PDA

View Full Version : The Fix Was In

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2002, 05:08 PM
MacFail had to find some way to save Baylor's ass,so he paid off the home plate umpire!!Yeah,it sounds lame,but why did it take 5 to 6 seconds to call a strike on Sox hitters?? The sCrUBS got all the damn calls and I hope they're happy 'cause now Baylor STILL has a job and THE CUBS STILL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

LongDistanceFan
06-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
MacFail had to find some way to save Baylor's ass,so he paid off the home plate umpire!!Yeah,it sounds lame,but why did it take 5 to 6 seconds to call a strike on Sox hitters?? The sCrUBS got all the damn calls and I hope they're happy 'cause now Baylor STILL has a job and THE CUBS STILL SUCK!!!!!!!!!! the grassy knoll syndrome uh........... conspiracy is everywhere.

FanOf14
06-30-2002, 08:09 PM
That ump was atrocious. Even my cub-fan-in-the-closet bf thought the ump was making really bad calls.

34 Inch Stick
07-01-2002, 09:11 AM
The length of time to make a called strike was very annoying. Unfortunately, Clement gave him many opportunites to annoy.

alohafri
07-01-2002, 01:12 PM
(from Mrs. Alohafri)

I give Clement his props, but I don't believe for one minute (also the length of time it took the ump to call strikes)that he truly struck out that many. It seemed that he was given a "Pedro" strike zone. More than once, I noticed that if we had a man on base with one out, it was a given that the ump would start calling strikes like crazy. It was totally nuts. And poor Burlymon was forced to throw cookies---I mean, guys that had .230 averages were getting big hits! You could see the frustration on his face. The fun didn't stop until the scrubs were up 9 runs. Then the ump noticeably started to call the game more fairly.