PDA

View Full Version : Paulie please come back!!

Rikirk
12-03-2010, 12:09 AM
PK...
You realise the Adam Dunn signing just increased your teams chances of going back to the world series.

Cmon man ...we cant do it without you.

SoxThunder
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I hope Paulie knows how much Chicago loves him. If he sticks around and has a few more good years, he'll become iconic (if he's not already). Don't waste your time signing with the Orioles or something stupid like that...

guillen4life13
12-03-2010, 12:52 AM
LF Pierre
SS Ramirez
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
CF Rios
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
2B Beckham
3B Morel

If TCQ rebounds... oh my God. If not... then this lineup will still come up short against the Twins, especially if Morneau comes back healthy.

The pen still concerns the hell out of me.

Dub25
12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm hoping this will be like the 05-06 offseason. PK was a free agent looking to be headed to the Angels and then Thome came along and PK signed. Here's hoping to the same with Dunn being brought on board... :gulp:

konerko 14
12-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Please come back Paulie!

CPditka
12-03-2010, 07:52 AM
LF Pierre
SS Ramirez
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
CF Rios
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
2B Beckham
3B Morel

Yes Please....PK come home.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-03-2010, 08:01 AM
LF Pierre
SS Ramirez
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
CF Rios
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
2B Beckham
3B Morel

If TCQ rebounds... oh my God. If not... then this lineup will still come up short against the Twins, especially if Morneau comes back healthy.

I've got goosebumps looking at this. :tongue:

I agree that we will still be nose to nose with the Twins but that makes a great season of baseball.

2011, Rule 1 - Twinkies don't get their asses kissed. Don't show fear and reverence; step on their throats.

gobears1987
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
One thing to say to Kenny in regards to his two recent signings.

:hawk

DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!

In other words, sign PK!

DumpJerry
12-03-2010, 08:23 AM

DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!

In other words, sign PK!
Gee thanks. You just killed that rally.

Hitmen77
12-03-2010, 08:41 AM
LF Pierre
SS Ramirez
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
CF Rios
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
2B Beckham
3B Morel

I like our chances with that lineup.:gulp:

We'll see what they do about the pen because, yes, there are definitely holes to fill. Also, I wonder if the Sox will look to bring back Freddy Garcia as insurance to Peavy still being out for a significant time.

DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!

Ugh. I wish that stupid phrase was non-tendered.

gobears1987
12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Ugh. I wish that stupid phrase was non-tendered.

The phrase is fine. Hawk just overuses it and uses it inappropriate times like after the first single of an inning and not a true rally.

spawn
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
The phrase is fine. Hawk just overuses it and uses it inappropriate times like after the first single of an inning and not a true rally.

You're overusing it as well. You've posted it in two different threads and for the exact same reason.

dwitt76
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
PAULIE PAULIE PAULIE PAULIE!:nod:

Over By There
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Konerko, party of one, your table is now available.

gobears1987
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
You're overusing it as well. You've posted it in two different threads and for the exact same reason.

Just mimicking the Hawk I guess:redneck

Red Barchetta
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
2011, Rule 1 - Twinkies don't get their asses kissed. Don't show fear and reverence; step on their throats.

I agree! The SOX had a better record last season! Except when we played the Twins?! Get pissed and stop all the politically correct "respect" crap.

...and that starts with Hawk and his never-ending ass kissing of Ron Gardenhire. :angry:

Dan H
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
A long term deal is more for younger player looking for security. With the money Konerko has already made, I can't believe security can be an issue. If he leaves only for the money or one more year on a deal, Konerko may regret that some day. It makes sense to finish your career where you started. Konerko certainly can't have the worries of a person who is among the 9.8% unemployed. He can come back to where he is appreciated and still be financially well-off. Regardless, I hope he re-signs.

Boondock Saint
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
A long term deal is more for younger player looking for security. With the money Konerko has already made, I can't believe security can be an issue. If he leaves only for the money or one more year on a deal, Konerko may regret that some day. It makes sense to finish your career where you started. Konerko certainly can't have the worries of a person who is among the 9.8% unemployed. He can come back to where he is appreciated and still be financially well-off. Regardless, I hope he re-signs.

Paulie has every right to go and earn what he's worth. If that means striking while the iron is hot and taking more money or signing for more years elsewhere, then that's his decision, and I don't/won't fault him for it. He took a discount to stay here after 2005, and if he chooses to tell the Sox that he won't stay for less this time around, that's fine, too.