PDA

View Full Version : Ggg

steelsox
06-29-2002, 02:41 PM
Garlands Gotta Go.... He's the biggest joke since Kordell Stewart in football... Karchner for Garland turns out to be an even swap after all... The only sad thing about him is that he fits in with the horrible pitching that the Sox Management has tried to win with this year...

TheBigHurt
06-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by steelsox
Garlands Gotta Go.... He's the biggest joke since Kordell Stewart in football... Karchner for Garland turns out to be an even swap after all... The only sad thing about him is that he fits in with the horrible pitching that the Sox Management has tried to win with this year...

Garlands gotta go .....yeah right he's our 2nd best SP now and he'll be a cy young in years to come

FarWestChicago
06-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Garlands Gotta Go.... He's the biggest joke since Kordell Stewart in football... Karchner for Garland turns out to be an even swap after all... The only sad thing about him is that he fits in with the horrible pitching that the Sox Management has tried to win with this year... :whoflungpoo

RedPinStripes
06-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Where's the tag for ":dumbass" ?

soxtalker
06-29-2002, 03:06 PM

First, he's not pitching all that badly today -- not great, but not terrible.

However, I will grant you that he's been inconsistent. He's young -- give him time. There were similar calls last year about Kip Wells, and he's now winning. Sure, not every promising young pitcher is going to make it, but inconsistency is a common early problem. Good more-experienced players have learned how to right themselves when they get into a rut. I'd look a bit more critically at the coaches who are supposed to be guiding his development.

duke of dorwood
06-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Next to Burly-man, he probably has the most "quality starts"

Soxheads
06-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:whoflungpoo

What we do without that tag? :smile:

pudge
06-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Does that follow the same thinking as Kip Wells had to go?

Good Grief.

doublem23
06-29-2002, 06:02 PM

Only one tag will do....

:troll

voodoochile
06-29-2002, 06:27 PM

Man, are you an idiot or a moron? Guess it depends on whether your IQ is below 50 or all the way below 25 clinicly speaking...

Bisco Stu
06-29-2002, 06:39 PM
As a fan of the Steelers/White Sox for 27 years, I can safely say I'm glad both Garland and Stewart are on my teams.

Garland = Future All Star

Kordell = 4th in NFL MVP voting last year

KruseControl04
06-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Garland did fine today. Not as good as he could have, but good enough to win. Why would you want to send him down or trade him? We've got no one better to take his spot.

baggio202
06-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Does that follow the same thinking as Kip Wells had to go?

Good Grief.

exactly...dont give up on young pitching until they are either 27 or logged 400 ML innings....thats the general concensus amongst scouts

Procol Harum
06-29-2002, 07:36 PM

Hmmmm...STEEL-SOX , he makes reference to Kordell Stewart....I smell a Pitsburgh fan....I bet he's trying to snooker us into giving the Pirates more of our young pitching--he knows Garland would look good along with Fogg and Wells--oh no, ya don't buddy!!

:KW
"C'mon Sox fans, don't worry--I'd get somebody real good from the Bucs the next time around!"

CerberusWG
06-29-2002, 10:11 PM

You're a retard.

Look at Garland's last 6-7 starts. 5-6 quality starts. Today he looked very good, his curve was there, and his fastball was good too.

Next time try watching the game without being on crack.

sox_fan_forever
06-29-2002, 10:25 PM

Wow, that's the stupidest thing I've read all day.

ma-gaga
06-29-2002, 10:58 PM
It gets a little better. Look at Steelsox's history. 5 posts, all about Garland.

Someone has an axe to grind. :cool:

TheBigHurt
06-30-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Next time try watching the game without being on crack.

now theres a solution that just might work for our sorry little Sox fan.

Nellie_Fox
06-30-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Only one tag will do....

:troll Thank you for saving me the effort, dub.

CubKilla
06-30-2002, 01:01 PM

As stated numerous times before me, Garland is our number 2 guy right now. I was at the game Saturday and Garland outpitched Messiah Prior. He has only had, that I can remember, one bad start since his late May mastery of the BoSox. While the Sox offense was slumping, Garland was keeping the team in games that they could have been blown out in. Now if you want to start a Todd Ritchie's Gotta Go Thread, I'm sure more than a few posters will agree with that and jump on the bandwagon.