PDA

View Full Version : Peavy Interview

JermaineDye05
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Link (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2750633-419/peavy-sox-shoulder-guy-injury.html)

Some interesting tidbits:

-He mentions how he feels embarrassed after last season (for himself, not the team).

-Rehab is coming right along. Looks like February is the time when he'll really be able to go into full gear.

-Mentioned how he talked to Mauer and how uncomfortable he said he felt when facing Sale.

DumpJerry
12-09-2010, 07:20 AM
In one the last games up in Minnesota last season, Sale struck out Mauer and Thome in the same inning with swinging third strikes. Mauer walked back to the dugout talking to himself and after the game, Thome said that Sale will drive left handed batters crazy for years to come.

As far as Peavy's rehab goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

soxfan43
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
In one the last games up in Minnesota last season, Sale struck out Mauer and Thome in the same inning with swinging third strikes. Mauer walked back to the dugout talking to himself and after the game, Thome said that Sale will drive left handed batters crazy for years to come.

As far as Peavy's rehab goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

That was one of my favorite moments of the season. Sale is nasty. I'm not too optimisitc about Peavy this yaer but I'm confident he'll be at least working his butt off to try and get back.

BadBobbyJenks
12-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah I will wait and see what happens when he goes "full bore mode"

Best part of the story was definitely this:

I just got off a Nike trip with [Twins catcher] Joe Mauer and he spent a lot of time telling me how uncomfortable he felt facing that kid [Sale], and this is coming from one of the best hitters in baseball.

JermaineDye05
12-09-2010, 10:54 AM
That was one of my favorite moments of the season. Sale is nasty. I'm not too optimisitc about Peavy this yaer but I'm confident he'll be at least working his butt off to try and get back.

Yeah I will wait and see what happens when he goes "full bore mode"

Best part of the story was definitely this:

Seriously, that at-bat with Sale was crazy. I can't recall seeing Mauer ever swinging at a pitch so far out of the strikezone. At least, not when facing the Sox.

asindc
12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Seriously, that at-bat with Sale was crazy. I can't recall seeing Mauer ever swinging at a pitch so far out of the strikezone. At least, not when facing the Sox.

Against Danks in the Blackout Game. But your point is well taken.

MARTINMVP
12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Would love to see a miracle return from Peavy, but not to the detriment of his individual health or to that of the team. Anything we get from him this year will be a pleasant surprise. That said, I wish him the best.