PDA

View Full Version : J. Hood Is The Best...

kevingrt
06-29-2002, 07:49 PM
If any of you listened during the 6:00 hour on Saturday you noticed he was doing Flubs and Sox trades. He'd have a Sox fan and Scrub fan on the phone and give them 3 minutes to pull off a trade if they could he'd give them a prize. I know it's little time but that's radio..

That is one of the best segments ever!! He's the greatest

Jjav829
06-29-2002, 08:00 PM
I love this segment, but these Sox fans are really not representing us well. This was the most recent trade that they agreed on.

Cubs give:
Mueller
Farnsworth
Cruz

Sox give:
Lee
Graffanino
Howry
Marte

:o:

Come on Sox fans!

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Cubs give:
Mueller
Farnsworth
Cruz

Sox give:
Lee
Graffanino
Howry
Marte

That's not so bad. I would take Farnsworth in a second over Howry. I say take out Marte and Mueller and I'd make the deal. That's just me though.

Jjav829
06-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Man these Sox fans are nuts. Lets get some better Sox callers. The latest trade between Sox fans and Cubs fans...

Cubs give:
Matt Clement

Sox Give:
Corwin Malone
Cory Lee
Joe Valentine

Wow...J. Hood is starting to say that Cubs fans are smarter than Sox fans based on this.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Man these Sox fans are nuts. Lets get some better Sox callers. The latest trade between Sox fans and Cubs fans...

Cubs give:
Matt Clement

Sox Give:
Corwin Malone
Cory Lee
Joe Valentine

That's the case of people wanting to win now, rather than 3 years from now. I gotta say, that's an awful trade.

baggio202
06-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That's the case of people wanting to win now, rather than 3 years from now. I gotta say, that's an awful trade.

hey thats my trade..but there is a catch here...you had a make deal within 3 minutes to win a gift certificate to dairy queen...if you didnt make a deal you got nothing....this guys first offering was crede and borchard for clement and juan cruz...so i just made any deal i could to get the gift certificate cause he wouldnt give in on nothing :)

Jjav829
06-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

hey thats my trade..but there is a catch here...you had a make deal within 3 minutes to win a gift certificate to dairy queen...if you didnt make a deal you got nothing....this guys first offering was crede and borchard for clement and juan cruz...so i just made any deal i could to get the gift sertificate cause he wouldnt give in on nothing :)

LOL baggio. Was that really you? That was the thing I figured was going to happen. Im surprised that more fans didn't just accept a deal like Borchard, Crede, and Malone for Mueller just so they got the free ice cream.

baggio202
06-29-2002, 08:38 PM

LOL baggio. Was that really you? That was the thing I figured was going to happen. Im surprised that more fans didn't just accept a deal like Borchard, Crede, and Malone for Mueller just so they got the free ice cream.

yeah it was me..lol...and id have to get alot more than clement for malone..but he like 15 seconds left so i offered lee and he still said no so i aid real quick..ok joe valentine too..thats 3 for 1 and he said yes..lol....gotta get that ice cream..its hot out here :cool:

Jjav829
06-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

yeah it was me..lol...and id have to get alot more than clement for malone..but he like 15 seconds left so i offered lee and he still said so i real quick..ok joe valentine too..thats 3 for 1 and he said yes..lol....gotta get tha ice cream..its hot out here :cool:

Might as well. It's not like these trades are actually happening or Im sure they would have been a lot more even. It did kind of sound like you from what I remember hearing on SnR. Im not surprised because like J. Hood said, you knew your minor leaguers, and for the most part the regular fans calling up didn't know any minor leaguers except for the big ones like Crede, Rauch, Malone, Borchard. BTW...do you call up J. Hood a lot, and under what handle?

baggio202
06-29-2002, 08:44 PM

Might as well. It's not like these trades are actually happening or Im sure they would have been a lot more even. It did kind of sound like you from what I remember hearing on SnR. Im not surprised because like J. Hood said, you knew your minor leaguers, and for the most part the regular fans calling up didn't know any minor leaguers except for the big ones like Crede, Rauch, Malone, Borchard. BTW...do you call up J. Hood a lot, and under what handle?

thats the first time ive ever called him..i called t - dub like twice before earlier this year..talking about adding a starting pitcher..tried to get a plug in for sox-and -roll and WSI but they have about a 5 sec delay and cut me off..lol

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 10:07 PM
What? No, SnR money, Baggio? :D:

doublem23
06-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Since when did trading for Matt Clement involve a desire to win now? LOL...

Oy, those are some bad trades. Luckily, I doubt a quarter of Sox fandom actually takes Chicago sports radio to heart, so who knows?

And the second problem is that the Cubs have an incredibly inflated opinion of their players. I've seriously heard Cub fans comment how the only players they would deal for Farnsworth would be bona fide superstars like A-Rod or Jeter.

Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

Spiff
06-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.

Paradoxical since you do very little! :)