PDA

View Full Version : Bill Madden: Big winners Red Sox, White Sox and Scott Boras

Fenway
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Bill Madden says Selig is furious about how Boras snookered the Nationals

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2010/12/11/2010-12-11_jayson_werth_is_big_winner_with_huge_contract_b ut_many_are_losers_at_winter_meet.html

JermaineDye05
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I thought it was cool how apparently someone said that Pauly and Rivera are the only players that it isn't about the money.

The writer mentions how Selig was mad that the Nationals gave such a lucrative contract to Werth, a guy a never drove in a hundred runs.

Ahem...

Carl Crawford hasn't achieved that either and he got an even more lucrative deal. I think we can be pissed off at the Red Sox just as much. Though I guess the argument is that Crawford wouldn't have gotten so much if the Nats didn't give Werth the deal. I don't buy that. The Sawx or Yankees were gonna give him that deal regardless.

DumpJerry
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Good read. Unless you're a fan of the Nats or Cubs, then you're thinking your ownership is "one dumb owner."

But we knew that already.

SoxNation05
12-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Who offered Pauly more than us?

JermaineDye05
12-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Who offered Pauly more than us?

I don't think anyone did, but I think it's reasonable to assume that he could have easily gotten more had he waited.

SoxNation05
12-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I don't think anyone did, but I think it's reasonable to assume that he could have easily gotten more had he waited.

Maybe, I still don't see where he turned down these big offers.

guillensdisciple
12-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Definitely see the Sox as a really good baseball team, but I wouldn't coin it the way he coined it by saying we are favorites in the American League. Still things to work on, but definitely in the mix now.

palehozenychicty
12-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Madden is a solid writer for the Daily. Both Soxes should be a division contender if all breaks well. If both win the division, I think we have an LCS on our hands.

StillMissOzzie
12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Seems like more of Bora$' usual tactics of getting that One Dumb Owner to bid against themself.

SMO
:rolleyes:

Lyle Mouton
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I thought it was cool how apparently someone said that Pauly and Rivera are the only players that it isn't about the money.

The writer mentions how Selig was mad that the Nationals gave such a lucrative contract to Werth, a guy a never drove in a hundred runs.

Ahem...

Carl Crawford hasn't achieved that either and he got an even more lucrative deal. I think we can be pissed off at the Red Sox just as much. Though I guess the argument is that Crawford wouldn't have gotten so much if the Nats didn't give Werth the deal. I don't buy that. The Sawx or Yankees were gonna give him that deal regardless.
Which is precisely why judging a player on RsBI is misguided and pointless.

SephClone89
12-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Definitely see the Sox as a really good baseball team, but I wouldn't coin it the way he coined it by saying we are favorites in the American League. Still things to work on, but definitely in the mix now.

And here I thought the Sox were one TCQ performance away from being "the most dangerous offensive club in the history of baseball." :tongue:

guillensdisciple
12-14-2010, 05:13 AM
And here I thought the Sox were one TCQ performance away from being "the most dangerous offensive club in the history of baseball." :tongue:

LOL, hey man, I honestly believe he's the xfactor for this offense. Get him rolling and this team becomes an offensive juggernaut.