PDA

View Full Version : Yankees hire Larry Rothschild

hi im skot
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Link. (http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/the-yankees-hire-larry-rothschild-to-be-their-pitching-coach/)

CC Sabathia's labrum just tore in excitement.

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-19-2010, 04:24 PM
The burroughs just had a run on towels for the "Larry Rothschild Pitchers Simulated Game Drill Set" for Christmas.

soxinem1
11-19-2010, 06:38 PM
While he is no Dave Duncan, I think Rothschild did the best with what he had, and I sure wouldn't place the blame for Wood and Prior on him.

Blame Dusty, Wood's bad mechanics, and Prior's non-pitching related injury as well.

And as far as CC's labrum, well, look at his IP, CG, and GS totals over the last four seasons. The big guy has thrown a lot of pitches in that time, by today's standards.

PKalltheway
11-19-2010, 08:27 PM
While he is no Dave Duncan, I think Rothschild did the best with what he had, and I sure wouldn't place the blame for Wood and Prior on him.

Blame Dusty, Wood's bad mechanics, and Prior's non-pitching related injury as well.

And as far as CC's labrum, well, look at his IP, CG, and GS totals over the last four seasons. The big guy has thrown a lot of pitches in that time, by today's standards.
Prior also had very poor mechanics...he and Wood were basically two ticking time-bombs.

Edit: This article, even though it's about Tim Lincecum, also mentions Prior's poor mechanics. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1141385/index.htm

ChiSoxGirl
11-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty surprised by this. I thought, for sure, Rothschild would be going out to the mound in a wheelchair at the Shrine, eventually dying in a Cubs uniform.

DumpJerry
11-19-2010, 11:07 PM
On The Score tonight, Laurence Holmes was remarking that there were no comments at all from Cub fans about this. No calls, no text messages, no emails, no smoke signals. Nothing.

Maybe the fans don't know who he is. If this was Coop, you'd know we be burning down the wires venting our feelings.

Lyle Mouton
11-19-2010, 11:11 PM
On The Score tonight, Laurence Holmes was remarking that there were no comments at all from Cub fans about this. No calls, no text messages, no emails, no smoke signals. Nothing.

Maybe the fans don't know who he is. If this was Coop, you'd know we be burning down the wires venting our feelings.
It is a Friday night. It is Laurence Holmes.

Brewski
11-19-2010, 11:54 PM
It is a Friday night. It is Laurence Holmes.

That's Funny. :cool:

Detroit wanted Rothchild a few years back, didn't they? Apparently he is more respected than we give him credit for.

Yeah, Prior. Who to blame? He was a time bomb, can't feel sorry for him, kind of a headhunter on the mound. Do you try to change the motion and mess with success?

We (Coop) did with Peavy, he struggled until he went back to the old motion and then SNAP! At least to my eyes. We may be up a creek with him.

pearso66
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
The funny/sad thing about Prior, is coming out of college all you heard were his mechanics were flawless, and that he would never get hurt pitching.

JermaineDye05
11-21-2010, 01:23 AM
The funny/sad thing about Prior, is coming out of college all you heard were his mechanics were flawless, and that he would never get hurt pitching.

Well, he didn't really. A couple of freak accidents. I mean what were the odds that a line drive would find his pitching elbow?