PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Losses in the Rule 5 Draft

AzureJazzMan
12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I was surprised to see to thread on this in the minor observations section. Part of the problem may be that our beloved White Sox didn't pick anyone up (again, UGH). However we did lose a few, namely...

Dale Mollenhauer, 2B, Birmingham
and
Jacob Rasner, RHP, Winston-Salem
(Both picked up by the Orioles)

Richard Brooks, RHP, Birmingham (Picked up by the Mets)

EMachine10
12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Brooks was a relatively high draft pick, but didn't amount to much during his time in our system. I wouldn't be too worried about anybody we lost.

DirtySox
12-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Brooks was a relatively high draft pick, but didn't amount to much during his time in our system. I wouldn't be too worried about anybody we lost.

Yep. Nothing to worry about.

doublem23
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Crap, Rasner was the 3rd pitcher acquired in the Danks/McCarthy deal. Now we've given up 2 players to get 1, I guess Phil Rogers is finally right, KW got screwed on that deal.

:whiner:

russ99
12-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Crap, Rasner was the 3rd pitcher acquired in the Danks/McCarthy deal. Now we've given up 2 players to get 1, I guess Phil Rogers is finally right, KW got screwed on that deal.

:whiner:

I was really hoping they would pick up a pitcher or two in the minor league portion. Bummer.

DrCrawdad
12-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I was surprised to see to thread on this in the minor observations section. Part of the problem may be that our beloved White Sox didn't pick anyone up (again, UGH). However we did lose a few, namely...

Dale Mollenhauer, 2B, Birmingham
and
Jacob Rasner, RHP, Winston-Salem
(Both picked up by the Orioles)

Richard Brooks, RHP, Birmingham (Picked up by the Mets)

Wait! Dave Van Dyck over at ChicagoSports.com said the Sox did not lose any players in the Rule 5 Draft. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-1210-white-sox-chicago--20101209,0,7953772.story)