PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Put Himself In a Really Pickle...

kevingrt
06-29-2002, 06:43 PM
With a couple of his past moves he has put himself in a pickle:

1) Foulke or Osuna for Closer???

2) Alomar Jr, MJ, or Paulie Jr. @ Catcher

3) Are we going to trade Durham or Lee since there hot??

4) Who are we going to start in WS Paulie or Thomas?

Sorry I just had to be like a Flub fan...

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
With a couple of his past moves he has put himself in a pickle:

1) Foulke or Osuna for Closer???

2) Alomar Jr, MJ, or Paulie Jr. @ Catcher

3) Are we going to trade Durham or Lee since there hot??

4) Who are we going to start in WS Paulie or Thomas?

Sorry I just had to be like a Flub fan...
1)-BP by committee
2)-All of the above
3)-doubt it, but Jeff Kent might be available

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
1)-BP by committee
2)-All of the above

I don't like it, pick one or the other, either it's Foulke or it's Osuna.

Better not be, carrying 3 catchers in the AL is stupid.

I'm sure will be opening up the vault for Kent.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Better not be, carrying 3 catchers in the AL is stupid.

Exactly, but remember who's running the show...:KW!

MattSharp
06-29-2002, 08:34 PM
The Josh Paul dibacle has been on my mind a LOT lately. What I am thinking is, is that his value is high right now, and with Alomar coming back and Olivo possibly on the horizon it might be time to say good bye. Alomar is one of the veteran leaders and he has to be here, but 3 catchers would be really dumb.

My question for you, why not pull a Craig Biggio with Paul and make him an IF or something? I realize we have Harris and Hummel, but if Paul is hot we could trade Ray now. I know this is totally off the wall but I had to say it.

If its me, I decide whether Paul is for real or just hot. If hes just hot then I say trade him while his value is high. If hes for real, I say send MJ down. Hes a fair defensive guy but can't hit and I prefer Paul to him anyway.....

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
My question for you, why not pull a Craig Biggio with Paul and make him an IF or something? I realize we have Harris and Hummel, but if Paul is hot we could trade Ray now. I know this is totally off the wall but I had to say it.

If its me, I decide whether Paul is for real or just hot. If hes just hot then I say trade him while his value is high. If hes for real, I say send MJ down. Hes a fair defensive guy but can't hit and I prefer Paul to him anyway.....

Let me get this straight, were going to move Ray, then put Josh Paul at 2nd? What?

doublem23
06-29-2002, 10:11 PM

Why would Kent be available if the Giants look like they're going to be in the run?

Sorry if that came off bad. I'm not trying to be a jackass who's trying to point out something ot make you look bad, but it seems puzzling that Kent would be available... Did you hear a rumor or something?

doublem23
06-29-2002, 10:13 PM

Let me get this straight, were going to move Ray, then put Josh Paul at 2nd? What?

Josh Paul.

Second Base.

Oh God. If we bitch about Ray, you guys will be homicidal towards Josh.

Soxheads
06-29-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'm not trying to be a jackass

Well, I am not going to say anything...... :smile:

I think Paul at second base would be like Carlos trying to play catcher- I would be suicidal.

Tragg
06-29-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Alomar is one of the veteran leaders and he has to be here, but 3 catchers would be really dumb.

We have Veteran leaders named Konerko, Thomas and Ordonez. And these 3, in contrast to alomar, actually contribute on the field. Cut him.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 10:47 PM
Why would Kent be available if the Giants look like they're going to be in the run?

He's a free agent after the year. So once Ray goes, he could be signed. Not that he would sign here, but I think that's what WU was saying.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 10:53 PM

Sorry if that came off bad. I'm not trying to be a jackass who's trying to point out something ot make you look bad, but it seems puzzling that Kent would be available... Did you hear a rumor or something?

He was involved in an arguement with Bonds & bad-mouthed by the Giants owner in the last few days. He's also a FA at the end of the season.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 10:57 PM

He was involved in an arguement with Bonds & bad-mouthed by the Giants owner in the last few days. He's also a FA at the end of the season.

Here's a linky (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0629/1400436.html) .

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 11:04 PM

He's a free agent after the year. So once Ray goes, he could be signed. Not that he would sign here, but I think that's what WU was saying.

No way in hell we'd sign Kent as a FA, but for the right package (involving Durham) a deal could be a very slim possibility. I know it would take a hell of a lot more than Durham, but since both players are very unlikely to resign with their current teams after this season...who knows.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 11:07 PM
No way in hell we'd sign Kent as a FA, but for the right package (involving Durham) a deal could be a very slim possibility. I know it would take a hell of a lot more than Durham, but since both players are very unlikely to resign with their current teams after this season...who knows.

What's the point of dealing for Kent if he's going to walk after the year? Seems silly to me, but I'm an idiot.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2002, 11:12 PM

What's the point of dealing for Kent if he's going to walk after the year? Seems silly to me, but I'm an idiot.

Having Kent in the lineup instead of Ray Durham for the rest of the season. :D:

I'm not saying I think this is going to happen...I was just throwing something out there.

Jerry_Manuel
06-29-2002, 11:14 PM

I like it!
:smile:

RedPinStripes
06-30-2002, 12:15 PM

I'm not saying I think this is going to happen...I was just throwing something out there.

Yes!!!!!!! And as usual. Great sig! I like it!