PDA

View Full Version : A-Gone Rumor - 2010 Offseason Edition

JermaineDye05
11-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=3593)

Cubs, Nationals, Orioles, Sawx, and Sox interested.

Still doubt he's going anywhere.

Fenway
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Read the source

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2010/11/21/many_ways_to_play_it_on_upton_and_gonzalez/

Upton is the joker in this

Theo is also making a run at Carl Crawford

DirtySox
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
The article only states that the Sox had interest in the past. Is there something current I missed?

JermaineDye05
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
The article only states that the Sox had interest in the past. Is there something current I missed?

Yeah, I just noticed that after reading the full article. I was merely going by the rotoworld link at first. False alarm.

However, it's certainly in the realm of possibility that KW is still interested. I mean he's a first baseman and he's left handed. Peavy likes him. Prince is off the market. So he does fit.

DumpJerry
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Can we please use player's real names? Is it really that difficult to type a few extra letters?

Nellie_Fox
11-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Can we please use player's real names? Is it really that difficult to type a few extra letters?Why? Just because sometimes some of us have no idea who they're talking about?

cards press box
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
I have long thought that San Diego would try to trade Adrian Gonzalez this off-season for the simple reason that they cannot afford to re-sign him. The Yankees already have Mark Teixeira locked up for a long term deal, so they will likely not sign a DH to a monster contract and, in any event, Gonzalez no doubt wants to continue playing first base. With the Yankees effectively out of the picture, the White Sox are one of several teams where he may well go.

I speculated that Carlos Quentin might be the centerpiece of any deal to acquire Gonzalez. Others disagreed (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123485&page=3). My question is this: what would it take for the Sox to acquire Gonzalez for what will be the last year of his current contract?

:sockem

DirtySox
11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
It starts with Beckham. SD would want prospects, at least 1 blue chip talent. Beckham and Sale are the only ones that would qualify, and Sale cannot even be traded yet. I don't think the teams match up well at all. The Padres don't want to take on salary, and the Sox have nothing on the farm. I don't see anything happening.

cards press box
11-22-2010, 02:08 AM
It starts with Beckham. SD would want prospects, at least 1 blue chip talent. Beckham and Sale are the only ones that would qualify, and Sale cannot even be traded yet. I don't think the teams match up well at all. The Padres don't want to take on salary, and the Sox have nothing on the farm. I don't see anything happening.

I can't see the Sox trading Beckham or Sale for just about anyone, let alone only one year of anyone. So, if that is the price, then, yes, nothing will happen on this front.

GoSox2K3
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
can we please use player's real names? Is it really that difficult to type a few extra letters?

+1

Foulke You
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Can we please use player's real names? Is it really that difficult to type a few extra letters?
The one that drives me the most bonkers is the "V-Mart" abbreviation for Victor Martinez.

WizardsofOzzie
11-22-2010, 12:57 PM

Fingernails on a blackboard :D:

TDog
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Why? Just because sometimes some of us have no idea who they're talking about?

I honestly first thought this was a new off-season nickname for Alex Rodriguez bestowed upon him because there was a rumor he was on his way to being gone.

rdwj
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I honestly first thought this was a new off-season nickname for Alex Rodriguez bestowed upon him because there was a rumor he was on his way to being gone.

Me too :redface:

Outside of Alex Rodriguez, I HATE this lazy nickname convention. The only thing more annoying is when they describe a celebrity couple using syllables from both of their names.

TheVulture
11-23-2010, 03:59 PM
The one that drives me the most bonkers is the "V-Mart" abbreviation for Victor Martinez.

I just hope there will never be a Wally Martinez to grace the major leagues.

soxinem1
11-23-2010, 04:04 PM

I second that. Sounds like some cheap, dirty convenient store in the middle of a ghost town.

doublem23
11-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Me too :redface:

Outside of Alex Rodriguez, I HATE this lazy nickname convention. The only thing more annoying is when they describe a celebrity couple using syllables from both of their names.

I don't know, Man-Ram is pretty solid.