PDA

View Full Version : Looks like METRA 35th St Station will be ready for 2011

Fenway
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
METRA is saying the station will be finished next month :D:

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/service_updates/35th_St_Update.html

It will be called

Lovana S. “Lou” Jones/Bronzeville Station.

My 'dumb question' will only Rock island trains use it?

http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/ri/map.html

doublem23
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
A) Yes, the stop is only on the Rock Island line.

B) So, is Metra going to run special trains for Sox game nights? Because I can't see many people wanting to take the train once they realize that there's only 2 outbound trains after 10 PM on weeknights that leave LaSalle Station at 11 PM and 12:30 AM.

beasly213
11-16-2010, 03:20 PM

It will be called

http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/ri/map.html

As someone who works in the south burbs and lives in Bridgeport. To say I'm happy about this would be an understatement!!!

:bandance:

ewokpelts
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I thought the plan was to eventually put the South West Service line AND Rock Island line at that station.

mrfourni
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM

It will be called

I thought the plan was to eventually put the South West Service line AND Rock Island line at that station.

Those little newsletters on the Metra trains indicated that the plan was to build an extension around 75th street which would connect the Southwest Service to the Rock Island tracks leading to LaSalle Street Station. That would allow those trains to stop at 35th street.

Because this station has been talked about for at least 10 years, I can't imagine that the extension will be built any time soon. But then again, with the recent report of the dangers of Union Station, maybe it will get fast tracked.

MeteorsSox4367
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I drive past the station every day on the way home from work and it's amazing to see all the progress that has been made.

The station will be good for the Sox, good for IIT and good for a certain high school on 35th and Michigan that's just two blocks from the Metra.:D:

roylestillman
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
I will be the first to say I never thought I would see the day. Now let's see what they do with the schedule to make it practical to take the train to the game.

AND we get Quiet Cars for the ride home.

Brian26
11-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Good point on De LaSalle. Can't help but help enrollment for them.

Fenway
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Boston commuter rail is finally upgrading service to Fenway

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20101115construction_set_to_begin_on_mbtas_yawkey_ station/

METRA only took 10 years....They have been talking about the Yankee Stadium stop since 1923 and it only opened last year

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/yankeestadium.htm

WhiffleBall
11-17-2010, 09:02 AM
I take the Rock Island everyday. The stairs and platforms are in and there are pallets of bricks sitting waiting to be used to build the rest of the station. It will definitely be done by opening day if not sooner.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the schedule. I'm guessing it will be something like the Ravinia schedule. Right now there is a 9:45pm (too early) and an 11:05pm (too late) train on weeknights. The best way to do it would be to have a train ready on game days at LaSalle St station and have it depart 20 minutes after the end of the game to allow for people to make it to the station but that would probably be too costly. Fans who want to stay for extra innings and/or fireworks will probably be out of luck unless they want to catch one of the really late trains. They might also ban alcohol on these trains (not that there would be anywhere to buy liquor on the post game train).

MeteorsSox4367
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM

Yep. This gives us more access to students from Beverly, Tinley, Orland, Oak Forest and other areas. We have a lot of alumni who live in those areas and they will now have an opportunity to send their kids to D.

And this gives parents who may not have had a prior connection to us an opportunity to have their kids attend De La Salle.

Anyone who's interested in our school, we'd love to have them.

KenBerryGrab
11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
The Rock Island Line is a mighty good road. The Rock Island Line is the road to ride.

soxinem1
11-17-2010, 05:24 PM

Is De LaSalle having enrollment issues?

The Rock Island Line is a mighty good road. The Rock Island Line is the road to ride.

Sounds like the making of a new commercial for the RI!!!

MeteorsSox4367
11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Is De LaSalle having enrollment issues?

Not at all. Thankfully, our enrollment at both the boys and girls campuses is remaining steady.

Like all the Catholic high schools, we'd love to have more kids in the building and having Metra two blocks away opens up a whole new area of recruitment for us and provides parents with another educational opportunity.

ewokpelts
11-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Not at all. Thankfully, our enrollment at both the boys and girls campuses is remaining steady.

Like all the Catholic high schools, we'd love to have more kids in the building and having Metra two blocks away opens up a whole new area of recruitment for us and provides parents with another educational opportunity.I hate to break it to you, but most people cant AFFORD catholic(or any religious) school right now. Grade School is 3-4k PER KID, and that's not factoring in the many hours of volunteer work parents have to contribute to get a slight discount on school.
Asuburban family is sending their kids to public school, as they already pay for it in their property taxes, and then put the kids in CCD on the weekend.

I wont even mention the economny of the last 2.5 years.

The metra station wont add that much more to your enrollment.

doublem23
11-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Asuburban family is sending their kids to public school, as they already pay for it in their property taxes, and then put the kids in CCD on the weekend

That is true, although it is notable that the average suburban property tax bill is roughly the same as a city property tax bill plus tuition to a Catholic or religious school. Depending on location, sometimes its more.

ewokpelts
11-18-2010, 08:18 AM
That is true, although it is notable that the average suburban property tax bill is roughly the same as a city property tax bill plus tuition to a Catholic or religious school. Depending on location, sometimes its more.the avg suburban home also costs more than in the city, and there is typically a higher mortgage payment.

MeteorsSox4367
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
I hate to break it to you, but most people cant AFFORD catholic(or any religious) school right now. Grade School is 3-4k PER KID, and that's not factoring in the many hours of volunteer work parents have to contribute to get a slight discount on school.
Asuburban family is sending their kids to public school, as they already pay for it in their property taxes, and then put the kids in CCD on the weekend.

I wont even mention the economny of the last 2.5 years.

The metra station wont add that much more to your enrollment.

Thanks for your optimism, but for some parents there is nothing more important than their child receiving a secondary education at a parochial school.

I know the sacrifices my parents made for my sister and me because they (especially my Dad) were adamant that their kids were going to Catholic high schools.

Maybe our numbers will go up because of the Metra stop and maybe they won't. You can't just come out and automatically say that Metra won't have an impact.

ewokpelts
11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for your optimism, but for some parents there is nothing more important than their child receiving a secondary education at a parochial school.

I know the sacrifices my parents made for my sister and me because they (especially my Dad) were adamant that their kids were going to Catholic high schools.

Maybe our numbers will go up because of the Metra stop and maybe they won't. You can't just come out and automatically say that Metra won't have an impact.Quigley was in the heart of the city, and it still closed. I have no illusions about a metra station keeping De La Salle in the black. Will it help? possible. but not at the numbers you may be thinking.

Cat Thief
11-18-2010, 05:39 PM

Maybe our numbers will go up because of the Metra stop and maybe they won't. You can't just come out and automatically say that Metra won't have an impact.

Some here have everything covered. From $5 Sox shirts at Kohls, too Catholic HS enrollmet and too the number of days that a bride should have picked up her dress before her wedding.

My wife and I put one through McAuley and one through Rice as well as Catholic grade school. Neighbor down the block put his 2 boys through Rice. Next door to me 2 are in St Linus and will be attending Marist within the next 3 years. I guess I live on a above average block. :scratch:

I could see some Bridgeport transplants in Beverly and Orland sending their kids there. There is quite a bit of money in those locations. I hope D promotes this new stop when they visit the local high schools.

doublem23
11-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Quigley was in the heart of the city, and it still closed. I have no illusions about a metra station keeping De La Salle in the black. Will it help? possible. but not at the numbers you may be thinking.

Quigley was also not a college preparatory school, so there's kind of a difference.

DumpJerry
11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Quigley was in the heart of the city, and it still closed. I have no illusions about a metra station keeping De La Salle in the black. Will it help? possible. but not at the numbers you may be thinking.
Apples and oranges. One was seminary (Quigley), the other isn't. Also, Quigley closed in, IIRC, the 1980's-a very different environment from today in terms of family economics, academic economics, etc. You just can't compare the two.

doublem23
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Apples and oranges. One was seminary (Quigley), the other isn't. Also, Quigley closed in, IIRC, the 1980's-a very different environment from today in terms of family economics, academic economics, etc. You just can't compare the two.

Quigley closed for good in 2007, you're probably thinking of the closure and consolidation of Quigley North and Quigley South in 1989.

DumpJerry
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Quigley closed for good in 2007, you're probably thinking of the closure and consolidation of Quigley North and Quigley South in 1989.
Yeah, that's what I thinking of.

roylestillman
11-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I took the Rock downtown to work for decades and you would be shocked at the number of kids that were on the train going to Ignatius and Whitney Young. I think the 35th street stop will open up De LaSalle to a lot of kids along the line

(And The Quigley South thing was a bit more complicated than that. My brother (a teacher, Alumnus and parent(and fellow Sox season ticket holder)) darn near killed himself fighting to keep that place open.)

Hitmen77
11-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I hate to break it to you, but most people cant AFFORD catholic(or any religious) school right now. Grade School is 3-4k PER KID, and that's not factoring in the many hours of volunteer work parents have to contribute to get a slight discount on school.

I thought I heard it was closer to $5,000 per kid for grade school. I'd imagine it's even more for HS.

That is true, although it is notable that the average suburban property tax bill is roughly the same as a city property tax bill plus tuition to a Catholic or religious school. Depending on location, sometimes its more.

I think the important difference isn't so much the differences in tax bills, it's that some suburban areas have very good public schools and many residents - even most Catholics - feel that the high cost (and extra busing) of a parochial school is not justified.

There are other areas (in the city or other suburbs) where the public schools aren't so great and even non-Catholics are sending their kids to a parochial school.

True, but there are parochial schools in the suburbs too. Someone along the RI line who feels strongly about sending their kids to a parochial school have places like Marion Catholic HS in their general area. Sure, some might decide that that option still doesn't match De LaSalle, but then they have to weigh whether it's worth sticking their kid with a long Metra commute every day when there are closer-by Catholic schools.

ewokpelts
11-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Quigley was also not a college preparatory school, so there's kind of a difference.

Archbishop Quigley Preparatory Seminary.

The official title suggests otherwise. It was a seminary, yes, but the school knew not everyone was going to be a priest, or even go to St. Joseph's.

ewokpelts
11-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah, that's what I thinking of.Bernadin closed South(AND North) becuase the # of kids going to Niles College(the next step in the seminary system) were way down.

AQPS(the merged quigleys) died for a few reasons. One was a child molester turned priest. Cant ignore that. But it also had low enrollment issues, despite being in a prime location.

MeteorsSox4367
11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
True, but there are parochial schools in the suburbs too. Someone along the RI line who feels strongly about sending their kids to a parochial school have places like Marion Catholic HS in their general area. Sure, some might decide that that option still doesn't match De LaSalle, but then they have to weigh whether it's worth sticking their kid with a long Metra commute every day when there are closer-by Catholic schools.

We know there are quality Catholic high schools in the suburbs, but it's just having Metra two blocks away from our campus that helps to make us another option for parents.

For example, one of our families has their roots in Beverly and Evergreen Park and could easily send their kids to McAuley or Rice or Marist, but they choose to send their kids to D to continue the family legacy.

We also had a young man who lived in Oak Forest who wanted to attend D because his Dad went here. Thanks to lifts from his Dad and our bus service, he was able to attend and graduate from D.

Now with Metra, we might be able to get kids from Oak Forest and Orland and Tinley who want to attend D because of their familiy or just simply like our school.

All I'm saying is that we have an excellent product here and Metra will help make us a more viable option for anyone who may want to send their kids here.

Law11
11-19-2010, 09:54 AM

Quigley Closed in my mind when they closed south up on 77th. North (then) never had much of enrollment to begin with.)

You cant just disregard a new very practical way for students to get to D now and i think its a very likelyhood that the numbers will increase in the sw burbs because of it. Instead of maybe going to Marian catholic, Rice or Marist, this now gives a better opportunity for some in those far s and sw burbs to explore the POSSIBILITY of DLS. To out right blanket and say because of the economy parents arent sending their kids to private schools is a bit crazy.

Law11
11-19-2010, 09:55 AM

Quigley South was. I went there in the mid 80's.

doublem23
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Quigley South was. I went there in the mid 80's.

Didn't know that. I guess the Quigley I knew (I went to a Catholic high school from 1998-2002, but not Quigley) technically was a college prep H.S. by then (had a friend go there), but I think it was still thought of mostly as a seminary.

ewokpelts
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Didn't know that. I guess the Quigley I knew (I went to a Catholic high school from 1998-2002, but not Quigley) technically was a college prep H.S. by then (had a friend go there), but I think it was still thought of mostly as a seminary.It indeed was a seminary. But they knew that not every kid was going to be a priest. So you prepare them for college as much as serving in the church

doublem23
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
It indeed was a seminary. But they knew that not every kid was going to be a priest. So you prepare them for college as much as serving in the church

Right, but it still carried the repuation as a seminary and not as a college prep high school, which is a big reason why its enrollment suffered.

St. Ignatius is located just southwest of the Loop and its enrollment is still well over 2,000, even though it's one of the city's most expensive private schools, because it has an excellent repuation as one of the state's premier high schools.

Cat Thief
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
We didn't have a football team. That sucked.

nitetrain8601
11-19-2010, 08:08 PM
We didn't have a football team. That sucked.

You went to Ignatius too?

Brian26
11-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Some here have everything covered. From $5 Sox shirts at Kohls, too Catholic HS enrollmet and too the number of days that a bride should have picked up her dress before her wedding.

Ease up on the personal comments, Cat. Thanks.

sachin
01-02-2011, 09:15 AM
This stop is going to be an EXCELLENT alternative for we Sox fans who don't want to drive (due to $28 to park the van [?!?]), have a beer or two on the train coming in, don't have to get a designated driver, and can get to 35th Street in less than 30 minutes. Can't wait for it to open!

Re: De La Salle: Every morning my train has kids going to Walter Payton, Ignatius and Whitney Young. Ignatius costs $13K a year, and the school has to turn away more kids whose parents are willing to fork over that much money than they admit into the school. So, the argument that most suburban families wouldn't pay for Catholic HS b/c of the economy is a pretty weak argument, at best...:scratch:

cards press box
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
So, is Metra going to run special trains for Sox game nights? Because I can't see many people wanting to take the train once they realize that there's only 2 outbound trains after 10 PM on weeknights that leave LaSalle Station at 11 PM and 12:30 AM.

After the effort taken to build this station, it is hard to imagine that Metra won't run special trains after Sox night games. This cannot help but boost Sox attendance.

PalehosePlanet
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
the avg suburban home also costs more than in the city, and there is typically a higher mortgage payment.

Really? Most of my friends have moved out to the suburbs because the city was too expensive for them. My city mortgage and my property taxes are higher than any of theirs in Skokie, Buffalo Grove, Glenview, Oak Park and Mt. Prospect.

Your statement might only be true if you are looking at the average of ALL homes sold, including the terrible city neighborhoods where you can pick up a house for 50 grand after the housing crash.

DumpJerry
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
the avg suburban home also costs more than in the city, and there is typically a higher mortgage payment.
Not even close to the truth.

Johnny Mostil
01-03-2011, 01:20 PM
St. Ignatius is located just southwest of the Loop and its enrollment is still well over 2,000, even though it's one of the city's most expensive private schools, because it has an excellent repuation as one of the state's premier high schools.

Where are you getting that SICP enrollment figure? This (http://www.ihsa.org/school/enrolla.htm) appears to indicate an enrollment of less than 1,400 (albeit with an IHSA adjustment for competition purposes to nearly 2,300). I can't imagine room on campus for many more students than that.

FWIW, although I attended Ignatius (commuting by rail from a suburban home), I opted to send my children to suburban public high schools, in part because tuition increases have far exceeded inflation indices since I attended. But good for them, and De La Salle, if they can draw more students over the suburban rails!

WhiffleBall
01-04-2011, 09:31 AM
The article in the original post stated that the station would be complete by 12-20-2010. For a while it looked like that was a reasonable date. Now it seems like they have stopped work completely on the station. As far as I can tell hardly anything has been done since late November/early December.

Jason82807
01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
The article in the original post stated that the station would be complete by 12-20-2010. For a while it looked like that was a reasonable date. Now it seems like they have stopped work completely on the station. As far as I can tell hardly anything has been done since late November/early December.

I've been wondering about that also. No news on Metra's website either. I'm still willing to bet the farm it'll be open by Opening Day given how close it already is to be done.

sachin
01-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes, I saw that too. Maybe the funds need to be allocated for 2011? The machines are still in place, just no work is being done.

soxrme
01-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Is this only available for trains for the southside? I live in the northwest suburbs and would love to have the option of catching the metra out here and going directly to the ballpark. It sometimes takes 2 hours to get there from Arlington Hts

DumpJerry
01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Is this only available for trains for the southside? I live in the northwest suburbs and would love to have the option of catching the metra out here and going directly to the ballpark. It sometimes takes 2 hours to get there from Arlington Hts
You also have the Red and Green Line trains.

doublem23
01-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Yeah, there is no Central METRA hub, so if you wanted to take PT down to the park you have three choices:

(1) Take the NW Metra Line from Arlington Heights downtown to Oglivie and walk the few blocks to the LaSalle Station at LaSalle & Van Buren to catch the Rock Island down to the park.

(2) Take the NW Metra Line from Arlington Heights to Jefferson Park. Get off the Metra there and connect to the CTA Blue Line (the NW Line and Blue Line both stop at Jefferson Park). Take the Blue Line into the city and either transfer to the Red Line at Jackson or the Green Line at Clark & Lake.

or the one I'd advise because I hate the METRA

(3) Drive from Arlington Heights to the Park and Ride at the Blue Line's Cumberland station just off the Kennedy. Take the Blue Line to the city, and again, transfer to the Red or Green Line lines at the aforementioned transfer points.

Gavin
01-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah, there is no Central METRA hub, so if you wanted to take PT down to the park you have three choices:

(1) Take the NW Metra Line from Arlington Heights downtown to Oglivie and walk the few blocks to the LaSalle Station at LaSalle & Van Buren to catch the Rock Island down to the park.

(2) Take the NW Metra Line from Arlington Heights to Jefferson Park. Get off the Metra there and connect to the CTA Blue Line (the NW Line and Blue Line both stop at Jefferson Park). Take the Blue Line into the city and either transfer to the Red Line at Jackson or the Green Line at Clark & Lake.

(3) Drive from Arlington Heights to the Park and Ride at the Blue Line's Cumberland station just off the Kennedy. Take the Blue Line to the city, and again, transfer to the Red or Green Line lines at the aforementioned transfer points.

Or just take the Metra from Alrlington Heights into Oglivie, walk 2 blocks north to the Green Line station at Clinton and Lake and take the Green Line to 35th/IIT.

Not the fastest, but probably the easiest and least stressful.

ewokpelts
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Is this only available for trains for the southside? I live in the northwest suburbs and would love to have the option of catching the metra out here and going directly to the ballpark. It sometimes takes 2 hours to get there from Arlington Htsyou would still need to switch trains.

doublem23
01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Or just take the Metra from Alrlington Heights into Oglivie, walk 2 blocks north to the Green Line station at Clinton and Lake and take the Green Line to 35th/IIT.

Ooh, that's a good call, too.

Brian26
01-06-2011, 10:55 PM

It's Ogilvie, not Oglivie (Doub, I thought you lived in the city???????).

I'd suggest he take Metra in to Ogilvie and then walk, literally, one block north to catch the Green Line at Clinton and take that to 35th/IIT/Bronzeville. Boom, done.

Brian26
01-06-2011, 10:56 PM

Not the fastest, but probably the easiest and least stressful.

Oops, Gavin beat me to it. If you exit the train and walk down the north stairs, it's super quick.

Hitmen77
01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
The problem with taking Metra home after Sox games is (for a weeknight game), you're talking about getting to Union or Ogilvie Station at about 10:30 or 11:00pm and then you might have to wait as long as an hour for the next all-stop train. It'll feel like forever before you finally get home.

I don't know how it will work for SW suburban fans. Ideally for them, Metra would run a special post-game train from 35th St out to places like Orland Park and Tinley Park. Of course, Metra would only do that if there is demand for it.

Those of us in the West, NW or North Suburbs are out of luck if you want to take public transit to the game. Maybe the best bet for NW suburbanites is to drive to the Rosemont el station and take the Blue line downtown and then switch to the Red line in the loop.

dickallen15
01-07-2011, 05:45 AM
The problem with taking Metra home after Sox games is (for a weeknight game), you're talking about getting to Union or Ogilvie Station at about 10:30 or 11:00pm and then you might have to wait as long as an hour for the next all-stop train. It'll feel like forever before you finally get home.

I don't know how it will work for SW suburban fans. Ideally for them, Metra would run a special post-game train from 35th St out to places like Orland Park and Tinley Park. Of course, Metra would only do that if there is demand for it.

Those of us in the West, NW or North Suburbs are out of luck if you want to take public transit to the game. Maybe the best bet for NW suburbanites is to drive to the Rosemont el station and take the Blue line downtown and then switch to the Red line in the loop.

If you're in the NW suburbs, you could always take the Metra NW line to Oglivie, then switch to the Green Line which is a block from the station.

As far as a special Metra "Sox " train with this new stop, that's not going to happen. There are a lot of people that use Metra for all sporting events, and I have never seen a schedule change to accommodate. It certainly won't happen with the White Sox.

DumpJerry
01-07-2011, 07:20 AM
As far as a special Metra "Sox " train with this new stop, that's not going to happen. There are a lot of people that use Metra for all sporting events, and I have never seen a schedule change to accommodate. It certainly won't happen with the White Sox.
When the July 3rd fireworks were held a Monroe Harbor, extra trains were added outbound.

Never say never.

ChiSoxGirl
01-07-2011, 07:36 AM

I don't agree with this. I started taking the colors last season and it saved me hours of frustration in the car and many dollars in gas & parking.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, a great option is driving to the Cumberland Blue Line, parking there for $4, taking the train to Jackson, and transferring (for free) to the Red Line. It's about as convenient as you can get. The only "issue" is getting to Cumberland, whcih can sometimes be a little slow-going if you take I-90 in from the northwest suburbs. On the reverse trip, I typically walk the extra blocks to the 35th/Bronzeville/IIT Green Line stop (because the Red Line is a sea of humanity), take that to Clark/Lake, and pick up the Blue Line there.

Brian26
01-07-2011, 08:46 AM

Ravinia has a train waiting after concerts. There is precedent for this.

Hitmen77
01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
If you're in the NW suburbs, you could always take the Metra NW line to Oglivie, then switch to the Green Line which is a block from the station.

That still won't solve the problem of Metra's sparse late evening schedule. You could end up waiting close to an hour for the next train that will take you almost an hour to get out to your stop.

I don't agree with this. I started taking the colors last season and it saved me hours of frustration in the car and many dollars in gas & parking.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, a great option is driving to the Cumberland Blue Line, parking there for $4, taking the train to Jackson, and transferring (for free) to the Red Line. It's about as convenient as you can get. The only "issue" is getting to Cumberland, whcih can sometimes be a little slow-going if you take I-90 in from the northwest suburbs. On the reverse trip, I typically walk the extra blocks to the 35th/Bronzeville/IIT Green Line stop (because the Red Line is a sea of humanity), take that to Clark/Lake, and pick up the Blue Line there.

I agree that the el lines out to places like Rosemont or Cumberland Ave. are good options for people in the NW suburbs. I was referring to people who are relying on Metra to get them all the way home. There is no nearby el station/park and ride to drive to from places like Naperville.

Ravinia has a train waiting after concerts. There is precedent for this.

That's the example I was thinking of. I don't know how many people attend a typical Ravina concert, but at a Sox game your talking about a crowd of 25,000-40,000 people. If it can be shown that there's enough of that crowd to fill a Metra train (I don't mean just one car) to head home to the SW suburbs, then it can be done.

ewokpelts
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM

As far as a special Metra "Sox " train with this new stop, that's not going to happen. There are a lot of people that use Metra for all sporting events, and I have never seen a schedule change to accommodate. It certainly won't happen with the White Sox.Ravinia has special trains that go from Northwestern Station(Oglivie) to within a block of the festival's gates. And they have trains ready to go as soon as the events end at Ravinia.

I suspect the "normal" schedule will prevail in the hours leading up to game time and during the game, but there will be a train or two waiting to pick up fans post game.

ewokpelts
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
That's the example I was thinking of. I don't know how many people attend a typical Ravina concert, but at a Sox game your talking about a crowd of 25,000-40,000 people. If it can be shown that there's enough of that crowd to fill a Metra train (I don't mean just one car) to head home to the SW suburbs, then it can be done.ravina clears 10k easy on a weekend event. the last time i went up thewre, the train going back to chicago was packed. i ended up sitting on a stair the whole way.

ewokpelts
01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Metra has a stop at harlem/lake. If you're a western suburbanite, you can always hop on the green line there, and take it straight to 35th/bronzeville. 2 1/2 block walk to the park.

C-Dawg
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Ideally for them, Metra would run a special post-game train from 35th St out to places like Orland Park and Tinley Park. Of course, Metra would only do that if there is demand for it.

Currently, the Metra schedule shows southbound Rock Island trains leaving downtown at 9:45, 11:05 and 12:30AM (on weeknights) and 8:45, 11:05 and 12:30AM on Saturdays. That 9:45 train might be a little too early for a lot of games (unless Buehrle is pitching) but after that one, what would you suggest? Splitting the difference between 9:45 and 11:05 would give us another train in the 10:20 timeframe, but at that point, Metra is probably likely to say too bad, wait for the 11:05. As much as an additional train would be nice, I just don't see it happening.

I think a better option would be if they could delay the 9:45 departure to something later, like 10:15 or so.

Fenway
02-14-2011, 03:19 PM
METRA is looking at an opening in MAY but the blizzard may push it back

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110212/news/702139979/

WhiffleBall
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
They haven't done one thing to the station since at least early December. All the heavy equipment and materials have been sitting there waiting for the workers to finish. The metra website said it was supposed to be done by December of 2010. How could the blizzard have anything to do with it opening up months late? I e-mailed metra last week to get a status and the reply had the link from the first post in this thread.

Fenway
02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
They haven't done one thing to the station since at least early December. All the heavy equipment and materials have been sitting there waiting for the workers to finish. The metra website said it was supposed to be done by December of 2010. How could the blizzard have anything to do with it opening up months late? I e-mailed metra last week to get a status and the reply had the link from the first post in this thread.

It's Chicago

Write him directly
William Tupper
Chief Operations Officer
547 W Jackson Blvd Fl 13
Chicago, IL 60661-5726

He is the one who said May (maybe)

Thome25
02-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Delays in the construction industry? NO WAY!!! Who would've guessed??

We all know that this is commonplace for this industry....especially when it comes to road construction.

sachin
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
"The Rock Island line has also seen a drop from the loss of Chicago's South Side Irish parade, although she said that could be more than made up by the opening of the Lou Jones Station at 35th Street near Sox Park.

Chief Operations Officer William Tupper said they were aiming for a May opening, although it could be delayed by the continuing impact of the blizzard."

South Side Irish Parade probably drew as many on Metra as a night to see Lyle Lovett at Ravinia -- we're talking a loss of 5,000 unique riders MAX. So, at best, maybe $20K?

Metra is a BS organization....

kaufsox
02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Really? Most of my friends have moved out to the suburbs because the city was too expensive for them. My city mortgage and my property taxes are higher than any of theirs in Skokie, Buffalo Grove, Glenview, Oak Park and Mt. Prospect.

Your statement might only be true if you are looking at the average of ALL homes sold, including the terrible city neighborhoods where you can pick up a house for 50 grand after the housing crash.

Have to agree with this, we needed to stay in the city, but on a lark looked at a few houses in the burbs which were considerably cheaper. Of course the taxes were considerably more, so it all came out in the wash.

WhiffleBall
02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
For the first time in months there are workers at the site. There were only two of them but it's a start.

havelj
02-25-2011, 11:06 AM
From Metra's February newsletter:

35th St. update
Any news yet as to when the 35th St. station (near Illinois Institute
of Technology) will be open?

The station will be open this spring.

http://metrarail.com/content/dam/metra/documents/Bi_Level/OTBLFeb2011hqp.pdf

doublem23
02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Updated photo of the Metra stop. Not sure of the date, but found it on a local Flicker account.

http://chicago.curbed.com/uploads/022511_35th%20st%20metra.jpg

DumpJerry
02-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Had a talk with a guy I know who is a transportation planner for the State of Illinois last night.

I asked if there will be special trains run on game nights. He said that has not been ruled out depending on demand.

He also told me that there is a Metra Line being planned from NW Indiana which will stop at the 35th Street Station.

He said the politics of Metra look for the White Sox. In the past, he told me, all of the powers-that-be at Metra lived up north near the Wisconsin state line. Therefore, the lines that run up there got a disproportionate amount of resources into the far northern end. The current Board Chair of Metra is from Orland, so the southern service will see favorable treatment now.

ShooterMcGavin
02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Do the Sox worry about lost parking revenue with the new Metra stop?

Perhaps they believe what revenue is lost from parking sales will be compensated by additional ticket sales?

doublem23
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Perhaps they believe what revenue is lost from parking sales will be compensated by additional ticket sales?

I would think so. Call me cynical, but I can't imagine how many people are actually going to Metra it up to Sox games.

First, the Rock Island Line doesn't go to one of the major downtown transit centers, it goes to LaSalle St., so that takes care of everyone from the NW or Western suburbs, unless you can see a bunch of suburbanites walking around downtown at 10 PM (I cannot). Second, Metra isn't as cheap as the CTA. A 1-way ticket from Tinley Park to the "A Zone," which is were I'm guessing 35th will end up zoned is $4.50. $9 round trip per person. So a husband, wife, and kid are already losing money over just parking. Third, as Dump's buddy notes, they don't even know if they're going to have Sox-specific trains, so that means you're at the mercy of the Metra schedule (not designed to accommodate us night owls), which only has 3 trains that leave after 9 PM (9:45, 11 PM, 12:30 AM).

I think it's good for the neighborhood, I think it's good for IIT, and I think it could even be good for DeLaSalle. For the Sox? I don't know.

DumpJerry
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it's good for the neighborhood, I think it's good for IIT, and I think it could even be good for DeLaSalle. For the Sox? I don't know.
My friend says it will do wonders for the neighborhood and Beverly, too. He said they are not sure about the White Sox in general, but he thinks when there is a big game, they will probably have some special trains like they do for Ravinia and when the Third of July Fireworks were downtown.

However, if Metra senses a steady demand in general on game days, they will consider modification of the service to meet the needs.

Regarding the post about parking vs. Metra, here is what Metra has to offer on weekends:

$7 Weekend Pass
Unlimited rides on both Saturday and Sunday. Can be used in conjunction with Metra's Family Fares. Not valid for travel on the South Shore (NICTD).

The family fares are:

Family Fares
On weekends and select holidays, kids ride FREE with Metra's Family Fares. Up to three children age 11 and under ride free with each fare-paying adult. Purchase a ticket or use your Monthly Pass or 10-Ride ticket as the adult fare. The $7 Weekend Pass can also be used as the adult fare. Family Cars are available on weekends and non-rush hour weekday trains.

sachin
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I would think so. Call me cynical, but I can't imagine how many people are actually going to Metra it up to Sox games.

From Beverly it's going to be 20 minutes or less, you can drink on the train, and during the summer kids under 12 ride free. So, if you have a monthly pass, you're basically getting to the game for nothing.

Currently, if I want to go to Sox Park, I have to get to I-57 (which is about 10 minutes), then take 57 to the Ryan to 35th. Then wait in traffic, park and then walk. So we're talking greater than 40 mins on a typical game day. With the train, it's a 10 minute walk to the train, then 20 minutes MAX. So, I'm already saving time and money!

Brian26
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
From Beverly it's going to be 20 minutes or less, you can drink on the train, and during the summer kids under 12 ride free. So, if you have a monthly pass, you're basically getting to the game for nothing.

Currently, if I want to go to Sox Park, I have to get to I-57 (which is about 10 minutes), then take 57 to the Ryan to 35th. Then wait in traffic, park and then walk. So we're talking greater than 40 mins on a typical game day. With the train, it's a 10 minute walk to the train, then 20 minutes MAX. So, I'm already saving time and money!

You're saving 10 minutes, but remember that Metra is not always on time, and you'll want to probably get there earlier than the scheduled time anyway so you're not cutting it too close.

MeteorsSox4367
02-28-2011, 09:35 PM

We hope so. We have a lot of alums who live in Palos, Orland, Oak Lawn, Chicago Ridge and Beverly and we hope Metra will help make us a viable choice for their kids.

Our boys campus is two blocks from the Metra station and our buses will pick up the young women and take them to their campus a mile west.

We've been waiting for the Metra station to open for quite a while now. Hopefully, this will be very good for De La Salle.

MarkZ35
02-28-2011, 10:18 PM
For the majority of people that have the option to take the Rock Island it will be cheaper plus no risks of driving after a few drinks. I would suspect most cars at Sox lots have 2 or less adults. Besides parking you have to factor in the "projected" $4+ gas prices this summer.

TheCommander
03-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Had a talk with a guy I know who is a transportation planner for the State of Illinois last night.

I asked if there will be special trains run on game nights. He said that has not been ruled out depending on demand.

He also told me that there is a Metra Line being planned from NW Indiana which will stop at the 35th Street Station.

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

doublem23
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
My friend says it will do wonders for the neighborhood and Beverly, too. He said they are not sure about the White Sox in general, but he thinks when there is a big game, they will probably have some special trains like they do for Ravinia and when the Third of July Fireworks were downtown.

Ultimately what's good for Bridgeport is good for the Sox, so it's not like I think this project was a total waste of time, I'm just not sold on the images of packed Metra trains opening up at 35th Street crawling with Sox fans like the Red Line. But anything that helps the surrounding neighborhood lose it's "scary, ghetto" image (which has already eroded severely in the past 10 years) is fine with me.

WhiffleBall
03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
The metra stop may not be a huge success at first but eventually it will be very beneficial for both the team and fans. It's probably going to take a season or two for it to fully catch on with fans. Most Sox fans probably don't even know that it is being built.

Regarding CTA vs metra especially cost, there are many people out there who have no idea about metra's fares. As has been stated kids almost always ride free with a fare paying adult, bargain priced unlimited weekend passes work system wide, and discounted 10 ride passes are available (which can be used for multiple riders).

For south suburbanites it's a no brainer. $23 to park + gas + traffic or $14 for two adults and two kids for a low stress ride to and from the game with access to bathrooms! Not only will people in towns along the Rock Island use it but others who would usually drive from Oak Lawn, Evergreen, Alsip, Orland even as far as Palos and Chicago Ridge will take it. The Rock Island cuts through the heart of White Sox fandom. For those who live in the West and North Suburbs, LaSalle street station is about the same distance, if not closer, to union and oglivie then the red line CTA stops plus they can use the same weekend or monthly pass. After Sox, Cubs, and Bears night games the Loop is full of fans heading from the CTA to the different metra stations.

Fenway
03-01-2011, 09:50 AM

I am sure they are aware that the Yankees saw a MAJOR drop in garage revenue when this station opened 2 years ago,,,

For Westchester and Connecticut fans it has become a no-brainer.

Boston also built a station for Fenway which has become the best option for many in the burbs. ( of course Fenway has NO parking )

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/stations/?stopId=239

C-Dawg
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM
You're saving 10 minutes, but remember that Metra is not always on time, and you'll want to probably get there earlier than the scheduled time anyway so you're not cutting it too close.

Significant delays, though, are probably pretty rare, at least on the Rock Island route which has minimal freight traffic to get in the way of Metra trains. Metra owns the line outright so its not like over here on the UP lines where Metra is a tenant.

DumpJerry
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Ultimately what's good for Bridgeport is good for the Sox, so it's not like I think this project was a total waste of time, I'm just not sold on the images of packed Metra trains opening up at 35th Street crawling with Sox fans like the Red Line. But anything that helps the surrounding neighborhood lose it's "scary, ghetto" image (which has already eroded severely in the past 10 years) is fine with me.

I agree, I never envisioned the Metra station being something that would result in a noticeable increase in attendance. I'm pretty sure the station would have been built even if the Sox were not there. It is a convenience, especially for day games, but I think most people will avoid it for night games because of the scheduling post-game.

I am sure they are aware that the Yankees saw a MAJOR drop in garage revenue when this station opened 2 years ago,,,

Did the Yankees have convenient public trans before this station opened? The Metra station would not effect the parking revenues of the Sox, there are already two heavily used train lines feeding Comiskey.

Now, if the Metra allowed Weber Grills to be fired up and Cornhole games to be played on their trains......:wink:

Fenway
03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Did the Yankees have convenient public trans before this station opened? The Metra station would not effect the parking revenues of the Sox, there are already two heavily used train lines feeding Comiskey.

Now, if the Metra allowed Weber Grills to be fired up and Cornhole games to be played on their trains......:wink:

Yankee Stadium has one of the busiest SUBWAY stations in the entire system 8,410,256 Metrocard swipes a year (35th in the system)

http://www.mta.info/nyct/facts/ridership/ridership_sub.htm

But that was of no use to people living outside the city itself. NOW you can get on Metro-North in Westchester and Connecticut and go right in - and also a quick trip from Grand Central. The subway stations in the upper Bronx were not really an option as they have no parking, but Metro-North does.

This what makes the Metro-North work
Frequent Shuttle Service via Grand Central Terminal/Harlem-125th Street is provided during or after all games connecting to regularly scheduled service to outlying points. In addition, Post-Game Direct Trains are provided for all games, except the 1:05 PM weekday games. Schedules for these Game Trains (marked in the timetable with Y or Z) will be subject to adjustment depending on when the game ends (see Post-Game Direct Trains section). Departure times will begin approximately 20 minutes after the final out, with the last direct train departing about 45 minutes after the final out. For details view our game day train schedules.

Cat Thief
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
For south suburbanites it's a no brainer. $23 to park + gas + traffic or $14 for two adults and two kids for a low stress ride to and from the game with access to bathrooms! Not only will people in towns along the Rock Island use it but others who would usually drive from Oak Lawn, Evergreen, Alsip, Orland even as far as Palos and Chicago Ridge will take it.

I'm in Oak Lawn and I'm not too excited about having to drive to Beverly to catch this train, leave my car there and return around 11p. Maybe it's just me. I originally thought it was the SWS line that would be stopping there.

:dunno:

Gavin
03-01-2011, 02:28 PM

First, the Rock Island Line doesn't go to one of the major downtown transit centers, it goes to LaSalle St., so that takes care of everyone from the NW or Western suburbs, unless you can see a bunch of suburbanites walking around downtown at 10 PM (I cannot).

LaSalle to Union really isn't that far (10 minute walk?). LaSalle to Ogilvie is.

doublem23
03-01-2011, 02:50 PM
LaSalle to Union really isn't that far (10 minute walk?). LaSalle to Ogilvie is.

It's not but I still don't see a bunch of people from the Northwest and North suburbs walking the streets of the Loop at 10-11 PM.

Fenway
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Just curious - the tracks to the west of The Cell are used by Amtrak - do any Metra lines use them?

Cat Thief
03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
SWS Line

doublem23
03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Just curious - the tracks to the west of The Cell are used by Amtrak - do any Metra lines use them?

1 does, the SW Line to Manhattan

Hitmen77
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
SWS Line

1 does, the SW Line to Manhattan

I heard Metra's plan is to eventually switch the SWS line over so that it runs on the tracks east of the park (the ones with the new Metra station).

eriqjaffe
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
It's not but I still don't see a bunch of people from the Northwest and North suburbs walking the streets of the Loop at 10-11 PM.Of course, I can take Metra to Jefferson Park and transfer to the Blue Line without having to leave the station. ;)

Cat Thief
03-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I heard Metra's plan is to eventually switch the SWS line over so that it runs on the tracks east of the park (the ones with the new Metra station).

I hope you heard right.

mrfourni
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM

That's correct. In one of their newsletters they said the plan was to connect the SWS line at 75th street and run on the Rock Island tracks.

I'm hoping that the recent report of how dangerous the bowels of Union Station are will accelerate this project.

doublem23
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Of course, I can take Metra to Jefferson Park and transfer to the Blue Line without having to leave the station. ;)

I'm always surprised to find how few people know about that.

DumpJerry
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Now for the next project:

A helicopter pad.:D:

soxfan2504
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM

:bandance::bandance::bandance:
That's not quite true.........at best, it can be described as a partial truth. I assume he/she was referring to the SouthEast Service, which would serve Dolton, South Holland, Thornton, Chicago Heights, etc, on its way to Balmoral Park. Close to NWI, but not quite there. Certainly more convenient than the Rock for people in NWI.

SouthEast Service:
http://metraconnects.metrarail.com/ses.php

Metra only does commuter rail service in NE Illinois, and could never legally run service into NWI. That's the responsibility of the agency that runs the South Shore.

I'm in Oak Lawn and I'm not too excited about having to drive to Beverly to catch this train, leave my car there and return around 11p. Maybe it's just me. I originally thought it was the SWS line that would be stopping there.

:dunno:

I think the main reason the location on the Rock Island Line was chosen because it allows for easier connections to the 'L', as it's wedged between the Red and Green Lines. Not to mention that the Rock has much better ridership numbers than the SWS (largely due to more trains per day), so it's more likely to be well utilized if put on that line.

That's correct. In one of their newsletters they said the plan was to connect the SWS line at 75th street and run on the Rock Island tracks.

I'm hoping that the recent report of how dangerous the bowels of Union Station are will accelerate this project.

The gap between the SWS and the Rock is no more than a block at 7500 South. Basically, this would require a 2-block flyover to be built from 7500 S Union (at 700 West) to 75th and Normal (at 500 West). Railroad property exists up to 600 West at 7500 South, so this would require only one block of demolition.

Put in the address "533 W 75th St" in any old mapping service, with aerial view, to see what I mean.

doublem23
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Now for the next project:

A helicopter pad.:D:

I was hoping it would be the 8-lane superhighway from my front door to Gate 2.

:(:

chisoxfanatic
03-01-2011, 07:05 PM

There's an easy way for you to have convenience in getting to Sox games...Move to Bridgeport! We don't bite. :cool:

Fenway
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Move here
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4756617918_e92f9bd77e_z.jpg

soxfan2504
03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
For anyone who's interested, here's the website for the project that's supposed to involve the relocation of SouthWest Service trains onto the RI tracks north of 75th Street, the 75th Street Corridor Improvement Project:
http://www.75thcip.org/index.html

soxfan2504
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
And for what it's worth, to the best of my knowledge, the relocation of the SWS to the Rock Island tracks is intended as a means to better use capacity at Lasalle Street, and open up more space at Union Station for intercity rail service (i.e. Amtrak).

Don't know if this goes into the whole high speed rail stuff, as I believe the facilities at Union are insufficent to handle potential HSR routes. I could be wrong though.

ghostface36
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
whats wrong with Union station besides the cab drivers?

doublem23
03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
whats wrong with Union station besides the cab drivers?

Metra trains are still diesel engines for some reason, so the air is basically poison.

Fenway
03-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Metra trains are still diesel engines for some reason, so the air is basically poison.

Amtrak is non-electric as well ( they are electric from Boston to DC and west to Harrisburg )

Hitmen77
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Yes. The train platform at Union is essentially (though not entirely) enclosed. When train engines sit there and idle as they wait to depart, they spew their noxious exhaust and there's no good ventilation to get rid of that exhaust. So it works its way into nearby passenger cars.

If you get on some passenger cars that are parked near other engines, you'll see that it actually looks hazy inside the car. :o:

The Trib did a report on this about a month or two ago and found appalling amounts of noxious pollutants in the air in some Metra cars.

roylestillman
03-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Well, this may delay the opening of the 35th Street Station a bit:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-03/59997138.jpg

It appears that the upcoming movie Source Code blows up a Metra train at 35th Street.

skobabe8
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM

It appears that the upcoming movie Source Code blows up a Metra train at 35th Street.

Not if Jake Gyllenhaal has anything to say about it.

ewokpelts
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
I watched the trailer for that recently. i dont think the cell's in any of the wide shots.

eriqjaffe
03-11-2011, 12:21 PM
The stop will be running by opening day, and Metra will be posting a scheudle on their site today.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/local/chibrknews-metra-to-open-new-white-sox-rail-stop-20110311,0,259501.story?track=rss&utm_term=Chicago+Breaking+News&utm_content=Up-to-the-minute+news+from+ChicagoBreakingNews.com&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WhiffleBall
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
The stop will be running by opening day, and Metra will be posting a scheudle on their site today.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/local/chibrknews-metra-to-open-new-white-sox-rail-stop-20110311,0,259501.story?track=rss&utm_term=Chicago+Breaking+News&utm_content=Up-to-the-minute+news+from+ChicagoBreakingNews.com&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

On a related note the sox are going to let season ticket holders sell their parking passes at stubhub:

Please note: At this time you are unable to post your parking passes for resale, but we expect to add that functionality in the coming weeks. Once that is enabled we will notify all Season Ticket Holders via email.

Jerko
03-11-2011, 01:17 PM

I wait for the bus right where that flaming train car is landing.

MeteorsSox4367
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I wait for the bus right where that flaming train car is landing.

I drive underneath the viaduct on 33rd and LaSalle every morning on my way to work. I hope I don't end up with any flaming embers on my car.

Fenway
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Most important sentence in that article

Metra will run extra trains to accommodate fans for home games, according to the agency.

GoSox2K3
03-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Most important sentence in that article

Metra will run extra trains to accommodate fans for home games, according to the agency.

WRONG! Haven't you heard? Metra never makes schedule accommodations and this certainly won't happen. :rolleyes:

Fenway
03-11-2011, 02:25 PM
New METRA schedule

http://metrarail.com/content/dam/metra/documents/Rock%20Island%20Schedule03102011.pdf

Metra will increase its service on game days to accommodate White Sox fans. For weekday afternoon games, an extra outbound train will leave the station after the final out. For weekday evening games, Train 531 (departing LaSalle St. at 11:15 p.m.) will have more cars, and an extra outbound all-stop train will operate about 30 minutes after the last out. For weekend games, an inbound extra train will arrive at the station about an hour before the first pitch, and an outbound extra will operate about 30 minutes after the final out.

FielderJones
03-11-2011, 02:47 PM
http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/utility_landing/newsroom/newsroom/metra_to_open_newstationat35thstintimeforwhitesoxh omeopenerrocki.html