PDA

View Full Version : Since when....

Soxheads
06-29-2002, 10:26 PM
.... has Cleveland v Arizona been a natural rivalry? Or Royals v Padres?

MarkEdward
06-29-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Well, that's a problem with interleague play. I wish MLB would go back to one interleague weekend a year, maybe two. However, it still is a pretty big draw (attendance wise), so I don't think they'll be dropping it any time soon.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Well, that's a problem with interleague play. I wish MLB would go back to one interleague weekend a year, maybe two. However, it still is a pretty big draw (attendance wise), so I don't think they'll be dropping it any time soon.

Here's the way I see it. To us that game might be garbage, but to the people there that's something their interested in seeing.

I'd love to see the D-Backs come into Comiskey. They'd hammer the Sox, but I'd like to go to it.

As for ditching interleague play. I think after everyone goes around a few times it will lose it's luster. I still want to see the Dodgers and Sox lock up again.

voodoochile
06-29-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Are they playing those teams twice? If not, it is just a part of the rotating division V division format for games, much the way the NFL does. Only the teams with two series home and home each year (Sox V Flubbies, NY V NY, OAK V SF, LA V ANA, etc) are natural rivalries that get played twice each year. The rest are just interleague matchups and those have started rotating this year for the first time. They are probably using a format for teams without natural rivalries to fill in the blanks in the schedule caused by the H&H format. Still don't understand why CLE can't have a natural rivalry with the Reds or the Pirates though...