PDA

View Full Version : Konerko's status

balboner
06-29-2002, 01:47 AM
Leave it to the Tribune to try and ruin the good mood of Sox fans. In tomorrow's paper, there is a long article about the Sox's financial status. Included in this article is the possibility that Konerko would get traded in the offseason to save money. I would bet a lot of money that there's no way Paul-ie is leaving. He is quickly becoming not only the best player in the city, but a fan fave. W/the amount of money we'll save by getting rid of some bums, I figure we'll be able to afford Konerko's new contract

DVG
06-29-2002, 02:09 AM
I'm not surprised at all that Philly Rog wrote this article. It reads
like something that that slimy little worm Bayless would have
written. It is also pure, irresponsible crap. But they have planted
the seed, which is what counts. Score one for the Cub propa-
ganda rag.

sox_fan_forever
06-29-2002, 10:41 AM
The last thing I needed to see this morning was that article but I wouldn't let it down my spirits. And I thought of the same thing, balboner. I figured with all the guys that will be gone after this year it should be no problem about Paulie. Of course what should and what will happen are entirely different things with this team.

BearSox
06-29-2002, 01:06 PM
Konerko should be a sure resigning, i'm more worried about losing Buehrle with Reinsdorfs history with pitchers and big contracts.

Next years line up:

Willie Davis 2B
Jose Valentin SS
Frank Thomas DH
Magglio Ordonez RF
Paul Konerko 1B
Joe Borchard CF
Carlos Lee LF
Joe Crede 3B
Mark Johnson/Josh Paul C

Iguana775
06-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Konerko should be a sure resigning, i'm more worried about losing Buehrle with Reinsdorfs history with pitchers and big contracts.

Next years line up:

Willie Davis 2B
Jose Valentin SS
Frank Thomas DH
Magglio Ordonez RF
Paul Konerko 1B
Joe Borchard CF
Carlos Lee LF
Joe Crede 3B
Mark Johnson/Josh Paul C

Willie Davis?? you mean Willie Harris, i believe.

BearSox
06-29-2002, 01:19 PM
My fault, i meant Willie Harris or "Comiskey Willie" or "Cooperstown Willie" like they were chanting at spring training this year

cornball
06-29-2002, 01:28 PM
The timing of the article is too funny...and they all wonder why the preception of Sox fans is to be negative....

I think the lineup will be much different than posted...i dont C Lee in left ...rather Borchard and i find it had to believe Valentin would be a regular at short....and catching will not be the same either...thats what i think

Too bad there is not a market for Frank...but there are 10 million reasons