PDA

View Full Version : Sox Starters on Yankee Radar?

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Per SI....Cashman might be interested in WS arms.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/256213-sox-starters-on-yankees-radar?xid=FanHouse&icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec2_lnk3%7C32745

Domeshot17
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I would trade Buehrle for Montero in a heartbeat

trilobite_hives
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Brett Gardner and/or Jesus Montero would be excellent additions to the White Sox.

Moses_Scurry
12-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Kenny's not in rebuild mode. It's OK to talk with the Yanks, but you had better bring back pieces that will help the team this year. I would want a pitching prospect on top of those pieces.

cws05champ
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
If the Yankees are desperate, you have to listen. But this is a real stretch to happen since the Sox seem to be loading up for a 1-2 year run at it. If they want to trade Montero and Banuelos for Jackson then so be it!

spawn
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I would trade Buehrle for Montero in a heartbeat

Buehrle would turn down a trade to the Yankees. At any rate, I don't see why KW would leave the Soxwith 3 consistent SP's. That's crazy. And no, Sale doesn't count.

Domeshot17
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Buehrle would turn down a trade to the Yankees. At any rate, I don't see why KW would leave the Soxwith 3 consistent SP's. That's crazy. And no, Sale doesn't count.

Well one would have to assume with the 14 mil saved on Burls, the Sox would go out and get a solid sp and finish up the pen.

spawn
12-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Well one would have to assume with the 14 mil saved on Burls, the Sox would go out and get a solid sp and finish up the pen.

Again, Buehrle would nix the trade, so it wouldn't happen anyway.

The Immigrant
12-22-2010, 05:10 PM

If there were any "solid SPs" left, wouldn't Cashman simply pay for one?

kittle42
12-22-2010, 05:20 PM
If there were any "solid SPs" left, wouldn't Cashman simply pay for one?

Carl Pavano's mustache has proven to be too much for NY to handle.

Frater Perdurabo
12-22-2010, 05:50 PM
**** the Yankees. Of course I'd listen to any offer they make, but they damn well better make an "overpay" first offer to keep me from laughing and hanging up the phone. I hope they miss the playoffs for the next century.

Lip Man 1
12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
You listen to their offers but unless you are sure that there is another starting pitcher out there you can get, you don't weaken the "here and now" for the future.

As others have noted it makes no sense to say you are "all in" then open up a hole in the rotation big enough to drive a truck through.

Lip

soltrain21
12-22-2010, 05:55 PM
**** the Yankees. Of course I'd listen to any offer they make, but they damn well better make an "overpay" first offer to keep me from laughing and hanging up the phone. I hope they miss the playoffs for the next century.

I hope Kenny doesn't operate this way.

sullythered
12-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I hope Kenny doesn't operate this way.

I agree, but only kinda. I would absolutely require and "overpay" type offer to even listen on one of our starting pitchers. We simply don't have the depth to deal from that spot.

sullythered
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
And also, I'm gonna mention this in every one of these threads: Why in the hell do we keep bringing up the idea of trading a starting pitcher?? We only have 4 of them!!!

Daver
12-22-2010, 06:23 PM
And also, I'm gonna mention this in every one of these threads: Why in the hell do we keep bringing up the idea of trading a starting pitcher?? We only have 4 of them!!!

Unless you include Lucas Harrell.

Rockabilly
12-22-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd try to sign Jackson to a extension if he turns it down, then I would trade him to the Yankees for Granderson.

Then I would trade to Quentin to the Dodgers for Broxton

Sign Freddy Garcia for the 5th spot

JermaineDye05
12-22-2010, 07:31 PM

We have six.

Buehrle
Danks
Floyd
Jackson
Peavy
Sale

I realize you're saying we have four because Peavy is a question mark and Sale is unproven, but I think we should give both a chance before we write them off for all of 2011.

Even if we only had four, we'd still be in a lot better shape than other teams. Many teams are lucky if they have three reliable starters. The White Sox pitching is a luxury that many teams do not have. If the team can plug multiple holes by dealing one of the starters, they should certainly go for it.