PDA

View Full Version : Alexei Opts Out (As Expected)

DirtySox
12-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Alexei opts out of his $1.1 million contract, and the Sox will have to pick up his $2.75 million option instead. Article also notes that a contract extension will be discussed and Alexei is receptive to it. He is currently under team control until after the 2013 season.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/12/alexei-ramirez-sox-to-talk-contract.html

Red Barchetta
12-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Good. Now someone tell Dan "Cubs Fan" Rohn to stop talking about Derek Jeter. Alexi is our shortstop. He is getting better every year and will be entering his prime.

hi im skot
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Good. Now someone tell Dan "Cubs Fan" Rohn to stop talking about Derek Jeter. Alexi is our shortstop. He is getting better every year and will be entering his prime.

Pretty sure Dan Roan is a Sox fan.

Lip Man 1
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I've talked with Dan over the years, exchanged e- mails and stuff and I honestly don't know who he is a fan of. (and that's a great compliment for a sports media guy...) I think and this is just a gut feeling, that he is a Cub fan more than a Sox supporter.

Lip

Hitmen77
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Pretty sure Dan Roan is a Sox fan.

I've talked with Dan over the years, exchanged e- mails and stuff and I honestly don't know who he is a fan of. (and that's a great compliment for a sports media guy...) I think and this is just a gut feeling, that he is a Cub fan more than a Sox supporter.

Lip

I've never conversed with him, but this is what I think as a viewer (I don't know who he is a fan of). I have no problems with how he's covered the Sox over the years.

In general, I tend to assume that most of the people at WGN are total Cubs lovers (except for Rich King), but Dan Roan doesn't come off as either a Cubs booster or a Sox hater.

Foulke You
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Lip
I believe during WGN's coverage of the Sox World Series parade that Roan mentioned he grew up primarily a Cubs fan but he was extremely happy for the Sox. If he is a Cubs fan, he does hide it well unlike a Mark Giangreco who might as well be wearing a blue hat with a red C during his local baseball coverage.