PDA

View Full Version : Annual Clubhouse sale

salty99
11-22-2010, 05:28 PM
This years it's being held Dec. 3-5.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20101122&content_id=16178192&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

beasly213
11-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Good stuff thanks for posting this. I've gone the past three years. It's a fun time and you can get some decent deals on stuff.

SOXYoose
11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
is this the same stuff from the sale the last few games of the season?

soxfanreggie
11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
I am looking forward to being back for this next year. Hopefully those that go will share some of "deals" with the rest of us!

ewokpelts
11-24-2010, 01:18 AM
is this the same stuff from the sale the last few games of the season?not exactly. mostly non-sale items offered for a discount.

dwitt76
12-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Will this be affected by the 2pm press conference? Will there be any special appearance's at the sale? Probably No and No but a man can dream. :wired:

Hegewisch
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Might be interesting. I might go. What kind of stuff do they usually have ?

salty99
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I just got back and here is a little recap. The visitors clubhouse has a few game used bats and jerseys, lineup cards for $50, game used baseballs for $10 and various game used hats. They also had the same array of 2005 stuff they've been trying to get rid of for years now. I picked up an Andruw Jones bobblehead for $5 and a Nancy Faust for $15.

The home clubhouse has the gift shop type overpriced stuff you would expect marked down 20-50%. They had some Mitchell and Ness jackets for $50. The best deal in my mind was all the Frank Thomas t-shirts that were marked down to $5, so basically they were free after your $5 entry fee is applied to the sale.

HomeFish
12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Sounds fun; I went to a sale like this a few years ago and picked up autographed Jerry Manuel baseballs for $5 each, gave them out as gag birthday gifts for other White Sox fans.

I highly recommend them if you can make it.

vinny
12-03-2010, 08:08 PM
They were also having a fire sale on Jenks stuff, as you can imagine. T shirts for $5 and replica jerseys for $35.

parlaycard
12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Do the Sox usually discount items even more late on the last day?

soxfan21
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I just got back a little bit ago. Picked up the Nancy bobblehead as a Christmas present for my sister, and picked up the jacket that the sox will wear next year for myself for $110.

chisoxfanatic
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Yea, I checked Whitesox.com just to make sure it was this weekend, and it's apparently open until 4 pm today! I am going to do as much of my Christmas shopping today as possible, but I think I will shop for 1 person on my list there...It will be cool to go inside the SOX clubhouse this time!

TheCommander
12-04-2010, 06:02 PM
It will be cool to go inside the SOX clubhouse this time!

This was my 3rd year going and they have had the sale in both clubhouses each time. Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.

chisoxfanatic
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
This was my 3rd year going and they have had the sale in both clubhouses each time. Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.
I've never gone to this thing until today, and during all of my season ticket holder parties, we were never given access to the Sox clubhouse. My god is that place huge!

I got a gift card for someone for Christmas and picked up a free Frank Thomas tee-shirt, since it was going for only $5.

TheCommander
12-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I've never gone to this thing until today, and during all of my season ticket holder parties, we were never given access to the Sox clubhouse. My god is that place huge!

I got a gift card for someone for Christmas and picked up a free Frank Thomas tee-shirt, since it was going for only $5.

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Warriorjan
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Bummed out because I didn't see any Nancy Faust bobbleheads - must have been sold out already.
I did get an extra World Series cap for $5, in case I lose or trash the one I bought five years ago.

IlliniSox4Life
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
So I just got home and realized that I somehow bought the wrong size jersey. I bought a M Jenks jersey when I meant to buy a S. Not sure exactly what happened, must have had both in my hands and put the wrong one back. Anyway, I can't make it back in time before the sale is over. I thought I remember hearing that there is a gift shop at the park that is open during the off season? Does anybody know if I could exchange it there, or who I would email/call to ask?

C-Dawg
12-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I did get an extra World Series cap for $5, in case I lose or trash the one I bought five years ago.

I bought one of those too, actually it was on Sunday afternoon and it was the last one on the table (and there weren't any other boxes of them under the table, like there were with the other stuff). I wonder if its the last one they had?

Too bad I can't wear them however; much too small for my giant fat head.

ewokpelts
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Do the Sox usually discount items even more late on the last day?I was there sunday. some of the charity items were reduced. but the "store" items were the same price as friday.

ewokpelts
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I bought one of those too, actually it was on Sunday afternoon and it was the last one on the table (and there weren't any other boxes of them under the table, like there were with the other stuff). I wonder if its the last one they had?

Too bad I can't wear them however; much too small for my giant fat head.i bought a box of 12 on friday.

ewokpelts
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
So I just got home and realized that I somehow bought the wrong size jersey. I bought a M Jenks jersey when I meant to buy a S. Not sure exactly what happened, must have had both in my hands and put the wrong one back. Anyway, I can't make it back in time before the sale is over. I thought I remember hearing that there is a gift shop at the park that is open during the off season? Does anybody know if I could exchange it there, or who I would email/call to ask?Yes. The gift shop is open from 10am-4pm monday-friday. You have 30 days to return/exchange it. For mor einfo, call 1-312-674-1000