Fenway
11-15-2010, 07:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5810420

mzh
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
:violin:

LongLiveFisk
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, someone has to pay for that $1.5 billion ballpark.

Fenway
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM

You have no idea what that place is like

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2030619&id=1014362077&l=f095b4a7cb

Foulke You
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
:violin:
Agreed. It's not like the money isn't put back out in the field.

DumpJerry
11-15-2010, 10:59 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:E0wA8y8HzrrzAM:http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/67/full/hx1e7lwmayecgb6h4gg5t4rz6.gif&t=1

DSpivack
11-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Am I reading that article right? Their bleacher seats are either $5 [assuming out past the monuments so not that near the OF, or in the top deck in RF?], or $12-$15?

SephClone89
11-16-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm going for a game this summer with some friends, so hopefully we can find some cheaper tickets.

doublem23
11-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Am I reading that article right? Their bleacher seats are either $5 [assuming out past the monuments so not that near the OF, or in the top deck in RF?], or $12-$15?

I think the bleacher seats that are $5 have extremely obstructed views of the field.

Fenway
11-16-2010, 06:37 AM
I think the bleacher seats that are $5 have extremely obstructed views of the field.

When they built the sports bar in CF they created obstructed views in the bleachers

MOD EDIT: Perhaps try finding an image that isn't 4000 pixels x 3000 pixels. Sheesh.

asindc
11-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm going for a game this summer with some friends, so hopefully we can find some cheaper tickets.

Word of advice from someone who tried this past season and got stuck with expensive LF bleacher seats: Buy in advance, even if the "transaction fees" cost more than the tickets themselves. The local NYY fans tend to snap up the cheap seats before game day.

Red Barchetta
11-16-2010, 08:33 AM
You have no idea what that place is like

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2030619&id=1014362077&l=f095b4a7cb

I love those colonnades on the outside of the ballpark. Too bad Comiskey II/US Cellular designers didn't have a similar outside "wall" with Old Comiskey-like windows so that the stairs/ramps/escalators, etc. could be inside the park and not the eyesore attachments they are in current form.

However, I guess JR didn't have the $1.5B budget the Boss did. :(:

Fenway
11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
Word of advice from someone who tried this past season and got stuck with expensive LF bleacher seats: Buy in advance, even if the "transaction fees" cost more than the tickets themselves. The local NYY fans tend to snap up the cheap seats before game day.

One little 'secret' about game day in the Bronx.

The NYY box office sends a bunch of unsold high price tickets (as high as $1250 a seat) to a little bar 3 blocks from the Stadium that is owned by members of the NYPD.

For a 'contribution' to the Police Athletic League of roughly $100 you can be sitting in the $1250 seats with tickets restamped COMP.

The $$$$ does go to the PAL. For Red Sox and Mets the contribution is higher.

another source for decent price seats is nyyfans.com which is their WSI -

Whatever you do DON'T DRIVE to the Stadium. The garages may go up to $40 or more in 2011 as the builders of the garages are having trouble repaying the bonds because since Metro-North (NYC's METRA) finally built a station at the Stadium - fans from Westchester and Connecticut are now taking the train in big numbers.The train also runs from Grand Central for fans who want to avoid the subway.

Beer vendors now accept credit cards and for good reason...a sixteen ounce can of PBR goes for $12

asindc
11-16-2010, 09:06 AM
One little 'secret' about game day in the Bronx.

The NYY box office sends a bunch of unsold high price tickets (as high as $1250 a seat) to a little bar 3 blocks from the Stadium that is owned by members of the NYPD.

For a 'contribution' to the Police Athletic League of roughly $100 you can be sitting in the $1250 seats with tickets restamped COMP.

The $$$$ does go to the PAL. For Red Sox and Mets the contribution is higher.

another source for decent price seats is nyyfans.com which is their WSI -

Whatever you do DON'T DRIVE to the Stadium. The garages may go up to $40 or more in 2011 as the builders of the garages are having trouble repaying the bonds because since Metro-North (NYC's METRA) finally built a station at the Stadium - fans from Westchester and Connecticut are now taking the train in big numbers.The train also runs from Grand Central for fans who want to avoid the subway.

Beer vendors now accept credit cards and for good reason...a sixteen ounce can of PBR goes for $12

When I parked directly across the street from the park last season it was $25, which I considered reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Fenway
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
When I parked directly across the street from the park last season it was $25, which I considered reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Since they opened the Metro-North station I use that now...it isn't the parking issue but I-95 from New Haven to the Bronx is a horror show. Metro-North owns the tracks from New Haven to New Rochelle and you just happily look out the window at the traffic. Stamford station always has parking and is right off 95

Also having Massachusetts Red Sox plates in the Bronx can cause problems :tongue:

Hitmen77
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM

....and that $213,000,000 payroll. That's the price of a pretty much guaranteed playoff spot every year.

I don't fault the Yankees for charging what they can and for putting their earnings into payroll, but there is no way most other teams could get sell many tickets at anything close to those prices.