PDA

View Full Version : Cubune's Sour Grapes

Viva Magglio
06-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Since this issue was not posted here earlier, I am doing so here.

Did you see the sports section of Saturday's Chicago Tribune? It was filled with negative Sox stories in the wake of our Friday victory over the Cubs. Chief among them was Phil Rogers' story about Jerry Reinsdorf possibly having to trade Paul Konerko because he will want too much money.

Typical Cubune.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 09:47 PM
One they dump the 12 million or so in Ray, Sandy, Royce, and Lofton, they should be fine.

doublem23
06-29-2002, 11:16 PM
There's now way JR can be that stupid. If he lets Konerko go, I'll be the first in line to burn down Comiskey.

DVG
06-29-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
There's now way JR can be that stupid. If he lets Konerko go, I'll be the first in line to burn down Comiskey.

That's what the Trib folks are hoping and praying for.

jklm
06-30-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Did you see the sports section of Saturday's Chicago Tribune? It was filled with negative Sox stories in the wake of our Friday victory over the Cubs. Chief among them was Phil Rogers' story about Jerry Reinsdorf possibly having to trade Paul Konerko because he will want too much money.

Typical Cubune.

Hey "cub-haters", these are tomorrow's headlines:

"Osuna twists, Sox dance"
"Sosa defends Osuna gesture"
"Sosa doesn't mind fan barbs"
"Homer contest awaits Konerko" (okay, maybe I am too sensitive)

LongDistanceFan
06-30-2002, 10:32 AM
someone should write him and ask for a ref of his story........... sometimes these writers should be accountable for what they write............... :angry:

Kilroy
06-30-2002, 10:51 AM
Chief among them was Phil Rogers' story about Jerry Reinsdorf possibly having to trade Paul Konerko because he will want too much money.

That was such a piece of crap. I was livid reading that yesterday morning.

Rogers: The Sox are whippin the Cubs, so how can I piss on them? I know, I'll start controversy and make them look bad by talking about trading Konerko because of Reinsdorf being cheap. I know that his contract runs for another season and a half and that the Sox have 3-4 big money players that more than likely will be gone when they become free agents at the end of this season freeing up cash for Paulie. But Sox fans are too stupid to know that, and they'd burn down Comiskey if they traded Konerko. So I'll say that.

That was a classic example of "I don't have anything else to write, I'll make something up." If anyone runs in to Phil Rogers, make sure you stick a boot up his ass.

jklm
06-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
someone should write him and ask for a ref of his story........... sometimes these writers should be accountable for what they write............... :angry:

KW's words...

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/301sd3.htm

Williams scoffed at the notion the Sox would follow the lead of the Cleveland Indians, who, in a move that seemingly showed they were throwing in the towel on the season, traded staff ace Bartolo Colon to Montreal on Thursday.

"We're in a completely different situation than them," Williams said. "We're trying to win this thing."

Now, the Tribune writers wil say KW "changed his mind on trading Konerko but the move is still possible"...

doublem23
06-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

That was a classic example of "I don't have anything else to write, I'll make something up." If anyone runs in to Phil Rogers, make sure you stick a boot up his ass.

Remember, Phil Rogers works for ESPN every now and then with the likes of...

:boston
In related news, the Cleveland Indians feel so sorry for the Red Sox for their World Series drought they have offered the Sox Jim Thome, Matt Lawton, C.C. Sabathia, and anyone else in the organization worth a damn in exchange for Trot Nixon.

doublem23
06-30-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jklm

KW's words...

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/301sd3.htm

Now, the Tribune writers wil say KW "changed his mind on trading Konerko but the move is still possible"...

The South Town is the only paper in this worth reading for decent White Sox coverage.

CubKilla
06-30-2002, 01:19 PM

Typical Cubune.

Ballsy to say the least, considering the Trib's track record when it comes to signing premier players for "America's Team." The article reeks of hypocrisy.

BearSox
06-30-2002, 01:35 PM
I read in the Southtown article that the Royals are shopping Paul Byrd. If thats the case we need to jump up and take him because his salary completely fits what the sox are willing to spend and even those his ERA is in the 4's he's giot 10 wins while playing on the Royals of all teams. Hopefully the Royals aren't as greedy as the Tigers.

CLR01
06-30-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
I read in the Southtown article that the Royals are shopping Paul Byrd. If thats the case we need to jump up and take him because his salary completely fits what the sox are willing to spend and even those his ERA is in the 4's he's giot 10 wins while playing on the Royals of all teams. Hopefully the Royals aren't as greedy as the Tigers.

That sounds alot like the talk going around when we got ritchie.