PDA

View Full Version : Holes to fill on the roster

AzureJazzMan
11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/plenty-of-room-on-soxs-40-man-roster.html

Considering that they have 9 available spots on the 40 man roster, I am wondering how much will be filled via Free Agency, Rule 5, in house prospects, or trades.

There's lots of homework for KW this offseason and now that the meetings are getting underway we should know something soon. Right? :redneck

DirtySox
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
There's lots of homework for KW this offseason and now that the meetings are getting underway we should know something soon. Right? :redneck

Eh. Unless it's a trade or the signing of a marginal player, we likely won't see any movement until after the 23rd.

Lip Man 1
11-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Williams was quoted as saying the Sox team may look exactly the same after the G.M. meetings end. He doesn't appear to be in a hurry wanting to listen to offers, see how the market is going, get his probable payroll for 2011 and see what areas need to be filled.

Lip

DonnieDarko
11-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Doubtful that we resign Konerko and Pierzynski, though.

stevemcstud
11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
I can see us signing VMart and then Damon to a year deal, then move Dayan over to first.

That would improve the offense and the defense in the outfield, Damon may be older, but he is a hell of a lot better in the field than TCQ, plus TCQ can play the field to give damon a break every once in a while.

Chez
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I can see us signing VMart and then Damon to a year deal, then move Dayan over to first.

That would improve the offense and the defense in the outfield, Damon may be older, but he is a hell of a lot better in the field than TCQ, plus TCQ can play the field to give damon a break every once in a while.

You can't play Johnny Damon and Juan Pierre in the same outfield. Both are leftfielders.

Sargeant79
11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
You can't play Johnny Damon and Juan Pierre in the same outfield. Both are leftfielders.

They're also both not good outfielders.

KMcMahon817
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
They're also both not good outfielders.

Give credit where credit is due. Juanny was not supposed to be a good defensive outfielder, and many here bitched and moaned that he would be awful. But, he was far from it. He may not be the prettiest outfielder in the game, but he is just fine out there in LF.

DirtySox
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Give credit where credit is due. Juanny was not supposed to be a good defensive outfielder, and many here bitched and moaned that he would be awful. But, he was far from it. He may not be the prettiest outfielder in the game, but he is just fine out there in LF.

I think most Juan bitching was about his arm. That was/is my only qualm really.

Noneck
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM

I think he is the best regular LFer in a very long time. Better than Quentin, Pod and Lee. Who was before that? Belle, Phillips?

stevemcstud
11-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I think most Juan bitching was about his arm. That was/is my only qualm really.

What he doesn't have in his arm he more than makes up for in his range with his speed.

There was only 2 or 3 balls this season that I thought "he should of had that" and more than 2 or 3 when I said "I am shocked he got that"

JermaineDye05
11-18-2010, 11:38 PM

I really don't see us signing Victor, unless he's being signed as a first baseman. I feel like Kenny's really gonna try and upgrade the defense this offseason more than the offense.

Sargeant79
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM

You got a point. Noodle arm notwithstanding, he did better out there than I expected this year. I still wouldn't exactly call him a good defensive outfielder though.

Frater Perdurabo
11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
You got a point. Noodle arm notwithstanding, he did better out there than I expected this year. I still wouldn't exactly call him a good defensive outfielder though.

He can go get it; he just can't throw it.