PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you dislike more?

JermaineDye05
12-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Red Sox or Yankees?

Given the Crawford signing, I thought this poll was in order.

I realize there are also a good deal of people who hate this debate itself so I created an option for you too :)

Thome25
12-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Started a similar thread two years ago. Link:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98219&highlight=Yankees

SOXSINCE'70
12-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Red Sox or Yankees?

Given the Crawford signing, I thought this poll was in order.

I realize there are also a good deal of people who hate this debate itself so I created an option for you too :)

How about option 4, BOTH OF THEM!!:angry::angry:

g0g0
12-09-2010, 07:39 AM
It's still easily the Yankees. The Red Sox are trying to be competitive and that's okay with me. The Yankees always outspend everyone and (to me) just buys championships.

cws05champ
12-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Red Sox.....it's why I throughly enjoy watching game 3 of the ALDS from 2005 over and over again. My Red Sox hate, combined with the White Sox execution and win.

Risk
12-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Red Sox, and by a long shot.

For many reasons, but more than anything, their fan base's perverse notion that they are still the little guy battling the oppression of the "Evil Empire" when they are just one in the same.

*****.:angry:

Risk

Fenway
12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/3732547321_2fb23a9f4a.jpg

kobo
12-09-2010, 09:34 AM
It's still easily the Yankees. The Red Sox are trying to be competitive and that's okay with me. The Yankees always outspend everyone and (to me) just buys championships.
Yeah, but the Yankees have always outspent everyone. While I used to hate them for that, they are simply playing by the rules. They have the money and they spend the money, I don't have a problem with that. The Red Sox though, have been unbearable since 2004. They spend to compete with the Yankees, but the way they go about it just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that has more to do with the fanbase, but these days I hate the Red Sox a lot more than the Yankees.

spawn
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM

The Red Cubs...er, Sox, are trying to BE the Yankees now. They haven't been signing players on the cheap.

fox23
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM

For many reasons, but more than anything, their fan base's perverse notion that they are still the little guy battling the oppression of the "Evil Empire" when they are just one in the same.

Risk

This easily. And the fact that somehow Cubs fans think they are kindred spirits or something ridiculous like that, therefore all the tool bag Cubs fans (not the real ones) went out to buy Red Sox hats and shirts and stuff to cheer for them.

I've never had a problem with a Yankees fan at a Sox game, they generally seem to actually watch the game and know what's going on. The Red Sox "fans" on the other hand, **** em. All they want to do is start **** at the games.

spawn
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Risk

No kidding. I never thought there would be a team I loathe more than the Yankees. But the Red Sox with their David vs. Goliath complex have managed to do just that.

JermaineDye05
12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
This easily. And the fact that somehow Cubs fans think they are kindred spirits or something ridiculous like that, therefore all the tool bag Cubs fans (not the real ones) went out to buy Red Sox hats and shirts and stuff to cheer for them.

I've never had a problem with a Yankees fan at a Sox game, they generally seem to actually watch the game and know what's going on. The Red Sox "fans" on the other hand, **** em. All they want to do is start **** at the games.

You mean like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORuv1E-71TA)?

Uncle_Patrick
12-09-2010, 10:19 AM
The Red Sox, due to "The Nation". Simply obnoxious.

I can't hate a team for spending tons of money. I'd love it if the White Sox outspent everyone and it brought us a championship.

LITTLE NELL
12-09-2010, 10:20 AM
No contest, hate the Red Sox along with the Flubs. Sort of respect the Yankees what with all their championships.

DirtySox
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Red Sox and their cavalcade of douchebag fans. By far.

Sargeant79
12-09-2010, 12:05 PM
This poll is like asking me to choose between getting stabbed in the left eye or the right eye.

12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
This poll sucks. Where is the twins option?

vinny
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
This. Who gives a **** about either of these teams?

Just another example of east coast bias. :redneck

DSpivack
12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Even less than 15 years ago, the Red Sox were just another team. I had no opinion of them and had no reason to dislike them at all. The Yankees were always the big, bad evil empire; they've been that, on and off, in baseball since the 1920's. Hating the Yankees for that reason has almost become a tradition. Thus, the Red Sox arriving on the scene and suddenly having the most obnoxious, arrogant fans in all of sports is a new, much more disturbing event. And just because they won 2 World Series titles? It's not like there was a sudden upsurge of awful Blue Jays fans in the early 90s, and their titles were consecutive. Unfortunately, these awful Boston fans have stretched beyond baseball to include Celtics fans and Patriots fans; I will never attend a sporting event where a Boston team is visiting. No reason to put up with that nonsense.

gogosox675
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm just over East Coast baseball (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies) in general.

Moses_Scurry
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I hate the Yankee team, but I have no issues with Yankee fans (I've only met a few, and got along with them fine)

I hate the Red Sox team and I find Red Sox fans (and really fans of any Boston team) to be almost as intolerable as cub fans.

My vote goes for the Red Sox. I didn't mind the Yankees winning the division last year because it kept the Red Sox out.

russ99
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I hate the Yankee team, but I have no issues with Yankee fans (I've only met a few, and got along with them fine)

I hate the Red Sox team and I find Red Sox fans (and really fans of any Boston team) to be almost as intolerable as cub fans.

My vote goes for the Red Sox. I didn't mind the Yankees winning the division last year because it kept the Red Sox out.

I hate the Yankees, just like my dad hated the Yankees (and had more reason to in the early 60s) and my grandfather hated the Yankees. Long, multi-generational deep-seeded hatred.

The current Red Sox traveling douchebag circus is a modern phenomena. I suspect that if they have a few lean years in a row those clowns will jump off the bandwagon and the real Red Sox fans who are akin to White Sox fans more than Cubs or Yankees fans will be left.

No contest here. Not even if you bring the Twins, Tigers, Indians or Cubs into the discussion.

ChiSoxGirl
12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
This poll is like asking me to choose between getting stabbed in the left eye or the right eye.

:lol:

That's what I was thinking!

Moses_Scurry
12-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I hate the Yankees, just like my dad hated the Yankees (and had more reason to in the early 60s) and my grandfather hated the Yankees. Long, multi-generational deep-seeded hatred.

The current Red Sox traveling douchebag circus is a modern phenomena. I suspect that if they have a few lean years in a row those clowns will jump off the bandwagon and the real Red Sox fans who are akin to White Sox fans more than Cubs or Yankees fans will be left.

No contest here. Not even if you bring the Twins, Tigers, Indians or Cubs into the discussion.

My father hates the Yankees probably as much and for the same reason as your father. However, my formative baseball fan years of my youth were in the 1980's. At that time, the Yankees stunk. I had absolutely no reason to hate them. Since then, the Yankees have gotten pretty good, but their success has really not come at the expense of White Sox success. The same can be said for the Red Sox. Honestly, if it weren't for the Sawx fans and New England media bias, I would probably have them on a similar level with the Yankees well below the cubs, Twins, Indians, and Oakland A's, teams who have had success (with the exception of the cubs) that has directly had a negative effect on White Sox success. Even though I hate the Sawx more than they Yanks, both teams still are below the teams listed above (with the possible exception of the A's).

I hold sports grudges for a very long time, and I was a much angrier person in my youth. That is why it took me many years to get over my hatred of the Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Bluejays. The fact that they have both sucked for more than a decade helps. I still hate the San Francisco 49er's and Washington Redskins probably as much if not more so than the Packers. They were the arch-enemy of my favorite team during the same formative years as the Orioles and Athletics. The Packers on the other hand were terrible back then. I'm a much mellower sports fan now. I still hate the Twins, etc, but I've learned that life is way too short. I still have the residual hatred of those teams that were brick walls for the progress of my favorite teams in the '80's and early '90's.

C-Dawg
12-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Thus, the Red Sox arriving on the scene and suddenly having the most obnoxious, arrogant fans in all of sports is a new, much more disturbing event.

I agree 100%. I'd seen the Yankees here in Chicago a number of times, but I hadn't seen the Red Sox since I was a kid. So back in 2003 I went to USCF to see the Sox battle the Red Sox, and found the Red Sox fans to be annoying, bratty, foul-mouthed jerks. The behavior the bothered me the most was every time a Red Sox got a hit, many of them would stand up and do an annoying point-and-clap routine in the direction of the nearest White Sox fan. What's that all about? And the profanity... I must have seen a hundred T shirts with some variation of "(profanity) the Yankees!!!" on it. Hey, Chad, the Yankees aren't even here; please leave the shirts with the swears on it at home. I don't want my kids seeing that crap.

And this was before the won the World Series in 2004. I can't imagine what they're like now.

russ99
12-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I agree 100%. I'd seen the Yankees here in Chicago a number of times, but I hadn't seen the Red Sox since I was a kid. So back in 2003 I went to USCF to see the Sox battle the Red Sox, and found the Red Sox fans to be annoying, bratty, foul-mouthed jerks. The behavior the bothered me the most was every time a Red Sox got a hit, many of them would stand up and do an annoying point-and-clap routine in the direction of the nearest White Sox fan. What's that all about? And the profanity... I must have seen a hundred T shirts with some variation of "(profanity) the Yankees!!!" on it. Hey, Chad, the Yankees aren't even here; please leave the shirts with the swears on it at home. I don't want my kids seeing that crap.

And this was before the won the World Series in 2004. I can't imagine what they're like now.

LOL! So agree.

The Red Sox - White Sox series in 2006 was the closest I ever got to starting a fistfight at the Cell.

But yet, I had a very pleasant time and lots of knowledgable baseball conversation when at Fenway (The Sunday game in August when the Sox came back and Papelbon blew it) so I don't want to lump those two groups together.

whitesoxfan1986
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
The Yankees By far. The Red Sox wouldn't be spending $175 MM on payroll if the Yankees didn't spend $200+MM. They are forced to if they want to compete with the Yankees. Others have said they're one and the same but they're really not, they're just the only AL east team that stands up to what the Yankees are doing. Don't blame Boston for Spending lots of money. If our Sox were stuck in the East division, would you want your team to spend like the Red Sox do or would you just say, "I like baseball, but the Sox don't stand a chance to compete with the Yankees, so I'll go watch some other sport/team." The Red Sox don't spend lots of money to say **** you to the rest of the league, the Yankees do that. Boston does it because they have to. I know this is an unpopular opinion around here but it's the reality of the situation, no matter how you guys might think otherwise.

Furthermore, it is also the reality of the situation for the rest of the AL. If the Yankees and Red Sox keep spending north of $175 MM on payroll, I think we may be headed for a season without baseball so a salary cap is implemented, because the Yankees are making it ridiculous, and Boston is just trying to keep up with the Joneses. These two teams can do this, but the rest of the AL can't. Why do you think that the our Sox raised payroll this season? Because we had to to not only overtake the Twins, but compete with NY and Boston during the playoffs as well.
Another thing: Once the bad contracts are off the books, Ricketts could decide that the Cubs should be the Yankees of the NL monetarily if he wanted to, because we all know that the Cubs are a cash cow, even though they might not be looking that way right now, and if he was smart, he'd do that.(as long as the current rules are still in place)

JermaineDye05
12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
:lol:

That's what I was thinking!

This. Who gives a **** about either of these teams?

Just another example of east coast bias. :redneck

One reason that I didn't include the Twins is because a lot of the hatred for them is a bit influenced by the fact that we compete with them in the Central division.

Viva Medias B's
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Apologies to Fenway, but I have found the Red Sox intolerably annoying since 2004.

SOXSINCE'70
12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Red Sox.....it's why I throughly enjoy watching game 3 of the ALDS from 2005 over and over again. My Red Sox hate, combined with the White Sox execution and win.

The 14-2 ass kicking the South Siders gave them in game 1 of the 2005 ALDS is much more fun for me.AJ had 2 HR's,a double, 5 rbi's and 3 runs scored.A great day!

tstrike2000
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Don't like either team.

johnr1note
12-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Red Sox, hands down. Red Sox fans are what Cubs fans would be like if the Cubs ever won the world series. But since that's never going to happen . . .

chisoxfanatic
12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
The 14-2 ass kicking the South Siders gave them in game 1 of the 2005 ALDS is much more fun for me.AJ had 2 HR's,a double, 5 rbi's and 3 runs scored.A great day!
As much fun as that game was (and I was at that game), my favorite moment in that series came off the bat of Tadahito Iguchi. The ballpark erupted.

soxpride724
12-14-2010, 05:20 PM
No contest, hate the Red Sox along with the Flubs. Sort of respect the Yankees what with all their championships.

This is my stance as well. The Red Sox win a few titles and now they think they are superior to everyone else.

chisoxfanatic
12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I think Jonathan Papelbon is a great representative for what "Red Sox Nation" has become.

MARTINMVP
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
To me the Yankees do what we all wish our favorite team could do.

When comparing the Yankees to the Red Sox, the tilt of the universe seems more balanced when the Yankees are in the playoffs and the Red Sox are not. The other way around would just be wrong.

Obviously, I mean no disrespect to Fenway, because I enjoy his presence here, but to me, the general Red Sox fan just comes across as phony.

mccoydp
12-17-2010, 04:15 AM

The Rays won the division last year. Other than that, I agree with everything else that you said :D: