PDA

View Full Version : prior

whitesoxwilkes
06-29-2002, 05:04 PM
So we saw Prior in his gold Lexus SUV with the USC Trojans plate bracket as we were walking to the el today...and boy, did he look bitter! He has some big graying goon who rides with him to the Ryan to make sure no one jumps on his hood.

RKMeibalane
06-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Frankly, I don't understand what he's so upset about. He should have known that playing for the Cubs wasn't going to net many wins for him. He also should have known that you never challenge Frank Thomas with a pitch over the heart of the plate. NEVER! I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He's a fraud, plain and simple.

MattSharp
06-29-2002, 05:11 PM
I was at the game today, and I wasn't very impressed. I know hes still really young, but still hes a Cub....

Chisox_cali
06-29-2002, 05:19 PM
It's not his fault the flubs drafted him, I'm sure he's a good pitcher, but he aint gonna amount to much playing there.

RKMeibalane
06-29-2002, 05:20 PM
I know what you mean. I was expecting him to fool the Sox's hitters and get them out with that exploding fastball of his, but it didn't happen. Instead, that fastball exploded off of Thomas' bat for a homer.

Even when he managed to get hitters out, it had more to do with them making poor decisions at the plate. Kenny Lofton made a huge mistake swinging at a 2-0 pitch that was well out of the strike. As a result, the next pitch was called a strike, and then Prior was able to come back inside to get Lofton. Had he not swung at that pitch, Prior would have walked in a run.

voodoochile
06-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
It's not his fault the flubs drafted him, I'm sure he's a good pitcher, but he aint gonna amount to much playing there.

He's got good stuff. When he loaded the bases in the 5th and struck out the side, it showed how much fire he has. But, like you said, he plays for the flubbies...

Frank's homerun left the park faster than Paul-EEEE's first one yesterday: "There's a line shot over third, it's down the line, it's gone". Read it fast, and you'll get the idea. That ball was smoked...

doublem23
06-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Frank's homerun left the park faster than Paul-EEEE's first one yesterday: "There's a line shot over third, it's down the line, it's gone". Read it fast, and you'll get the idea. That ball was smoked...

:hurt
In your lifetime, you'll never see a better hiter on the South Side than me, Sox fans.

whitesoxwilkes
06-29-2002, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I heard all this talk about his "wicked movement" and his "pinpoint control" but saw neither. Girardi REALLY had to reach on some of his rising fastballs.

On another note, where have you gone, Kenny Lofton?

Foulke You
06-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Yeah, I heard all this talk about his "wicked movement" and his "pinpoint control" but saw neither. Girardi REALLY had to reach on some of his rising fastballs.

On another note, where have you gone, Kenny Lofton?

:moron
"Don't forget about his incredible calves that are so muscular they won't fit through the Wrigley turnstiles. Oh yeah!"