PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye

Madvora
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Does anyone think he'll try again to get into the MLB in 2011? I haven't heard a word about him. With all of those open invitee spots in the spring available, you'd think something would be there for him. It's just a matter of him accepting it.

Taliesinrk
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I do think he'll be playing, and if given the opportunity, will have a solid year. I started a thread in WTS about him and how he's apparently telling teams that he's willing to play 1B as well.

doublem23
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Does anyone think he'll try again to get into the MLB in 2011? I haven't heard a word about him. With all of those open invitee spots in the spring available, you'd think something would be there for him. It's just a matter of him accepting it.

No. He's done.

Foulke You
12-08-2010, 05:54 PM
From the Sun Times:

"Former Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye is hoping to be in that second-tier of free agent outfielders that get a call, and told the Sun-Times on Tuesday that he received calls from three teams already, including the Phillies and Rays."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2732655-419/sox-williams-konerko-tuesday-agent.html

KMcMahon817
12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
From the Sun Times:

"Former Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye is hoping to be in that second-tier of free agent outfielders that get a call, and told the Sun-Times on Tuesday that he received calls from three teams already, including the Phillies and Rays."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/2732655-419/sox-williams-konerko-tuesday-agent.html

Sign for dirt and prove you can still hack it JD.

SOX ADDICT '73
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
He will be signed by the Twins, replace someone lost to injury, and have an awesome season, including several game-winning hits against the team that cast him off, the White Sox.

Oh wait, that might have been somebody else...:redneck

downstairs
12-09-2010, 03:14 PM
No. He's done.

Done being a starter, fine. But I doubt he couldn't be a cheap bench player.