PDA

View Full Version : Ellsbury

stevemcstud
11-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Just posted this on MLBTR, thought I would see what you guys this:

I wouldn't mind seeing the White Sox trading Dayan Viciedo (maybe another prospect) for Ellsbury.

Viciedo would give the Red Sox a cheap Top 1B Prospect that can hit for amazing power and has less than .5 year of service time. They can move Youk over to 3B.

With the combination of Pierre and Ellsbury at the top of the order, you are talking about a lot of speed, a lot of GIDP that don't happen, and a lot more scores.

Not to mention you move Ellsbury to Center. Rios can move back to RF, he has one of the strongest arms in the game and that position suits him well, and with Pierre in Left, you basically cover more ground than any OF in the majors.

So with Ellsbury averaging 60 steals between 08-09 lets just say he hits that number. The top 3 in the ChiSox line up would have these kind of numbers as fars as SBs goes.

1. Pierre - 68 SB (2010 Number)
2. Ellsbury - 60 SB (08-09 Average)
3. Rios - 34 SB (2010 Number)

That is a lot more runners in scoring position for the 4 and 5 hitters.

JermaineDye05
11-26-2010, 04:48 PM
If Ellsbury is going anywhere, it's to Arizona or San Diego.

Bob Roarman
11-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah the Sox don't have a Justin Upton to offer for Ellsbury.

Zisk77
11-27-2010, 12:08 AM

If we did, we wouldn't need Ellsbury.

chunk
11-27-2010, 08:54 AM

Please tell me that you don't mean to say that Ellsbury is worth Justin Upton?

SCCWS
11-27-2010, 12:35 PM
The Red Sox would want equal value. Viciedo would be a long way from it. They may take Beckham for him and move him to 3rd if they feel he could handle 3rd.
The Red Sox would need another outfielder in order to move Ellsbury first. Also, Ellsbury is considered a top prospect but may be a clubhouse problem which is why his name is out there.

asindc
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
The Red Sox would want equal value. Viciedo would be a long way from it. They may take Beckham for him and move him to 3rd if they feel he could handle 3rd.
The Red Sox would need another outfielder in order to move Ellsbury first. Also, Ellsbury is considered a top prospect but may be a clubhouse problem which is why his name is out there.

Have you heard that anywhere? I'm not trying to jump on you about it, I just haven't heard a thing about that. From what I understand, the only issue Boston has with Ellsbury is that he is often injured.

DirtySox
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Have you heard that anywhere? I'm not trying to jump on you about it, I just haven't heard a thing about that. From what I understand, the only issue Boston has with Ellsbury is that he is often injured.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/11/jacoby-ellsbury-trade-boston-red-sox/1?csp=34

Mentions disagreements about his rib injuries. Maybe they think he was capable of playing more?

Lowell80
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
It won't happen---The Red Sox need him for bigger abd better things down the road--