PDA

View Full Version : Gammons

whitesoxwilkes
06-30-2002, 01:51 AM
Peter Gammons wakes up and smells the coffee:

MVP
American League
The Rangers may have been stricken by mad cow disease, but Alex Rodriguez is the best player in the league. Ichiro is right there with him, with Torii Hunter, Nomar Garciaparra, Derek Jeter, Darin Erstad and Paul Konerko on any list.

But then I lose all respect when he rubs salt on the festreing Ritchie wound:

Beneficial trades

5. Pittsburgh trading Todd Ritchie for Josh Fogg and Kip Wells.

Nellie_Fox
06-30-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
But then I lose all respect when he rubs salt on the festreing Ritchie wound:

Beneficial trades

5. Pittsburgh trading Todd Ritchie for Josh Fogg and Kip Wells. Why do you lose all respect? I'm afraid he's correct; the Sox gave up way too much for Ritchie. It's one of those bad trades that every team can point to in its history.

RKMeibalane
06-30-2002, 03:41 AM
Look on the bright side. At least the Sox were never stupid enough to trade Lou Brock.

whitesoxwilkes
06-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Maybe I phrased that last post a bit wrong. guess that'swhat happens when you're up and posting at 2 am. (Mainly because i got home from the game yesterday, ate a full slab of ranalli's ribs and passed out on the couch at 7p m).

Bucktown
06-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Maybe I phrased that last post a bit wrong. guess that'swhat happens when you're up and posting at 2 am. (Mainly because i got home from the game yesterday, ate a full slab of ranalli's ribs and passed out on the couch at 7p m).
That sounds like the perfect weekend to me. I think you are bragging.