PDA

View Full Version : What's with Lofton?

KruseControl04
06-29-2002, 07:05 PM
What's up with K-Lo? He went 0-5 today, and his average has dropped from to .253? He's better start hitting, or else he may end up with a worse average than Choice. And that would be bad, real bad.

Foulke You
06-29-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04
What's up with K-Lo? He went 0-5 today, and his average has dropped from to .253? He's better start hitting, or else he may end up with a worse average than Choice. And that would be bad, real bad.

I was at the game yesterday and today and I see K-Lo hobbling all over the field during warmups and doing 10,000 extra stretches just to get out on the field. I admire his will to play while hurt but right now he's not helping the team. A stint on the 15-day DL would do him a world of good and give us a CF (Rowand) who is 100% healthy. In addition to his sore hamstring which is hampering his fielding and running, he has a sore right shoulder which is messing his swing up.

MattSharp
06-29-2002, 09:37 PM
If he's hurt he needs to come out. I mean we hated it last year when Durham was hitting that bad as lead off man, this is no better. Give Kenny some time off until he gets better. He hasn't been help at all lately.....

doublem23
06-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

I'll tell you what's wrong with Lofton; he's just not very good. I wil agree that some of his downfall has to do with his health problems, but he's just not as great as we all thought he was back in April.

delben91
06-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'll tell you what's wrong with Lofton; he's just not very good. I wil agree that some of his downfall has to do with his health problems, but he's just not as great as we all thought he was back in April.

I'll agree with you that he's not really as good as he was in april. However, I really don't think he's as bad as he's been lately. He hasn't been hitting the ball, let alone getting hits. Seems to have an inordinate amount of K's lately, which just isn't his style. Getting healthy would probably help and he could get up into the .275 range, which is more realistic for him at this stage of his career.