PDA

View Full Version : What's our line-up look like?

JohnTucker0814
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
If we resign Konerko, what will our line-up look like everyday? I think it will be a solid line-up that should be better than average. It won't compete with the Yankee or Red Sox line-up, but it should be competitive.

Plus remember we get a possible ACE at the dealine when Peavy returns:

1. Pierre LF
2. Ramirez SS
3. Rios CF
4. Konerko 1B
5. Dunn DH
6. Quentin RF
7. Pierzynski C
8. Beckham 2B
9. Teahen/Morel 3B

Ideally I'd rather see Ramirez move down where Quentin is and put Beckham in the 2 hole, moving Q and AJ down 1 spot...

What does everyone else think?

DonnieDarko
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I actually like that lineup. I like Ramirez in the 2-hole.

CHISOXFAN13
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I'd go:
1. Pierre
2. Ramirez
3. Rios
4. Dunn
5. PK
6. AJ
7. TCQ
8. Beckham
9. Morel

SoxNation05
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't care aslong as Teahen is not in there and Konerko follows Dunn.

veeter
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
If Beckham progresses to the All-Star or near All-Star, that I think he is, offense won't be the Sox problem.

UofCSoxFan
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
If Beckham progresses to the All-Star or near All-Star, that I think he is, offense won't be the Sox problem.

I think Beckham doesn't even have to be that good. This lineup it stacked. Yes it may not be "Yankees or Red Sox" good, but we also have better pitching. This is easily our best lineup since 2006 and I think it would be a huge disappointment if this team did not win at least one playoff series.

HomeFish
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I've completely missed the emergence of this Morel guy at third base. What's his story?

SephClone89
12-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I've completely missed the emergence of this Morel guy at third base. What's his story?

Joke post?

HomeFish
12-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Joke post?

No, not a joke. I moved out of Chicago in early August and stopped paying attention to the Sox when they coughed up the ALC lead.

I see now that he was a September call-up who played competently.

SephClone89
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
No, not a joke. I moved out of Chicago in early August and stopped paying attention to the Sox when they coughed up the ALC lead.

I see now that he was a September call-up who played competently.

True fan.

Yeah, he was pretty much the everyday third baseman for the last month of the season.

stevemcstud
12-04-2010, 06:07 PM

I am not worried about Beckham AT ALL. The kid struggled in the first half of the season, first time playing 2B, first time playing in that weather.

After he got some out of the slump the kid did great. The kid hit .310 in the second half with an OPS of .877.

stevemcstud
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
If we keep TCQ I would have the lineup as the following:

1. Pierre - LH
2. Rios - RH
3. Dunn - LH
4. Konerko - RH
5. TCQ - RH
7. AJ - LH
8. Beckham -RH
9. Morel - RH

-----

Completely off topic but if the Yankees get Crawford or Werth I would love to trade for Gardner and slot him in at leadoff and move everyone else down.

JermaineDye05
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM

1. Pierre - LH
2. Rios - RH
3. Dunn - LH
4. Konerko - RH
5. TCQ - RH
7. AJ - LH
8. Beckham -RH
9. Morel - RH

-----

Completely off topic but if the Yankees get Crawford or Werth I would love to trade for Gardner and slot him in at leadoff and move everyone else down.

I think the Yankees would try to move Granderson or Swisher before Gardner if they got Crawford.

Bucky F. Dent
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Perhaps not the Yankees, but even with Adrian, I think this lineup is stronger than the Carmines.

russ99
12-04-2010, 06:28 PM

1. Pierre - LH
2. Rios - RH
3. Dunn - LH
4. Konerko - RH
5. TCQ - RH
7. AJ - LH
8. Beckham -RH
9. Morel - RH

-----

Rios is much better in the 3 spot than as a #2 hitter.

I'd go with Beckham batting 2nd to start the year, and when Alexei has his usual May wake-up, move him into the 2 spot; then Rios 3, Dunn 4, Paul 5 and Quentin 6.

TDog
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Rios is much better in the 3 spot than as a #2 hitter.

I'd go with Beckham batting 2nd to start the year, and when Alexei has his usual May wake-up, move him into the 2 spot; then Rios 3, Dunn 4, Paul 5 and Quentin 6.

If Konerko is back with the Sox in 2011, I would expect him to hit before Dunn. Typically, your slugger with a higher batting average bats third and your slugger with more home runs bats fourth. (On-base percentage is irrelevant.) Your cleanup hitter typically strikes out more than your No. 3 hitter. Both Konerko and Dunn are prototypical cleanup hitters. Last year, Konerko actually turned out to be a prototypical third-place hitter. Even if he falls off he is closer to being a No. 3 hitter than Dunn.

With last year's lineup, Beckham, or at least the what the Sox expected from Beckham, seemed to be your prototypical No. 2 hitter -- a strong bunter with bat control who can move runners along while rarely striking out. If Konerko is back with the Sox, I would expect less need to manufacture runs at the top of the order, with Rios batting second in front of Konerko, Dunn, Quentin and Pierzynski. The infielders, Beckham, Ramirez and Morel, I would expect, would be at the bottom of the order.

Brian26
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
If Konerko is back with the Sox in 2011, I would expect him to hit before Dunn.

I think part of the allure for PK to come back would be to have Dunn batting behind him.

TDog
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I think part of the allure for PK to come back would be to have Dunn batting behind him.

I concur.

Dunn was mostly the cleanup hitter for the Nationals last year (batting fourth about three times more than he hit third). I don't know why people assume he would be a third-place hitter for a better offensive team.

getonbckthr
12-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I know this is completely insane but I would go with:
1) Rios
2) Pierre
3) Konerko
4) Dunn
5) Beckham
6) AJ
7) Quentin
8) Alexei
9) Morel

JermaineDye05
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Knowing Ozzie's love for splitting up the righties and lefties, I would imagine that Dunn would be hitting in front of Konerko.

Frater Perdurabo
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Assuming PK returns, this is what I would do:

Pierre
Alexei
Rios
Dunn
PK
Quentin
AJ
Beckham
Morel

I want Dunn before Paulie for these reasons:

The speed of Rios, Alexei and Pierre will give Dunn more fastballs;

Dunn's willingness to take pitches will allow Rios, Alexei and Pierre to steal many bases;

Dunn's higher OBP will give Paulie (good AVG) and Quentin (good AVG with RISP) more RBI opportunities;

Paulie's great 2010 shows that he really doesn't need a monster slugger protecting him;

Dunn breaks up the string of RH hitters.

asindc
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Assuming PK returns, this is what I would do:

Pierre
Alexei
Rios
Dunn
PK
Quentin
AJ
Beckham
Morel

I want Dunn before Paulie for these reasons:

The speed of Rios, Alexei and Pierre will give Dunn more fastballs;

Dunn's willingness to take pitches will allow Rios, Alexei and Pierre to steal many bases;

Dunn's higher OBP will give Paulie (good AVG) and Quentin (good AVG with RISP) more RBI opportunities;

Paulie's great 2010 shows that he really doesn't need a monster slugger protecting him;

Dunn breaks up the string of RH hitters.

I agree 100%. All excellent reasons, especially the seeing fastballs with speedsters on and Pauly not needing his protection as much as the other way around.

Zisk77
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I agree 100%. All excellent reasons, especially the seeing fastballs with speedsters on and Pauly not needing his protection as much as the other way around.

I disagree. I'd bat Dunn after Pauilie. Dunn's major weaknessis that he can't lay off high fastballs and he can't hit them if the guy has a plus fb. Dunn actually mashes a lot of breaking balls (at least from righties, lefties are a different animal). Meanwhile Konerko is one of the best hitting fastball hitters in the game. When healthy, you have a better chance of sneaking the sun past a rooster thans a heater by Paulie. And with Dunn behind Paulie and speed in front he is going to see fastballs.

DumpJerry
12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm not 100% certain TCQ will be with the organization when they come north. Maybe Kenny packages him with Teahen to a team.

If Kenny was able to convince someone to take Linebrink, it would be a walk in the park to convince someone to take a versatile AL player like Mark Teahen.......

Nelfox02
12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Plus remember we get a possible ACE at the dealine when Peavy returns:

I know this is off topic for this particular thread---but is late July the going expectation for the return of Peavy now? Last I heard they were saying likey not ready for opening day....but not expected back until the deadline would really suck

VMSNS
12-05-2010, 12:27 AM
LF Pierre
CF Rios
1B Konerko
DH Dunn
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
SS Ramierez
2B Beckham
3B Morel

I like Rios batting 2 because of his speed and the chance to alleviate some of the pressure of having to drive in lots of runs like last season. PK before Dunn because he strikes out less and PK seems like a fundamentally better hitter. If Beckham and Rios hit well, slide Beckham into the 2 spot and move everyone else down.