PDA

View Full Version : TCQ for Rasmus?

nodiggity59
12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
How 'bout it? It might take a bigger package that includes prospects, but the basic idea of TCQ for Rasmus would immensely help the Sox.

--Cheaper in short term, frees cash for BP
--More speed
--Better defense
--Younger, healthier

And with Dunn in the fold we don't feel the loss of TCQ's power as much.

From the Cards perspective, they may be forced into moving him if the situation continues to get worse between them and Rasmus. This has me thinking they might jump on a TCQ deal just to be done with it.

doublem23
12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I'd do that deal 11 times out of 10.

russ99
12-10-2010, 01:33 PM
How 'bout it? It might take a bigger package that includes prospects, but the basic idea of TCQ for Rasmus would immensely help the Sox.

--Cheaper in short term, frees cash for BP
--More speed
--Better defense
--Younger, healthier

And with Dunn in the fold we don't feel the loss of TCQ's power as much.

From the Cards perspective, they may be forced into moving him if the situation continues to get worse between them and Rasmus. This has me thinking they might jump on a TCQ deal just to be done with it.

I like the idea, but the Cards recently signed Lance Berkman, and since Albert is set at 1B, Berkman will need to take up an OF spot, likely LF - but he's played RF for the Astros before.

So I don't see the Cards having a need for a similar power/low defense player in Quentin. If they're going to deal Rasmus, IMO it will be for pitching and prospects.

DirtySox
12-10-2010, 01:33 PM
TCQ for Rasmus isn't even close to equal value.

Also where on earth is Carlos going to play? The Cards signed Berkman to be an everyday corner OF, and they have Holliday in the other spot. Is Carlos (one of the worst outfielders in baseball last year) going to play CF? Are they going to trade Berkman who they just signed? Are they going to dump Holliday?

This trade scenario made little sense a month back, and it makes absolutely no sense now.

And for the record, I like Rasmus plenty, but Carlos isn't going to be in any potential package the Sox put together for him.

Thome25
12-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd trade Floyd + prospects for Rasmus.

DirtySox
12-10-2010, 01:37 PM

I might as well. And it's a much more probable trade scenario.

doublem23
12-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I might as well. And it's a much more probable trade scenario.

How does that make sense for us?

We have 3 OF, a full-time DH, and a thin pitching staff...

DirtySox
12-10-2010, 01:43 PM

I think it makes sense if the Sox are confident in Peavy's health or are able to pick up a suitable 5th starter if not. Carlos can then be flipped elsewhere for more pressing needs and monetary savings that could be invested in the bullpen.

I don't think Kenny is afraid of having a thin pitching staff. Every year there is almost no SP depth on the farm anyways.

Thome25
12-10-2010, 01:49 PM

We have 3 OF, a full-time DH, and a thin pitching staff...

Trade Floyd + prospects for Rasmus.

Then, It all depends on Peavy. If he can come back healthy, we would have a rotation of Buehrle-Danks-Peavy-Jackson-Sale.

We would still need to shore up the bullpen through trades and/or FA and Quentin could be used in a trade for a bullpen reclaimation project.

The OF would be Pierre, Rasmus, Rios. Which would be pretty good defensively.

asindc
12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
If only... We can dream, I suppose. I like TCQ, but for Rasmus I would bid him a fond farewell thee well.

DirtySox
12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Trade Floyd + prospects for Rasmus.

Then, It all depends on Peavy. If he can come back healthy, we would have a rotation of Buehrle-Danks-Peavy-Jackson-Sale.

We would still need to shore up the bullpen through trades and/or FA and Quentin could be used in a trade for a bullpen reclaimation project.

The OF would be Pierre, Rasmus, Rios. Which would be pretty good defensively.

Right. My thoughts as well.

Not saying I would do such a deal in a heartbeat, but it would certainly be worth exploring.

I don't think Rasmus is going anywhere though.

JermaineDye05
12-10-2010, 02:00 PM
The problem is the Cardinals outfield is already overrun with guys who shouldn't be there (Holliday, Berkman). They have no need for Quentin, unless they want use Berkman as a reserve.

TomBradley72
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM

We don't have the pitching depth (majors or minors) for this to make sense.

CPditka
12-10-2010, 02:43 PM
If this were to happen it now require a 3rd team.

Cards Get
Floyd+

Sox Get
Rasmus
Pitcher(s) from 3rd Team. (Could also be passed thru to Cards if we kepts Gavin).

3rd team Gets
TCQ

Tekijawa
12-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I like the idea, but the Cards recently signed Lance Berkman, and since Albert is set at 1B, Berkman will need to take up an OF spot, likely LF - but he's played RF for the Astros before.

So I don't see the Cards having a need for a similar power/low defense player in Quentin. If they're going to deal Rasmus, IMO it will be for pitching and prospects.

Berkman will be out for half the season and Carlos will be out for the other half... it's a perfect fit/

LITTLE NELL
12-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I think KW said a couple weeks ago the TCQ is not going anywhere.

BadBobbyJenks
12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Can you imagine an outfield that included Berkman, Holliday and Quentin?

That would be the worst defense ever.

Berkman signing pretty much closed the door on Rasmus going anywhere I would think.

doublem23
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I think KW said a couple weeks ago the TCQ is not going anywhere.

Adam Dunn also said he'd refuse to sign anywhere he'd have to be a DH.

kjhanson
12-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Adam Dunn can not be trusted. What's your point?

VMSNS
12-10-2010, 07:46 PM

Roy Halladay also said he wouldn't approve a trade to a NL team.

Lesson of the day: Don't trust most of the things GMs/players say.

DSpivack
12-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Can you imagine an outfield that included Berkman, Holliday and Quentin?

That would be the worst defense ever.

Berkman signing pretty much closed the door on Rasmus going anywhere I would think.

They could still deal Rasmus and have founding father and first Chief Justice Jon Jay in CF, no?