whitesox029
12-29-2010, 08:59 PM
I haven't heard this interview, and, as I don't care, I won't be listening to it. All I know is I heard a bunch of whining on the radio today about Ozzie not being able to control his kid. When Oney worked for the Sox, it was one thing, and this is why he doesn't work for the Sox anymore. This controversy involves two grown adults, neither of whom is under the employ of either Chicago baseball team. This shouldn't be news.

Boondock Saint
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
I haven't heard this interview, and, as I don't care, I won't be listening to it. All I know is I heard a bunch of whining on the radio today about Ozzie not being able to control his kid. When Oney worked for the Sox, it was one thing, and this is why he doesn't work for the Sox anymore. This controversy involves two grown adults, neither of whom is under the employ of either Chicago baseball team. This shouldn't be news.

You're missing the big picture. Ozzie's kid is spilling what was once private clubhouse information over the internet because of some fairly innocuous comments from Jenks. It makes Ozzie look bad because his son is a dip****, it makes KW look bad because his manager can't keep White Sox business out of the ears of people who can't keep it out of their mouths, and it makes Jerry Reinsdorf look bad because his GM is letting his manager's kid spout off about this crap.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 09:22 PM

This is news. You have a manager who apparently can't keep his mouth shut about employee's personal problems to his family. How would you like it if your boss went home and blabbed about marital problems you had to all who would listen? It's unacceptable, really.

It's a huge, huge deal.

Bob Roarman
12-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah looking at it on a glance, doesn't seem like such a big deal, just nonsense. Especially with a lot of fans not really caring about Jenks after whatever he said about the Sox and Ozzie. But it goes deeper than that, forget about Jenks' role in this altogether, it could've been anyone, what Oney did was disclose private information on a player from an environment that is supposed to be strictly between manager and player and no one else. That's potentially damaging to the ENTIRE organization.

Oney is a ****ing idiot and he just can't realize that. He kept saying "Oh it was only one time, the one time I did it, out of the million things I know, I did it one time." That's ****ing ridiculous logic. That's unacceptable. All it takes is one time for it instill doubt in players' minds over what the hell the deal is with the manager/organization and what can you or can't you trust to discuss with him/them. It can affect the clubhouse relations with the manager, it can affect potential free agents to be trying to decide what team they'd most like to sign with, it's not just a filler story on a dead sports news day.

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah looking at it on a glance, doesn't seem like such a big deal, just nonsense. Especially with a lot of fans not really caring about Jenks after whatever he said about the Sox and Ozzie. But it goes deeper than that, forget about Jenks' role in this altogether, it could've been anyone, what Oney did was disclose private information on a player in an environment that is supposed to be strictly between manager and player and no one else. That's potentially damaging to the ENTIRE organization.

Oney is ****ing idiot and he just can't realize that. He kept saying "Oh it was only one time, the one time I did it, out of the million things I know, I did it one time." That's ****ing ridiculous logic. That's unacceptable. All it takes is one time for it instill doubt in players' minds over what the hell the deal is with the manager/organization and what can you or can't you trust to discuss with him/them. It can affect the clubhouse relations with the manager, it can affect potential free agents to be trying to decide what team they'd most like to sign with, it's not just a filler story on a dead sports news day.

The fact that his dumb ass knows as much as he does and only "shared it this one time" is insane in itself. He should know NOTHING about these guys.

Honestly. Ozzie looks really ****ing awful here. And you are right, this could completely damage the organization. Why sign with a place that has a manager who tells his family (who will then tweet it) about the skeletons in your closet?

Lip Man 1
12-29-2010, 09:38 PM
All Oney apparently cares about is "defending" the family honor. Seriously is this the Godfather mentality?

There's something wrong with this kid.

Lip

Bob Roarman
12-29-2010, 09:51 PM
The fact that his dumb ass knows as much as he does and only "shared it this one time" is insane in itself. He should know NOTHING about these guys.

Honestly. Ozzie looks really ****ing awful here. And you are right, this could completely damage the organization. Why sign with a place that has a manager who tells his family (who will then tweet it) about the skeletons in your closet?

Well it's not just his family. It opens up larger questions as to: Does Ozzie talk about his players' private business to other players, to other managers? For as much "throwing under the bus" he does in the media with not only his own players but other teams' players as well, would it be that much more a stretch to think he wouldn't? Who knows? The players don't know for sure, not anymore.

I know I wouldn't if I was in their shoes. It sure as hell wouldn't be a comforting thought especially if I'm very well sought after free agent or player on the trading block with a no trade clause.That sort of problem being present makes a difference where there's usually always another team willing to pay around the same amount of money or more, and probably in warmer weather as well for the entire season.

And when a team is already on the "wrong side of town" and out of public view for the most part besides the occasionally flare up from said "talkative" manager, the kind of crap Oney pulls just puts a cherry on top of the horse**** image of the White Sox organization. The only thing anyone has to be grateful for in this mess is that the Sox probably made most of their major moves before this dumbass decided to "defend" his dad.

Noneck
12-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Everyone is assuming the kid received his info and a lot more from his father, if that is correct this could be bigger than anyone realizes. What stops this kids from writing a tell all book? My answer to that is for one of the most powerful owners in sports to finally take control of this situation. Tell Ozwaldo that if this happens one more time he will blackball him so the only job he will get will be down in homeland. JR is extremely powerful and must have stuff on ozwaldo that we cant fathom.

On the second hand if the kid received this personal info directly from Jenks, then its shame on Bobby.

Bob Roarman
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Again, it doesn't matter. It's that he HAS the information in the first place and him, whether any of us like it or not, being seen as an affiliate with White Sox through their manager, that he has the potential to do a lot of damage. Forget about Jenks.

russ99
12-29-2010, 10:01 PM
This time the invective was stunning in its cruelty. Oney sounds more and more like a childish, petty and vidictive man. He is going to be the cause of a very bad ending for his dad if he keeps this up. This should be the time of this young man's life, enjoying all the perks that come with having a father who manages in the big leagues. Is there anyone in his family or circle of friends that has the sense to tell this young man to just shut the hell up and enjoy the games?

This is spot on.

The guy has an axe to grind for some bizarre reason, and the media picks up his every word to stir up the dirt, since controversy sells.

IMO, if his name didn't end in Guillen, these tweets would be ignored as the petty ravings of an idiot. Maybe we should do so as well. He obviously doesn't represent the organization or reflect the views of our manager.

Noneck
12-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Again, it doesn't matter. It's that he HAS the information in the first place and him, whether any of us like it or not, is seen as an affiliate with White Sox through their manager, that he has the potential to do a lot of damage. Forget about Jenks.

If the public and players find out that the personal info was told to the kid from Jenks, it changes the situation. I doubt anyone with a lick of sense would tell that kid crap and if they did, they have **** for brains and deserve what they get.

Bob Roarman
12-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Does it sound he told him about crying in the manager's office? Did it sound like that's how he got the information? Come on. Again, you're too focused on Jenks, he's not really the point. The fact that Oney himself alluded to knowing a LOT more about players and that this was only his first "slip up" just digs the hole deeper when he thought by saying that was actually helping his point. Like it was said, just completely clueless.

Noneck
12-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Does it sound he told him about crying in the manager's office? Did it sound like that's how he got the information? Come on. Again, you're too focused on Jenks, he's not really the point. The fact that Oney himself alluded to knowing a LOT more about players and that this was only his first "slip up" just digs the hole deeper when he thought by saying that was actually helping his point. Like it was said, just completely clueless.

I am not disputing what it sounds like, just hoping that it was not the case. I am hoping that the kid hung around players as they were drinking with loose lips.

Lip Man 1
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
It's always possible of course that Oney heard some of this stuff from other players, not from Ozzie or Jenks himself.

Lip

sullythered
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I hope Bobby crosses paths with Oney Guillen someday, and punches him square in the face. Stupid ****ing idiot kid. Ozzie should be ashamed of him.

spawn
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I just listened to the entire interview, and as others have said, he just doesn't get it. First off, it was annoying as hell listening to him say "I have millions of friends in the clubhouse" or "millions of players have left", yet only a "couple of thousand" people read his tweets. The most distressing is for him to say there is a lot of clubhouse business that isn't reported, so this one thing isn't a big deal. Um, Oney, it's a huge ****ing deal. All it takes is that one time telling private business to the world that would lead other players or prosepective players not to trust the manager, meaning the prospective player won't sign here.

Also, He was sticking up for his team? Since when did he become the manager of the White Sox? He's not even employed by the White Sox. Jenks was being a dick by what he said, but that in no way gives Oney the right to air his private affairs publicly. And hoe he doesn't believe this can come back to hurt his father or the team is beyond me. He needs to go away. I hope Ozzie isn't continuing to tell Oney anything, because the kid is a ****ing idiot.

spawn
12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
It's always possible of course that Oney heard some of this stuff from other players, not from Ozzie or Jenks himself.

Lip
Some of the other stuff, I can believe this, such as Jenks' marital problems. But Jenks crying in the manager's office, I just can't let Ozzie off the hook for that.

Noneck
12-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Lip,

Sure that's possible also and maybe it came from someone that left the club with a bad taste in his mouth or someone on the club that's not happy. We all have seen this stuff in a work environment. Some people love the gossip and knowing other peoples business. Finally I know if I was oz I would be so ashamed and hurt that my own flesh and blood would do something like this. It really is a very sad situation, no matter how it all happened.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
The most distressing is for him to say there is a lot of clubhouse business that isn't reported, so this one thing isn't a big deal. Um, Oney, it's a huge ****ing deal. All it takes is that one time telling private business to the world that would lead other players or prosepective players not to trust the manager, meaning the prospective player won't sign here.

This is true. I am aware of a few things that go around but do not leave 35th & Shields. However, I have never shared them nor have the other people. Sometimes, to be honest, the White Sox aren't as appealing once I hear what goes on.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
The best thing to do is if Oney says these things, just do not make a big deal even if it is because then you are just letting Oney get what he wants, attention. Just ignore him even if you know what he is saying is garbage.

spawn
12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
This is true. I am aware of a few things that go around but do not leave 35th & Shields. However, I have never shared them nor have the other people. Sometimes, to be honest, the White Sox aren't as appealing once I hear what goes on.
I'm pretty confident that what goes on in the White Sox clubhouse happens in others as well. They just don't have arrogant, clueless manager's kids running around airing the dirty laundry. I'm glad I view sports for what is is...entertainment. I don't think I'd ever want to know what goes on in clubhouses or locker rooms, because I get the feeling I would be turned off from a majority of these athletes.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty confident that what goes on in the White Sox clubhouse happens in others as well. They just don't have arrogant, clueless manager's kids running around airing the dirty laundry. I'm glad I view sports for what is is...entertainment. I don't think I'd ever want to know what goes on in clubhouses or locker rooms, because I get the feeling I would be turned off from a majority of these athletes.

Probably true for the most part. I am aware of one thing that is quite upsetting that other clubs haven't done.

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Somehow, I doubt there will be any consequences for the Guillens. There weren't any last year when Oney opened his trap. It will all blow over, for better or worse, IMO (of course, last year's batch of tweets didn't delve this deeply into a player's personal life).

Brian26
12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
have a goodnight. im having best day ever especially since lakers game was on here. Today was a good day like cube used to say

Kid is playing the ultimate heel right now or completely delusional.

spawn
The best thing to do is if Oney says these things, just do not make a big deal even if it is because then you are just letting Oney get what he wants, attention. Just ignore him even if you know what he is saying is garbage.
For the most part, I agree. The problem is, it's hard to ignore him when he reveals privileged information about players, information the general public has no right to know.

CLUBHOUSE KID
Somehow, I doubt there will be any consequences for the Guillens. There weren't any last year when Oney opened his trap. It will all blow over, for better or worse, IMO (of course, last year's batch of tweets didn't delve this deeply into a player's personal life).

Something should happened because of what happened last year. Also, I saw Oney at a Bulls game and all he did was sit on his phone. Thank God no damage was done.

DrCrawdad
12-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Bernstein asked several probing questions. Oney thinks he's defending his dad but what he's done in his defense is worse than the original alleged offense.

IIRC when Frank left the Sox didn't KW and Ozzie reveal some previously confidential info about Frank? Didn't they say that Reinsdorf had bailed out Frank financially when Frank had squandered his money with overspending and poor investments?

I think it's entirely possible that Jenks feelings were hurt with the ending. Perhaps he's upset too that he has to transition to another team. And no one likes being spurned, which he was, and that spurn means a big change in his life - where he works and lives. So I can understand some anger and resentment. That's why the wise course would be to simply let it go, on the part of the Sox.

Here the Sox take the high road but then the manager's son feels compelled to reveal hurtful personal matters. Low, mean and vile.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
For the most part, I agree. The problem is, it's hard to ignore him when he reveals privileged information about players, information the general public has no right to know.

Oh trust me I totally agree. Sometimes it really is hard to ignore or get past something. I think that Oney is way out of line here and the fact that he is a relative of a high up for the WSox make it all the more worse than if it was just some fan.

GoGoCrede
12-29-2010, 10:41 PM

I think it's both. He was bragging earlier about how nice his Christmas holidays were.

Viva Medias B's
12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
As much a buffoon Oney is, especially after this latest incident, he has got to be enjoying every minute of it for all the attention he is getting.

Boondock Saint
12-29-2010, 10:46 PM
As much a buffoon Oney is, especially after this latest incident, he has got to be enjoying every minute of it for all the attention he is getting.

His face needs to be getting some attention from the back of Ozzie's hand.

CLUBHOUSE KID
This is making me mad now lol Oney does ZERO really. I HATE people who get somewhere for doing NOTHING all because of their dad. I mean it is okay IMO if you got a connection and skills but not just a connection. Oney is nothing I am sorry but who are you without your dad? I do more than you. My friends in the visiting clubhouse who have been there for 5-7 years have done and do more. Bobby has a right or more of a right to be mad. Oney, no way. What about when your father sent a pitcher to AAA for not hitting someone? That pitchers dad should done something to "protect" his son. Sound good Oney?

soltrain21

How Ozzie hasn't completely slapped the living **** out of him is beyond me. This has to be addressed by KW or Reinsdorf, right?

spawn
Didn't sound like he enjoyed the Bernstein interview.

spawn
12-29-2010, 10:49 PM
How Ozzie hasn't completely slapped the living **** out of him is beyond me. This has to be addressed by KW or Reinsdorf, right?
I hope so. This could be extremely damaging for the organization. You have a loose cannon out there who thinks it's no problem or remorse about spilling company business out there. I hope they tell him if he can't control his kid that he will be out of a job. I personally don't want Ozzie gone, but maybe being to ld that and Ozzie telling this to Oney will make this kid open his ****ing eyes and realize his tweets can have consequences.

Noneck
This has to be addressed by KW or Reinsdorf, right?

Not to the public, it would just fan the fire. I really hope ozwaldo already got that call from the chairman.

GoGoCrede

This isn't really the same as getting a statement from one of them, but the organization has put out a statement saying Oney's opinions do not reflect those of the White Sox. I would like something a bit more in-depth as well.

NSFWSoxFan
12-29-2010, 10:58 PM
As much a buffoon Oney is, especially after this latest incident, he has got to be enjoying every minute of it for all the attention he is getting. Of course. That's what drives this sort of gossip and trash talking. Look up thread at Clubhouse Kid saying he knows something about the Soxone thing that is quite upsetting that other clubs haven't done Most people want other people to think they're important/that they know stuff that other folks don't know. It's just human nature.

The Guillen family is Exhibit A why many organizations have strict nepotism guidelines.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Of course. That's what drives this sort of gossip and trash talking. Look up thread at Clubhouse Kid saying he knows something about the Sox Most people want other people to think they're important/that they know stuff that other folks don't know. It's just human nature.

The Guillen family is Exhibit A why many organizations have strict nepotism guidelines.

Wait, you think I did that for attention? That really pissed me the **** off right not. This is a very touchy issue that happened and some BS like this isn't making it better.

Brian26
12-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Wait, you think I did that for attention? That really pissed me the **** off right not. This is a very touchy issue that happened and some BS like this isn't making it better.

Whatever this top secret incident was, keep it to yourself.

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Whatever this top secret incident was, keep it to yourself.

I am. I only said what I said to show that it is correct to say that there is a lot that happens in the clubhouse and offices that is now right and it does not leave the park.

Brian26
12-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I am. I only said what I said to show that it is correct to say that there is a lot that happens in the clubhouse and offices that is now right and it does not leave the park.

That's not really a newsflash to anyone here.

I'd rather not know, so please drop the subject.

Brian26
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM

I do think it's funny that in the above post, you used "not" instead of "now", but....

...in this post, you used "now" instead of "not".

:redneck

NSFWSoxFan
12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Wait, you think I did that for attention? I suppose you could put it that way, although that lacks a bit of the complexity I was getting at. :smile:

So hey, okay, why did you imply you "knew stuff"?

Edit: never mind. lol. I'm with Brian26. Let's just drop it, k?

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
I do think it's funny that in the above post, you used "not" instead of "now", but....

...in this post, you used "now" instead of "not".

:redneck

lol I noticed that I laughed at how I got it reversed on accident

CLUBHOUSE KID
12-29-2010, 11:32 PM
I suppose you could put it that way, although that lacks a bit of the complexity I was getting at. :smile:

So hey, okay, why did you imply you "knew stuff"?

Like I said above, I said that because I was showing that there are many things that are done wrong in the clubhouse/offices that nobody outside the park knows about. I wasn't trying to show off. I really wish I didn't know what had happened. B26 doesn't want me to keep talking about it but this is why I said that.

DeadMoney
12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
So I guess it's safe to say that, at this rate, a 10 or 25 year reunion of the 2005 World Championship will have pretty low attendance. :redneck

soltrain21
12-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Like I said above, I said that because I was showing that there are many things that are done wrong in the clubhouse/offices that nobody outside the park knows about. I wasn't trying to show off. I really wish I didn't know what had happened. B26 doesn't want me to keep talking about it but this is why I said that.

You don't have to "show it." We aren't idiots. We know things happen we don't know about. Which can be said for every single person in our personal life - let alone random people that happen to be on the baseball team we like.

NSFWSoxFan
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
So I guess it's safe to say that, at this rate, a 10 or 25 year reunion of the 2005 World Championship will have pretty low attendance. :redneck
You might think. But then, it's amazing what a little time - and SILENCE - can do for hurt feelings. Another Exhibit A: Frank Thomas, Kenny Williams and the White Sox.

Nellie_Fox
12-30-2010, 12:49 AM
How do we know it was something Jenks told Ozzie in the manager's office? Isn't it possible that in the immense amount of time Oney spent in the clubhouse, he overheard some things and saw some things on his own?Because I think that if a player is going to be crying and talking about marital problems, he'd CLOSE THE ****ING DOOR.

For sure. Why would any player on our team want to talk to Ozzie or trust Ozzie with ANYTHING now? I sure as **** wouldn't tell him anything. His ass will just go home and blab about it to his family, who will then make it public on Twitter.This is my point exactly.

Some of the other stuff, I can believe this, such as Jenks' marital problems. But Jenks crying in the manager's office, I just can't let Ozzie off the hook for that.Spawn gets it. There are some things that simply don't get out of the office, no matter what. This was one of them.

I've been an Ozzie defender. This is pushing me into the camp that thinks it's time for him to go. It's no longer cute and funny. It is now damaging the entire organization.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Some of the other stuff, I can believe this, such as Jenks' marital problems. But Jenks crying in the manager's office, I just can't let Ozzie off the hook for that.

The only thing I fault Ozzie on is not being able to control his bitch ass son. That's the bottom line here. Tell the kid to knock it off, as simple as that.

I am starting to think Ozzie's kids don't take his dad serious anymore nor respect him because of all the **** that comes out of his mouth. He's a show man, the center of attention. Hey look, Oney wants to be a show man too. Like father like son.

PeteWard
12-30-2010, 01:11 AM

Yes. Bobby blew a few saves, but don't act like you knew what went on in his personal life or in the clubhouse.

"Blew a few saves"? Jenks absolutely sucked last year and those chokejobs against the Twins were every bit as important as not having LH power.

WhiteSox1983
12-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Its sad that Oney can tear this team apart. I love Ozzie as the manager, but he has to get control of his family.

thomas35forever
The only thing I fault Ozzie on is not being able to control his bitch ass son. That's the bottom line here. Tell the kid to knock it off, as simple as that.
Agreed. If I were Ozzie, I would tell Oney that if he's going to act like a child, he should be treated as such. Grounding someone and taking away privileges at his age sounds ridiculous, but in this case, such actions would probably be merited.

WhiteSox1983
"Blew a few saves"? Jenks absolutely sucked last year and those chokejobs against the Twins were every bit as important as not having LH power.

And what exactly has Oney done for the club?

NLaloosh
12-30-2010, 03:45 AM
When Ozzie was first hired and everyone I knew was asking me what I thought, I said that I didn't really like the hire because I don't like guys that run their mouths...

It turns out that Ozzie is a pretty good manager and I still don't like guys (like Ozzie) that run their mouths.....

I almost wish that Ozzie would get fired over this episode with Oney if only to teach this family a lesson.

However, the lesson will be lost on this family. And, will the Sox be better off ?

I also don't believe that Jerry would fire Ozzie over this anyway.

LITTLE NELL
12-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Today's Tribune, Daily Herald and Sun-Times really get into the heart of the matter.
I for one wanted Ozzie and his circus out of Chicago after the 2010 season. I've had enough of these motor mouths.

Wsoxmike59
12-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I sure hope Oney is banned from the Clubhouse or Locker room in 2011.

And note to Oney, if you notice the players giving you the cold shoulder next season it's because they know they can't say anything to you in confidence you big mouth low class buffoon! :angry:

Viva Medias B's
12-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Oney = Fredo

TomBradley72
12-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Oney = Fredo

Well played.

Hitmen77
12-30-2010, 08:12 AM

I think this really gets to the heart of why this could be a big problem for the Sox. It's not even January yet and communication, trust, and/or respect in the manager is already being torpedoed.

JR is going "all in" this year by pushing the payroll up to the $120M range. If I were him, I wouldn't be too happy that Ozzie's kid is already working to poison the atmosphere in the Sox clubhouse.

Haugh in the Trib has a good take on this today:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-1230-haugh-white-sox-chicago--20101229,0,2247330.column?page=1

Jenks did have a great stretch in June that helped the Sox make that incredible comeback from 9.5 games out. But, I have to say that his blown save at Target Field in late July was essentially a dagger in the heart of this team. We were 3 outs away from leaving that place with a split and maintaining our division lead. That loss was the turning point in the season. It was downhill after that.

Another concern with Jenks isn't just the decrease in effectiveness but also the increase in nagging injuries. Yes, the Sox have holes to fill in the bullpen now, but I don't blame KW for not wanting to sink $5-$7 million of his payroll on Jenks.

I thought Ozzie stuck by Jenks despite the meltdowns, so Bobby's complaints really come off as whining. But, of course, that part of the story is completely lost now in the latest chapter of the Guillen Family soap opera.

Brian26
12-30-2010, 08:24 AM

It is irrelevant if he was the worst player on the team or even the worst player in Sox history. Nobody should have their personal information spewed over Twitter.

Hitmen77
12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Ummm.....why the hate for Ozzie? His winning percentage as Manager for the White Sox ranks him 7th overall. Of the six Mangers ahead of him, only Al Lopez has more years at the helm.

He's the Manager, not the boy you're bringing home to meet your parents. Let's get away from the personality (which, for the record, I think is great) and focus on the job he is hired to do: win baseball games.

....and Ozzie also has had a lot more talent to work with during his tenure than most other Sox managers. I'm neither an Ozzie-hater nor an Ozzie-apologist, but other than 2005 his teams don't exactly overachieve.

The problem is we can't get away from personality here. The antics with him and his family could seriously affect the job he was hired to do: win baseball games.

Over By There
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Was it Oney who ripped the **** out of the organization when one of the Guillen kids went undrafted last year/year before? And now he feels like he has some obligation to defend the honor of said organization? I like Ozzie in general but the family situation is bizarre. I hope someone can finally tighten the reins on this situation.

Bob Roarman
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I thought Ozzie stuck by Jenks despite the meltdowns, so Bobby's complaints really come off as whining. But, of course, that part of the story is completely lost now in the latest chapter of the Guillen Family soap opera.

As well it should. It doesn't really matter what he said, none of it is anything that any other player leaving a team hasn't said before. Forget about Jenks in this whole mess, just forget about him. He's done, he's gone, the real problem is still here.

wassagstdu
12-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Once again, Terry Bevington is vindicated for his ban on Ozzie's sons in the clubhouse way back. It is very bad if Oney is divulging personal information he got from his father, but almost as bad if he picked it up by hanging around the clubhouse. Having a spy for the boss around is poison. This whole corrupt mess needs to be cleaned up and I am not sure that can be done short of firing (or trading) Ozzie.

As for Jenks, I honestly do not find anything he said offensive or particularly negative toward the Sox or Ozzie. He is talking for the most part about his personal reaction to the events, all of which are entirely understandable. I can't agree with Jenks that the manager should just trust relievers regardless of how they are performing, even if they are, as Jenks was, key parts of the team. But that is exactly the mindset that it takes to be a closer: supreme self confidence not dented by occasional failure. And that is exactly what we as Sox fans would want and expect from the closer. Rereading the most offensive statement, that Jenks "is looking forward to playing for a manager who knows how to handle a bullpen," I really don't find that all that offensive. After all, he did explain what he meant by that (not enough unquestioning support for the closer) and therefore we can both understand what he meant and believe he was wrong. No problem.

I hope Bobby will get the standing O he deserves when he returns to Chicago.

Over By There
12-30-2010, 08:41 AM
One other point: I think some are taking the workplace confidentiality thing a bit too far. I would guess most of us discuss a few work issues over dinner with our spouse or whatever. So I don't fault Ozzie for talking about what happens in the clubhouse at home per se. However, as someone else mentioned, the real problem is the inability of Ozzie to control what comes out of the mouths of those in whom he confides. If he can't control Oney, then it's incumbent upon Ozzie not to share any sensitive information with him. If Ozzie can't do that, as much as I am an Ozzie supporter, his job status needs to be evaluated.

Bob Roarman
12-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't see it only as workplace confidentiality problem when it comes to discussing a person's intensive personal problems with others, I also see it as a lack of respect for a fellow human being. Why does anyone have to know about that? They are trusting in you to NOT discuss it with anyone else. To NOT have it leave the office. That's the whole point of being able to open up like that in the first place. That's Ozzie's responsibility as manager: To keep it between him and the player and no one else.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 09:02 AM
One other point: I think some are taking the workplace confidentiality thing a bit too far. I would guess most of us discuss a few work issues over dinner with our spouse or whatever. So I don't fault Ozzie for talking about what happens in the clubhouse at home per se. However, as someone else mentioned, the real problem is the inability of Ozzie to control what comes out of the mouths of those in whom he confides. If he can't control Oney, then it's incumbent upon Ozzie not to share any sensitive information with him. If Ozzie can't do that, as much as I am an Ozzie supporter, his job status needs to be evaluated.

No, the real problem is that Ozzie is telling his family stuff that White Sox players confide to HIM.

And I don't think the workplace thing is going too far. It's one thing to have a peer go home and talk about how you are looking to buy a new house. It's an entirely different situation to have your BOSS go home and tell his family you are struggling at your job because you are having marital problems, something that Bobby Jenks more than likely said in confidence to Ozzie.

spawn
12-30-2010, 09:15 AM

Agreed. If I were Ozzie, I would tell Oney that if he's going to act like a child, he should be treated as such. Grounding someone and taking away privileges at his age sounds ridiculous, but in this case, such actions would probably be merited.
Neither of you is getting to the heart of the matter. You can blame Oney all you want. The problem is, he got this information from someone. His father. Information that was shared in confidence. Ozzie is the root of the problem here, not Oney. He's simply the messenger.

spawn
12-30-2010, 09:20 AM
After all, he did explain what he meant by that (not enough unquestioning support for the closer) and therefore we can both understand what he meant and believe he was wrong. No problem.

I hope Bobby will get the standing O he deserves when he returns to Chicago.
He didn't deserve unquestioning support. The bottom line is he wasn't consistent. Period. Maybe he needs to ask himself why there wasn't "unquestioning support" instead of taking pot shots. Face it, he looks bad for his comments, considering Ozzie and this organization stood by him through all of his difficulties, on and off the field.

Over By There
12-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I think both of your points are fair, but a bit idealistic. Putting myself in Ozzie's shoes, I can see going home, and in a quiet moment with my wife over dinner, saying that one of my players is really going through a tough time. Personally, I find that my wife can help me think through how to handle the occasional issue with a staff member - simply by being a woman and having different life experiences, she can help me be a better manager in my job. Now, if she goes out and broadcasts to the world, "can you believe OBT's employee has this personal problem?!?" then I've made a bad decision and need to fix it. Ozzie clearly hasn't fixed this.

JMHO, but I think people are, perhaps, projecting the context of the disclosure onto Ozzie. In other words, because Oney is an idiot who disclosed the crying thing in such a vindictive way, perhaps some assume that Ozzie came home, guzzled a couple of beers, and boarishly rambled about how Jenks is a mess. However, none of us truly know that level of detail... maybe he did, or maybe the circumstances are different. Again, all I'm saying is that I personally don't blame Ozzie for keeping every little workplace issue locked away in an airtight vault, because I don't think many effective managers (and I mean that in the broader sense) do that. I do blame him for confiding the information in non-trustworthy individuals and for not dealing with the repercussions faster.

spawn
12-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I think both of your points are fair, but a bit idealistic. Putting myself in Ozzie's shoes, I can see going home, and in a quiet moment with my wife over dinner, saying that one of my players is really going through a tough time. Personally, I find that my wife can help me think through how to handle the occasional issue with a staff member - simply by being a woman and having different life experiences, she can help me be a better manager in my job. Now, if she goes out and broadcasts to the world, "can you believe OBT's employee has this personal problem?!?" then I've made a bad decision and need to fix it. Ozzie clearly hasn't fixed this.

Telling your spouse is one thing. Sharing information like this with your kids is another thing altogether. I understand he's close to his sons, and they grew up around and in the clubhouse. But personal matters between a player and his manager should stay private.

Over By There
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Telling your spouse is one thing. Sharing information like this with your kids is another thing altogether. I understand he's close to his sons, and they grew up around and in the clubhouse. But personal matters between a player and his manager should stay private.

I think we're agreed on this point. Assuming this all happened in absolute privacy, and Ozzie directly disclosed the information to Oney, it was a bad decision and it shouldn't have happened based on Oney's track record. Ozzie is 100% at fault for that, and he's in even hotter water if the issue continues not to be addressed.

TomBradley72
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I put 100% of this on Oney.

Jenks has overcome personal adversity to achieve at a very high level in the major leagues.

Ozzie has achieved at a very high level in the major leagues as both a player and a manager.

Oney is in the same league as the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, etc. He has accomplished nothing in his life- other than being Ozzie's son- and he milks it for all it's worth. He's a disgusting human being.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I put 100% of this on Oney.

Jenks has overcome personal adversity to achieve at a very high level in the major leagues.

Ozzie has achieved at a very high level in the major leagues as both a player and a manager.

Oney is in the same league as the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, etc. He has accomplished nothing in his life- other than being Ozzie's son- and he milks it for all it's worth. He's a disgusting human being.

What does that have to do with being a blabber mouth? Just because they are good at a sport doesn't mean they aren't a complete ******* (I'm not saying Ozzie is an *******, but you get the idea).

And, I mean, isn't Ozzie at least a little to blame in your little fantasy world of it being Oney's fault? Shouldn't Ozzie raise a son who, maybe, isn't a complete ****ing moron with no common sense or decency?

TomBradley72
12-30-2010, 10:23 AM
What does that have to do with being a blabber mouth? Just because they are good at a sport doesn't mean they aren't a complete ******* (I'm not saying Ozzie is an *******, but you get the idea).

And, I mean, isn't Ozzie at least a little to blame in your little fantasy world of it being Oney's fault? Shouldn't Ozzie raise a son who, maybe, isn't a complete ****ing moron with no common sense or decency?

If you are going to judge every parent on the conduct of their children- that's a very long discussion. I pulled alot of **** in my 20's- my mother and father were not responsible- I was.

I think Ozzie's judgement (along with Kenny's) has been very questionable in allowing the nepotism of Oney being involved with the White Sox to begin with. But Ozzie hasn't done anything specific to this incident. He has not responded in any way to the Jenks article.

Oney is an adult- he twittered this crap- and the only reason anyone even pays attention is not because he's actually accomplished anything in his life- but because his father is famous.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
If you are going to judge every parent on the conduct of their children- that's a very long discussion. I pulled alot of **** in my 20's- my mother and father were not responsible- I was.

I think Ozzie's judgement (along with Kenny's) has been very questionable in allowing the nepotism of Oney being involved with the White Sox to begin with.

Oney is an adult- he twittered this crap- and the only reason anyone even pays attention is not because he's actually accomplished anything in his life- but because his father is famous.

But the truth is that this IS Ozzie's fault. There is no reason that Oney should know this info. There is no reason Ozzie should be sharing it with anyone. This isn't just a, "Oh, no big deal. Oney is an idiot." This is a very big deal, and harms the entire organization.

If I'm Adam Dunn I'm thinking, "Alright - I'll not tell Ozzie anything if this is what happens."

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Neither of you is getting to the heart of the matter. You can blame Oney all you want. The problem is, he got this information from someone. His father. Information that was shared in confidence. Ozzie is the root of the problem here, not Oney. He's simply the messenger.

I understand he got the information from his father, the same way he could have gotten it from Coop or Cora or someone else. Let's assume he did get this from his father, big ****ing deal. It's not like Ozzie disclosed to his family that Jenks had AIDS or was a homosexual. So what, should Ozzie take his profession the road of a doctor or CIA agent and not discuss anything with his family about the workplace during dinner?

The kid is the problem here. I donít get it how you guys want to throw this on Ozzie.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I understand he got the information from his father, the same way he could have gotten it from Coop or Cora or someone else. Let's assume he did get this from his father, big ****ing deal. It's not like Ozzie disclosed to his family that Jenks had AIDS or was a homosexual. So what, should Ozzie take his profession the road of a doctor or CIA agent and not discuss anything with his family about the workplace during dinner?

The kid is the problem here. I donít get it how you guys want to throw this on Ozzie.

The amount of wrong in this post is startling.

happydude
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't see it only as workplace confidentiality problem when it comes to discussing a person's intensive personal problems with others, I also see it as a lack of respect for a fellow human being. Why does anyone have to know about that? They are trusting in you to NOT discuss it with anyone else. To NOT have it leave the office. That's the whole point of being able to open up like that in the first place. That's Ozzie's responsibility as manager: To keep it between him and the player and no one else.

You are correct, of course. Unfortunately, it is fairly common, even amongst professionals whose jobs require confidentiality like lawyers, doctors, psychologists, etc., to fail to adhere to those restrictions. They find relief in discussing the problems of others with those whom they should not because, in a sense, these problems are now their problems and people love to talk about their problems.

Assuming, then, that Ozzie is, at least, one of the sources of Oney's information it may be that his loose lips were a product of his desire to unburden himself at home from problems at work and not reflective of any particular animus or disregard for Jenks. Of course, even if that was the case he still carries the responsibility of limiting the information to those whom he can trust to keep it to themselves. I can't believe he would put that trust in Oney whom he knows, better than we do, is as unpredictable as a tropical storm. Its possible that Ozzie confided in his wife and the information leaked from there.

In truth, we can't be certain at this point how Oney found these things out. Its common for private information to filter through an entire workplace.

Its fun to hammer Guillen, perhaps, but it may be premature until we know more.

spawn
12-30-2010, 10:45 AM
The amount of wrong in this post is startling.
No kidding.

spawn
12-30-2010, 10:49 AM

The kid is the problem here. I don’t get it how you guys want to throw this on Ozzie.
Very easy. I'm just going to say this: Why would any current or prospective White Sox player want to confide any personal information with his manager if there is a chance this information will somehow be made public because the manager discusses personal information confided in him with his family, and his son may spout off if the player says something negativer about the organization? I'm a fan of Ozzie's. I've never advocated for him to be fired. However, as Nellie said, if this affects the organization long term, then maybe a change will be necessary.

TomBradley72
12-30-2010, 10:58 AM
But the truth is that this IS Ozzie's fault. There is no reason that Oney should know this info. There is no reason Ozzie should be sharing it with anyone. This isn't just a, "Oh, no big deal. Oney is an idiot." This is a very big deal, and harms the entire organization.

If I'm Adam Dunn I'm thinking, "Alright - I'll not tell Ozzie anything if this is what happens."

I don't agree with your assumption that Oney received all this info directly from Ozzie- as stated by other posters- there are may ways that information leaks around a work place. Other players, other coaches, clubhouse personnel, etc. The guy who decided to go public with all of this was- Oney.

Bob Roarman
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
You are correct, of course. Unfortunately, it is fairly common, even amongst professionals whose jobs require confidentiality like lawyers, doctors, psychologists, etc., to fail to adhere to those restrictions. They find relief in discussing the problems of others with those whom they should not because, in a sense, these problems are now their problems and people love to talk about their problems.

Assuming, then, that Ozzie is, at least, one of the sources of Oney's information it may be that his loose lips were a product of his desire to unburden himself at home from problems at work and not reflective of any particular animus or disregard for Jenks. Of course, even if that was the case he still carries the responsibility of limiting the information to those whom he can trust to keep it to themselves. I can't believe he would put that trust in Oney whom he knows, better than we do, is as unpredictable as a tropical storm. Its possible that Ozzie confided in his wife and the information leaked from there.

In truth, we can't be certain at this point how Oney found these things out. Its common for private information to filter through an entire workplace.

Its fun to hammer Guillen, perhaps, but it may be premature until we know more.

That doesn't excuse anything. If what it means to be a "common professional" is, in part, to not adhere to policies regarding players' private lives, then maybe they better ****ing find someone uncommon enough to be able to respect those policies and uphold them.

Very easy. I'm just going to say this: Why would any current or prospective White Sox player want to confide any personal information with his manager if there is a chance this information will somehow be made public because the manager discusses personal information confided in him with his family, and his son may spout off if the player says something negativer about the organization?

If I were a player, I wouldn't just be concerned with him talking about private matters like this with his family, I'd also be very concerned with him talking about personal matters with ANYONE. Members of the media, other players, other managers/GMs. Seriously, it throws everything into doubt. We all know of Ozzie's style of speaking his mind, throwing other players who don't even play for him "under the bus". Would it surprise you now to find out he does talk about players' "skeletons in the closet" to other people other than his son? I couldn't rule it out, not now. Given how he acts, it's really not that big a stretch of the imagination.

doublem23
12-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Honestly, if KW or Reinsdorf came on TV this morning and said Ozzie's been fired because of his douchebag kids I'd be all for it. I am sick and tired of this bull****. If I wanted to have fights over tweets and he-said, she-said garbage, I'd start following a high school baseball team.

Not saying I want Ozzie fired, but I'm pretty open to the idea right now. This is ridiculous.

DirtySox
12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I sure hope Oney is banned from the Clubhouse or Locker room in 2011.

I believe Oney said he hasn't been in the White Sox clubhouse in nearly a year.

Mohoney
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
How do we know it was something Jenks told Ozzie in the manager's office? Isn't it possible that in the immense amount of time Oney spent in the clubhouse, he overheard some things and saw some things on his own?

Honestly, what is Oney doing in the clubhouse in the first place?

ewokpelts
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
oney is a former employee of the sox and traveled with the team. he was a clubhouse presence until he resigned his position. he may have very well have gotten his information directly in the clubhouse with no help from his father.

also, the news of jenks drinking and marital issues have been brought before and not through a guillen. so it's hard to tell how oney got this information.

that said, he shoudl shut the **** up and let his father fight his own battles.

and for the record, again, ozzie has defended jenks more so than anyone. there were very loud and open calls for jenks to be dumped more than once the last 2-3 years, and ozzie stood by him more than once.

Sargeant79
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Regarding the bolded part... Kids will often learn by example. Ozzie has failed to bite his tongue at times when he probably shouldn't have ran his mouth, but he has rarely crossed the line into a personal attack on someone on the inner circles in the organization. Oney has, to some degree, been mirroring Ozzie's behavior over the last year's twitter escapades, however he has done so without the wisdom that Ozzie's age brings and takes it to a far more inappropriate level as a result.

And all that aside, it isn't fair to always put a rotten kid completely on the parents. Sometimes parents who do everything right still wind up with douchebag kids.

Rocky Soprano
12-30-2010, 11:59 AM
It was only a few weeks ago that we were all talking about how the Sox were going all in and now this crap. I agree that it is time for Ozzie to go. Not only do we have to deal with his big mouth now we also have to deal with Oney's. In just about any company if an employee confides in his manager and that info gets out, said manager would be in hot water with HR and more than likely fired.

I have grown very tired of the Guillen's constant desire to be larger than the team. They all need to go.

happydude
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
That doesn't excuse anything. If what it means to be a "common professional" is, in part, to not adhere to policies regarding players' private lives, then maybe they better ****ing find someone uncommon enough to be able to respect those policies and uphold them.

If I were a player, I wouldn't just be concerned with him talking about private matters like this with his family, I'd also be very concerned with him talking about personal matters with ANYONE. Members of the media, other players, other managers/GMs. Seriously, it throws everything into doubt. We all know of Ozzie's style of speaking his mind, throwing other players who don't even play for him "under the bus". Would it surprise you now to find out he does talk about players' "skeletons in the closet" to other people other than his son? I couldn't rule it out, not now. Given how he acts, it's really not that big a stretch of the imagination.

The comment was not made to excuse Ozzie's alleged conduct but to place it in a context I believe is more appropriate because there seems to be a feeling among some almost approaching outrage for behavior that, in truth, is more common than most people may believe and certainly not limited to the "loose cannon" type of personality that seems to fairly characterize him. There are two facts that seem unresolved and which, if known, might alter our perceptions of this situation.

For one, we have no conclusory evidence of the source of Oney's knowledge. Secondly, even if that source of knowledge is Ozzie we do not know to whom he directly revealed the information or why. I believe this information is critical to how this incident should be viewed.

GoGoCrede
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Honestly, if KW or Reinsdorf came on TV this morning and said Ozzie's been fired because of his douchebag kids I'd be all for it. I am sick and tired of this bull****. If I wanted to have fights over tweets and he-said, she-said garbage, I'd start following a high school baseball team.

Not saying I want Ozzie fired, but I'm pretty open to the idea right now. This is ridiculous.

I agree, but I just don't see it happening, especially because Oney's done all this before and nothing happened to any of them.

Frater Perdurabo
12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
It doesn't matter how Oney got his information, or if Ozzie shared confidential information about Jenks (or any other player) over the dinner table.

What actually matters is the PERCEPTION of the situation around the rest of the league and in the Sox clubhouse itself.

Will current (and prospective) Sox players be able to trust Ozzie from this point forward? Will they want to play hard for him?

happydude
12-30-2010, 12:08 PM
It doesn't matter how Oney got his information, or if Ozzie shared confidential information about Jenks (or any other player) over the dinner table.

What actually matters is the PERCEPTION of the situation around the rest of the league and in the Sox clubhouse itself.

Will current (and prospective) Sox players be able to trust Ozzie from this point forward? Will they want to play hard for him?

You're right, Frater. Ultimately, the issues you raise may have long term significance well beyond the current news cycle.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Very easy. I'm just going to say this: Why would any current or prospective White Sox player want to confide any personal information with his manager if there is a chance this information will somehow be made public because the manager discusses personal information confided in him with his family, and his son may spout off if the player says something negativer about the organization? I'm a fan of Ozzie's. I've never advocated for him to be fired. However, as Nellie said, if this affects the organization long term, then maybe a change will be necessary.

Why would players have to confide anything to their manager? The players are not forced to bring their personal business to the locker room. The manager is not a shrink. And of all the managers in baseball, you would have to be an idiot to trust Ozzie with your personal issues knowing how lose his mouth is.

Is it bad for the clubhouse not to trust your manager with personal issues? The question should be, how many of the other 24 guys outside of Bobby have these extreme marital and drinking issues? Let's remember folks, Bobby came to this town with a ton of baggage. None of this is a surprise. Although, Oney in my book is still a piece of ****.

Bottom line, the Sox can still have a great season this year with Ozzie leading this team. Not need to fire him because of his moronic son or the fact that his players can't trust him with personal issues (although I highly doubt too many of those guys either have issues this bad or even want to bring it to the locker room).

billcissell
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Disappointed to see Jenks bad mouth the Sox after signing with Boston. Always liked the rotund one. He was a valuable contributor to the 2005 championship. But he has a right to speak his mind if he felt Ozzie was less than adept at managing a bullpen.

Ozzie's son Oney had to sound off as usual. Nothing wrong with that either. But pointing out that Jenks confided in Ozzie concerning some personal matters went too far.

There is absolutely no reason to go public with this info. That was a private discussion between Jenks and his manager. Oney only proved to me that he is just a young kid who doesn't know any better. It's fine to stick up for your father and the Sox organization. It is not okay to bring up personal matters Jenks may have discussed in confidence with Ozzie.

Oney, please grow up or shut up.

SephClone89
12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Because 15 pages wasn't enough...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2672245#post2672245

DumpJerry
12-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Why would players have to confide anything to their manager? The players are not forced to bring their personal business to the locker room. The manager is not a shrink. And of all the managers in baseball, you would have to be an idiot to trust Ozzie with your personal issues knowing how lose his mouth is.

Is it bad for the clubhouse not to trust your manager with personal issues? The question should be, how many of the other 24 guys outside of Bobby have these extreme marital and drinking issues? Let's remember folks, Bobby came to this town with a ton of baggage. None of this is a surprise. Although, Oney in my book is still a piece of ****.

Bottom line, the Sox can still have a great season this year with Ozzie leading this team. Not need to fire him because of his moronic son or the fact that his players can't trust him with personal issues (although I highly doubt too many of those guys either have issues this bad or even want to bring it to the locker room).
Clearly you do not understand the role of a manager/head coach.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 12:37 PM

I can bet the ratio is more like 10:1 of past players who have a positive perception about this clubhouse than it is negative.

It's always the players who either sucked while they were here or left after an injury who have bad things to say about the organization.

You think Paul Konerko would have wanted to return if this thing was a leaving hell as many of you point it out to be? And yes, this new Oney situation happened after he signed his new contract. But this Ozzie Familia Circus has been going on for a long time now.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Clearly you do not understand the role of a manager/head coach.

:rolleyes:Clearly you do I guess.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Disappointed to see Jenks bad mouth the Sox after signing with Boston. Always liked the rotund one. He was a valuable contributor to the 2005 championship. But he has a right to speak his mind if he felt Ozzie was less than adept at managing a bullpen.

Ozzie's son Oney had to sound off as usual. Nothing wrong with that either. But pointing out that Jenks confided in Ozzie concerning some personal matters went too far.

There is absolutely no reason to go public with this info. That was a private discussion between Jenks and his manager. Oney only proved to me that he is just a young kid who doesn't know any better. It's fine to stick up for your father and the Sox organization. It is not okay to bring up personal matters Jenks may have discussed in confidence with Ozzie.

Best post of this thread.

Oney is at fault, and only Oney.

To want to hang Ozzie for this is absurd. So you guys want to leave this team with out a manager here in January when they have put together a pretty damn good ball club to compete for a title this season?

It's absurd.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 12:47 PM

To want to hang Ozzie for this is absurd. So you guys want to leave this team with out a manager here in January when they have put together a pretty damn good ball club to compete for a title this season?

It's absurd.

When did I ever say anything about firing the guy?

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 12:51 PM

If Jenks is going to badmouth the Sox he better be able to take the heat he gets back. Jenks is the happiest person in the world right now since Oney took the focus off him. If Oney would have stuck to Jenks sucking up the place and not being mentally tough, it would have been a respectable opinion.

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM

It's absurd.
great point. Plus, how do we even know Ozzie even said anything to Oney? All I see is assumptions being made that Ozzie broke confidence. How do we know Oney didn't hear this from another player or players?

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 12:57 PM
When did I ever say anything about firing the guy?

Many people here are suggesting that if JR decides to fire him for this they don't see a problem with that.

Ozzie has done plenty bad in the past and bigger reasons to get fired than for this, his dumb ass son.

DumpJerry
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
if jenks is going to badmouth the sox he better be able to take the heat he gets back. Jenks is the happiest person in the world right now since oney took the focus off him. If oney would have stuck to jenks sucking up the place and not being mentally tough, it would have been a respectable opinion.
+1

spawn
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM
great point. Plus, how do we even know Ozzie even said anything to Oney? All I see is assumptions being made that Ozzie broke confidence. How do we know Oney didn't hear this from another player or players?
Unless Jenks told the other players he was crying in the manager's office, then Oney only could've found this out from Ozzie.

The overridng point that people that believe Ozzie to be blameless is as Frater pointed out, the perception around the league that Ozzie can't control his kids, or that personal information can be leaked by his kids. Oney is definitely to blame here, but it's pretty naive IMO to believe Ozzie dfoesn't get a share of this himself. And as I've already said a couple of times in this thread, I'm generally an Ozzie backer. But this, I can't hold him completely blameless for.

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Many people here are suggesting that if JR decides to fire him for this they don't see a problem with that.

Ozzie has done plenty bad in the past and bigger reasons to get fired than for this, his dumb ass son.

This just can't get chalked up to Ozzie's dumb kid though. This has potential to really hurt the Sox in the present and future.

Domeshot17
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I can bet the ratio is more like 10:1 of past players who have a positive perception about this clubhouse than it is negative.

It's always the players who either sucked while they were here or left after an injury who have bad things to say about the organization.

You think Paul Konerko would have wanted to return if this thing was a leaving hell as many of you point it out to be? And yes, this new Oney situation happened after he signed his new contract. But this Ozzie Familia Circus has been going on for a long time now.

Ozzie is not viewed highly positive by mlb players. ESPN constantly polls the mlb players and everytime they ask which manager you would want to play for least, Ozzie is in the top 2 or 3. I am not saying its fair or right, or that the majority of OUR players don't like him, but with this situation, the comments by PK, I think the writing is on the wall that Ozzie needs to at the very least learn some professionalism.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Unless Jenks told the other players he was crying in the manager's office, then Oney only could've found this out from Ozzie.

The overridng point that people that believe Ozzie to be blameless is as Frater pointed out, the perception around the league that Ozzie can't control his kids, or that personal information can be leaked by his kids. Oney is definitely to blame here, but it's pretty naive IMO to believe Ozzie dfoesn't get a share of this himself. And as I've already said a couple of times in this thread, I'm generally an Ozzie backer. But this, I can't hold him completely blameless for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not the first case of personal information being leaked? And how personal is it when everyone already knew that Jenks has his issues? Now if Oney rats out a guy like Gavin Floyd, then we have major issues and the entire family should be dropped from a cliff.

spawn
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not the first case of personal information being leaked? And how personal is it when everyone already knew that Jenks has his issues? Now if Oney rats out a guy like Gavin Floyd, then we have major issues and the entire family should be dropped from a cliff.
It only takes one for players to not trust their manager with anything personal, especially when the manager shares information with his kids.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
This just can't get chalked up to Ozzie's dumb kid though. This has potential to really hurt the Sox in the present and future.

We are getting too caught up in this and there is no need to worry about that.

I will let the play on the field decide that.

Who's to say the Sox don't lay another huge egg this year and Ozzie gets fired for that in October? Done. Ozzie and family are out of the picture.

Or who's to say the Sox don't go out there and win the World Series this year? Winning cures everything. The Sox will be a place players will want to come just like post 2005.

It's that simple.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 01:30 PM
It only takes one for players to not trust their manager with anything personal, especially when the manager shares information with his kids.

Perhaps that's a good lesson to learn. These guys knowing Ozzie already, I don't know why it took for this to happen for them to get it.

Ozzie is Michael Scott from the office.

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Ozzie is not viewed highly positive by mlb players. ESPN constantly polls the mlb players and everytime they ask which manager you would want to play for least, Ozzie is in the top 2 or 3. I am not saying its fair or right, or that the majority of OUR players don't like him, but with this situation, the comments by PK, I think the writing is on the wall that Ozzie needs to at the very least learn some professionalism.
That's really a silly poll. Is Ozzie there to be their buddy or to be their boss? There's been bosses I'm sure we all hated or hate, but we do our job because that's what we get paid to do. Billy Martin was a bigger tool than Ozzie could ever be, and his players played for him.

Frater Perdurabo
12-30-2010, 01:44 PM
People don't act on the basis of reality. People act on the basis of their PERCEPTION of reality.

I believe it is possible that players' PERCEPTION of Ozzie as manager, especially given this most recent incident with his spastic-thumbed Tweeting son, could cause further clubhouse problems this year, that in turn could affect on-field performance, and thus could prevent the Sox from winning a very winnable division.

I'm not saying the Sox should fire Ozzie right now. But I have said elsewhere that winning a division or wild card earns a manager three more seasons to try to win it again. They won the division in 2008, so 2011 is the third season since then. If they don't make the playoffs in 2011, Ozzie should be fired. Period.

DumpJerry
12-30-2010, 01:49 PM
In fairness to Ozzie, we don't really know how Oney came into the information or if the information is even accurate.

Jenks could have been a dumbass and confided in Oney directly.

Uncle_Patrick
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM

I didn't hear the Oney/Score interview but I keep seeing this mentioned in the thread, that Jenks was crying in Ozzie's office. Was this mentioned in the interview or are people just assuming that this happened? I'm just curious because I know a lot of people simply assume that if someone has marital problems, they keep it discreet at work, although this isn't always true. I've worked with several people who will tell anyone who will listen all about their marital woes. Not that I'm defending Oney, because whether it was something told in confidence or something that was common knowledge around the Sox organization or even something Bobby told to Oney, there's no excuse for making it public.

DumpJerry
12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I didn't hear the Oney/Score interview but I keep seeing this mentioned in the thread, that Jenks was crying in Ozzie's office. Was this mentioned in the interview or are people just assuming that this happened? I'm just curious because I know a lot of people simply assume that if someone has marital problems, they keep it discreet at work, although this isn't always true. I've worked with several people who will tell anyone who will listen all about their marital woes. Not that I'm defending Oney, because whether it was something told in confidence or something that was common knowledge around the Sox organization or even something Bobby told to Oney, there's no excuse for making it public.
I recall seeing a Scoreboard message about it from Jenks' wife during the Red Sox series in September. Something along the lines of "Bobby, you're a drunk and don't come home tonight. Go Sox!"

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 02:03 PM
People don't act on the basis of reality. People act on the basis of their PERCEPTION of reality.

I believe it is possible that players' PERCEPTION of Ozzie as manager, especially given this most recent incident with his spastic-thumbed Tweeting son, could cause further clubhouse problems this year, that in turn could affect on-field performance, and thus could prevent the Sox from winning a very winnable division.

I'm not saying the Sox should fire Ozzie right now. But I have said elsewhere that winning a division or wild card earns a manager three more seasons to try to win it again. They won the division in 2008, so 2011 is the third season since then. If they don't make the playoffs in 2011, Ozzie should be fired. Period.

Further clubhouse problems?

As far as I know, there have been none (for the most part) when it comes to Ozzie and his players. In fact, it's the other way around. Ozzie goes above and beyond to protect his guys (inlcuding Jenks when he sucked). We are talking about players vs Ozzier here. The KW vs Ozzie issues and the Media vs Ozzie nonesense, whole different issue.

Can this Jenks situation deteriorate his relationship with his players going forward? Maybe. But remember three things: 1) Ozzie did not say a damn thing here, it was his son 2) Jenks was the bitch who started talking bad about Ozzie and the Sox 3) It's Bobby Jenks. None of what was said by Oney was a shock to anyone knowing that Bobby has issues. Had them when he was in Anaheim and had them when he was here.

If this clubhouse was an issue as many say it is, Buehrle, AJ, Paulie, Dye, Rowand, Thome, all would have taken the first chance out of here by choice if it was given to them. Instead they all either signed at a discount to be here or were begging to be brought back.

LoveYourSuit
12-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I recall seeing a Scoreboard message about it from Jenks' wife during the Red Sox series in September. Something along the lines of "Bobby, you're a drunk and don't come home tonight. Go Sox!"

:scratch:

doublem23
12-30-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree, but I just don't see it happening, especially because Oney's done all this before and nothing happened to any of them.

I don't know, Oney got his ass fired.

doublem23
12-30-2010, 02:22 PM

It's a tricky road to cross. Obviously, I'm not going to pretend like my office is the same thing as the Sox clubhouse, but if my boss (or her kids) were airing personal, closed door conversations in public I'd have a very, very hard time trusting her.

I think it's equally absurd to believe that life will just go on all hunky dory for all these guys. One of Ozzie's best qualities is that he's a real "player's manager" and that he creates a loose environment in the clubhouse, which I think could easily have just been shattered. Then again, that's all speculation on my part, but if I was one of the 25 guys on the roster right now, I wouldn't trust him with anything, and I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to him.

I'm not saying he should be fired, I'm just saying if KW and JR wanted to fire him, I'd be all for it. I'm tired of this ****.

IlliniSox4Life
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM

One of Oney's tweets specifically mentioned a time where Bobby was in the manager's office crying.

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
One of Oney's tweets specifically mentioned a time where Bobby was in the manager's office crying.
A Player could have seen Jenks coming out bawling or going in bawling. I wouldn't be shocked if his business wasn't around the workplace before that. Anyone who's worked with a lot of people closely knows hos fast gossip and personal business spread.

Bob Roarman
12-30-2010, 02:46 PM
If Jenks is going to badmouth the Sox he better be able to take the heat he gets back. Jenks is the happiest person in the world right now since Oney took the focus off him. If Oney would have stuck to Jenks sucking up the place and not being mentally tough, it would have been a respectable opinion.

That's bull**** reasoning, what Oney is doing isn't just "getting back" at Jenks, what he thinks is defending his dad is only digging him a deeper hole. It's the complete opposite of what you're saying. The focus shouldn't be on Jenks,what he said, whether it was fair or not, is nothing that any other departing player from a team hasn't said before. If the entire story was Jenks criticizing Ozzie's use of the bullpen, then yeah, it is a non story and a waste of time to get hung up on it. But that's not what happened.

First off, he shouldn't know personal things like crying in the office to begin with, and secondly, willingly putting it out in the open without thinking of that that might mean just further tarnishes the reputation of his father and the organization as a whole. Why do that? Why? Why take those kind of risks just to "get back" at someone like everyone is in ****ing high school again? He's only further damaging the organization he is claiming to defend.

What's the difference if it's Player A or Player B? None of it is supposed to be out the open, those discussions were supposed to be private. Didn't matter if the guy is an ******* or a saint, it's not supposed to be out in the open just because the guy criticizes a former employer. I don't get this "Oh well it was only one time" attitude. It's the same attitude Oney displayed and it just reeks of ignorance.

DumpJerry
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
What's the difference if it's Player A or Player B? None of it is supposed to be out the open, those discussions were supposed to be private. Didn't matter if the guy is an ******* or a saint, it's not supposed to be out in the open just because the guy criticizes a former employer. I don't get this "Oh well it was only one time" attitude. It's the same attitude Oney displayed and it just reeks of ignorance.
Bingo.

IlliniSox4Life
12-30-2010, 03:54 PM
A Player could have seen Jenks coming out bawling or going in bawling. I wouldn't be shocked if his business wasn't around the workplace before that. Anyone who's worked with a lot of people closely knows hos fast gossip and personal business spread.

What's more likely, that another player happened to see Jenks coming out of the managers office crying and then went and told Oney about it, or that Oney heard about it from his father who is notorious talker and happened to be the one Jenks was crying to?

And on the very small chance he got the information from another player, it is still a problem that is a result of Ozzie being the manager. The reason he has access to the information is because of his father. If Ozzie weren't the manager Oney is not in the clubhouse to get the information from your mysterious Player x.

Patrick134
12-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Once actual games start, this will be seen as the unimportant story that it is.

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 04:03 PM
@Bob You're missing the point. What I'm saying is, If Oney leaves out the personal attack or betrayal and sticks to the baseball side of it. Example He sucked and my Dad stuck by him. The example against the Twins, that he basically cost us the season that series. His points would be valid. But he did cross a line and that was the wrong way to go about it.

And IMO, Bobby should be blasted for his ignorant comments about Guillen. From Ozzie on down he was taken care off. Also IMO Bobby came off like a resentful prick.

Edit: The only personal thing that I don't mind that he said was the Club incident. Seems like he may have been there. Interesting that the fact that Bobby punched a guy in the face got buried by the Sox and Media is kind of interesting.

ZombieRob
12-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Agreed

Frater Perdurabo
12-30-2010, 04:16 PM
@Bob You're missing the point. What I'm saying is, If Oney leaves out the personal attack or betrayal and sticks to the baseball side of it. Example He sucked and my Dad stuck by him. The example against the Twins, that he basically cost us the season that series. His points would be valid. But he did cross a line and that was the wrong way to go about it.

And IMO, Bobby should be blasted for his ignorant comments about Guillen. From Ozzie on down he was taken care off. Also IMO Bobby came off like a resentful prick.

Yes, Jenks is a resentful prick.

And Oney is a spoiled little **** who has never accomplished a thing in his life, and owes everything he has to having been fathered by a major league baseball player. He's Marie Antionette. He's Paris Hilton. He was born with a silver spoon crammed up his rear end. If either my son or my daughter turn out like Oney Guillen, I will still love him/her, but will also accept full responsibility for raising an irresponsible and ungrateful brat.

KW has assembled a roster capable of winning the division, provided that it is managed well. If Ozzie cannot manage this roster to a division title because his son has crapped all over the clubhouse chemistry (or for any other reason short of a catastrophic series of injuries to cornerstone players), Ozzie needs to be fired on the day they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Frater Perdurabo
12-30-2010, 04:17 PM

Agreed

I hope you guys are correct, and that there are no further repercussions from this rancid puddle of Twitter-puke.

Lip Man 1
12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Just read Kenny's comments about all this. Needless to say he's not happen with Oney and Jenks. In fact he went as far as to say Jenks owes Ozzie an apology.

Lip

soltrain21
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Just read Kenny's comments about all this. Needless to say he's not happen with Oney and Jenks. In fact he went as far as to say Jenks owes Ozzie an apology.

Lip

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/300g667434.gif