PDA

View Full Version : So proud to be a Sox fan

HootieMcBoob
06-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone...it's been awhile since I last posted here, so hi all...

Well on the ramp after today's game, this girl in a sosa jersey and her boyfriend/husband were ragging on me for bringing a broom to the game.

"Great...now you're only 14 games under .500!!" I said, and she gave me this look like "Oh, I had no idea."

"We just came for the hot dogs and the beer!!" she said, "Don't care about the game, as long as we have fun."

And that was an EXACT quote. I laughed w/ some Sox fans and we all agreed that that she was the perfect definition of a cubs fan.

I'm still optimistic about the rest of this year... we play the Twins a LOT more and can make up some serious ground. 6 games is nothing. NO ONE throws in the towel on this team yet, ok? There's another half a year to play. Have hope. Have faith. Stop whining. This team needs our support to let's GIVE IT TO THEM.

Chisox_cali
06-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Welcome back Hootie! :gulp:

No Way have I thrown in the Towel, time for a little great Second half by the Sox and ANOTHER 2nd half flop from the Twinks. We gained 11 games on them in the second half last year, that's 5 more than we need now.

LongDistanceFan
06-30-2002, 11:02 PM
gotts to give you credit for bringing the broom.......... too bad you didn't have a need to really rub it in...............

ilovemags30
06-30-2002, 11:58 PM
i was there too at the game hootie.. and yea i got beamed in the elbow by fred mgriffs line drive to rt field in the 7th.. my elbow is now all black and blue.. u can see the imprints of the seams of the ball on my elbow.. its about 4 times the normal size too.. i hate mgriff.. damn him.. the paramedics thought my elbow was broken.. i thought it was too.. it hurt really bad.. i was crying and screaming. i was in sec 109 row 5 (which is the 1st row in the section) seat 1. well... o well.. once in a lifetime chance.. i kinda wish it was sammy that hit me.. so then i would use that as my excuse for when i kick his ass. :scrubs

Kilroy
07-01-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ilovemags30
...i was in sec 109 row 5 (which is the 1st row in the section) seat 1...

Hey!!! Those are my seats!! How'd you like em??

ilovemags30
07-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Hey!!! Those are my seats!! How'd you like em??

i hate em...lol jk.. i got beamed in those damn seats.. my arm hurts but the seats were aight.. i usually sit in sec 110-113 front row when i go... im the crazed mags fan..haha they were good.. excpet for i missed the game 7th inning and on. i liked them tho.. thos 2 lil seats by themselves are soo cute.. lol

Dadawg_77
07-01-2002, 12:57 AM
Did you at least get the ball?

Kilroy
07-01-2002, 12:58 AM

i hate em...lol jk.. i got beamed in those damn seats.. my arm hurts but the seats were aight.. i usually sit in sec 110-113 front row when i go... im the crazed mags fan..haha they were good.. excpet for i missed the game 7th inning and on. i liked them tho.. thos 2 lil seats by themselves are soo cute.. lol

I have to admit, they were better before the remodel job. But we still like em. Hope your arm is ok. Sometimes that kinda stuff gets worse before it gets better. You'll probably wake up tomorrow feeling pretty stiff...

ilovemags30
07-01-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Did you at least get the ball?

hell no... they threw it back.. at least thats what i heard them chanting.. i wasnt really interested in the ball ..i wanted to charge the field and get my moneys worth..lol naw.. i wasnt paying attention all i wanted was some help.. they said i should have gotten the ball.. i really dont care now i just glad that my elbow wasnt busted.. okay i do care.. i wish i got the ball man.. that like some nice memories there...grrrrr die cubs die.. i know they had it all planned out.. doing this to torture me.. i know it was sammy.. he told fred that should be beam me cuz i made fun of sosa when he was out on the field..grrr

Craptastic
07-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Hey everyone...it's been awhile since I last posted here, so hi all...

Well on the ramp after today's game, this girl in a sosa jersey and her boyfriend/husband were ragging on me for bringing a broom to the game.

"

I know this wasn't really the point of your post, but to me, bringing a broom to the game is right up there next to "The Wave" on the list of annoying fan behavior. I probably would have ragged on you too.

--
"I'm trying to drink away the part of the day that I can't sleep away." -- Isaac Brock

LongDistanceFan
07-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Craptastic

I know this wasn't really the point of your post, but to me, bringing a broom to the game is right up there next to "The Wave" on the list of annoying fan behavior. I probably would have ragged on you too.

--
"I'm trying to drink away the part of the day that I can't sleep away." -- Isaac Brock that is a nice way to make an intro to the wsi family............ btw............. in your bio selling crack to children.................. that is VERY SICK.

:troll

Maggliosfan09
07-01-2002, 04:29 PM
awww poor u ilovemags lol dude ur never on when i'm on nemore lol i'll be on 2night like 9pm. u gotta tell me bout the view lol.

ilovemags30
07-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Maggliosfan09
awww poor u ilovemags lol dude ur never on when i'm on nemore lol i'll be on 2night like 9pm. u gotta tell me bout the view lol.

haha it was nice i took pics when i get them scanned ill send ya them!!! dude jax i should drive to ur house and show u my arm.. its ewie.. lol

Nellie_Fox
07-02-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Maggliosfan09
haha it was nice i took pics when i get them scanned ill send ya them!!! dude jax i should drive to ur house and show u my arm.. its ewie.. lol Do your computers not have a shift key?