PDA

View Full Version : SHAM-me's latest quote

Bisco Stu
06-30-2002, 07:23 PM
From the ESPN.com story just out on the All-Star rosters comes this gem:

"The All-Star Game is the best,'' Sosa said. "Going there, showing how hard I've worked, for me, it's something I'm going to go up and enjoy.''

Funny, most players think going to the World Series is "the best."

Not our SHAM-me...

HawkDJ
06-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Maybe this year his hard work will pay off so much that he will get his first all star game hit.

ISUSoxfan
06-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

Not our SHAM-me...
He was just being realistic.

LongDistanceFan
06-30-2002, 10:05 PM

"The All-Star Game is the best,'' Sosa said. "Going there, showing how hard I've worked, for me, it's something I'm going to go up and enjoy.''

Not our SHAM-me... :shammy

esp with all the roids i take.

Viva Magglio
07-01-2002, 08:00 AM

Not our SHAM-me...

Remember in 1998 when he went to the game but did not play because he was "injured"?

alohafri
07-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Top of the 9th, 2 outs, men on 1st and 3rd, his team is down by 1 run.....and he tries to swing for the fences instead of trying for a base hit.

Yes my friends, he worked hard to earn his spot at the AS game. I'm sure his teammates will be giving him a great big send-off party, replete with bowls of fruit-flavored Flintstone vitamins.

Cheryl
07-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
Top of the 9th, 2 outs, men on 1st and 3rd, his team is down by 1 run.....and he tries to swing for the fences instead of trying for a base hit.

And there was a quote from him in the paper the next day, something about our pitcher celebrating and how His Benevolence didnt mind it, as "I'm hard to get out."

I wondered briefly why that quote wasn't printed in teal.