PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club Member Gift Package Update

g0g0
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Had this in my email tonight. It doesn't seem like that bad of a trade off on the pictures, and I especially like the Frank Thomas pin!

SOX PRIDE CLUB 2010 GIFT

Thank you again for showing your allegiance to the White Sox by joining the 2010 Sox Pride Club. We greatly appreciate your support - and by the same token, we deeply regret the delay in getting your 2010 SPC membership gift to you in a timely fashion.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we experienced a delay in receiving the autographed Ozzie Guillen photos - which then segued from a delay into not being able to secure them, though this was not in any way caused by Ozzie. We attempted to hold the membership gift packages until the photos arrived so that all packages could contain each item: the photo and the membership gift. Once we realized the Ozzie photo was no longer an option, we quickly made the adjustment to print and include two unique 2010 color, 8x10 photos: the 2010 White Sox team photo as well as a photo on the field from "Championship Night," when all four major sports trophies were on display at U.S. Cellular Field.

While we know you'll enjoy the gift package when it arrives next week - especially the Frank Thomas "35" pin commemorating his illustrious White Sox career, culminating in his number retirement ceremony on "Frank Thomas Day" - we sincerely regret the inconvenience these delays have caused. We want to assure you that the issues experiences during this gift process have been resolved, and they will not be a part of the 2011 SPC. While we realize this has caused frustration, we certainly hope it will not dissuade you from giving the 2011 Club a chance.

In 2011, you can expect to receive all membership perks throughout the season - and the membership gift in a timely fashion near or shortly after the end of the season (so that we can select the perfect gift that represents the 2011 White Sox Baseball season). We have worked to refine our e-mail lists, customer service and communication processes in order to make your SPC membership experience the very best in sports, and the best bang for your buck outside of a Season Ticket package. We encourage you to take a look at the 2011 details - which also include the option for auto-renewal (for 2010 Grand Slam members) and the ability to give a membership as a holiday gift.

ewokpelts
12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
BS. i bought the ultimate club in 2010, and this was a key part of that purchase inmy eyes. why the SPC couldnt get replacement autos is beyond me. Hell, the team has signed photos lying around. a 2010 team photo does nothing for me. yes, the trophy photo is nice, but still not enough to get over losing an autographed photo of the team manager.

g0g0
12-14-2010, 12:14 PM
BS. i bought the ultimate club in 2010, and this was a key part of that purchase inmy eyes. why the SPC couldnt get replacement autos is beyond me. Hell, the team has signed photos lying around. a 2010 team photo does nothing for me. yes, the trophy photo is nice, but still not enough to get over losing an autographed photo of the team manager.

Sucks for you then if it was one of the key reasons you purchased it. But I have to ask: how hard is it for a team to get their manager to sign stuff??

russ99
12-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Sucks for you then if it was one of the key reasons you purchased it. But I have to ask: how hard is it for a team to get their manager to sign stuff??

They said that had nothing to do with Ozzie. Besides, it's not to difficult to get his autograph if you really want one.

Understand that people are unhappy with not getting something as promised, but we're still getting two photos and a Frank Thomas retired number pin, which is pretty sweet.

For something I primarily purchase to get extra lower deck tickets, I'm happy with that. It's nice that the team does things like this.

ewokpelts
12-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Sucks for you then if it was one of the key reasons you purchased it. But I have to ask: how hard is it for a team to get their manager to sign stuff??it wasnt the lynchpin, but it was a biggie. the signed photo was worth more than the grand slam package cost, so it was a good perk.

SouthSideLove
12-14-2010, 10:10 PM
My experience with the 2010 SPC was horrendous. I found the SPC customer service to be awful, especially when trying to secure tickets. A total waste of money!

I'll be steering clear during 2011.

g0g0
12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
My experience with the 2010 SPC was horrendous. I found the SPC customer service to be awful, especially when trying to secure tickets. A total waste of money!

I'll be steering clear during 2011.

I will be too (as I've gone back to watching mostly the Cubs anyway), but it's good to maybe get something for my money that I wasted.