PDA

View Full Version : Was there a good reason to take Ginter out?

RedPinStripes
06-28-2002, 10:00 PM
I didn't get to see the game. I was working and got to listen to bits and pieces. I heard Ginter didn't give up a hit so Jerry took him out so he could use up 6 pitchers for the hell of it as usual. Is this accurate? Or was there a good reason to take him out?

Either way, SOx win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't stand the way Manuel over manages the bullpen and undermanages the lineup. The reason this gets to me eventhough they won is, this bullpen is tired now and they didn't have to be used . We might need them tomorrow or Sunday. Just my thoughts.

:firejerry

:firenardi

baggio202
06-28-2002, 10:04 PM
DJ said he expects ginter to move into the starting rotation right now..it could be jerry didnt want him to pitch too much if he plans on starting him in place of glover...or maybe ritchie:)...nah , we couldnt get that lucky

chisoxfanatic
06-29-2002, 01:45 AM
baggio,

Did DJ say when they'd be doing this? My thoughts are that maybe the all star break should be the time JM tinkers with our starting pitching rotation.

Heather the Redbird

jklm
06-29-2002, 01:54 AM
JM's reason

Manager Jerry Manuel said Ginter was very impressive.

"A young pitcher, being thrown out there to get some innings for us, he performed very well," Manuel said. "We were thinking of letting him pitch the seventh, but he sat a long time in the bottom of the sixth."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-020628soxside.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadlines

CLR01
06-29-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I didn't get to see the game. I was working and got to listen to bits and pieces. I heard Ginter didn't give up a hit so Jerry took him out so he could use up 6 pitchers for the hell of it as usual. Is this accurate? Or was there a good reason to take him out?

Either way, SOx win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't stand the way Manuel over manages the bullpen and undermanages the lineup. The reason this gets to me eventhough they won is, this bullpen is tired now and they didn't have to be used . We might need them tomorrow or Sunday. Just my thoughts.

:firejerry

:firenardi

Oh give it a f-n break. The only two pitchers that should be unavalible tomorrow are Ginter and Foulke and maybe Marte. Three of them threw less than 10 pitches if they cant come back out again tomorrow then they need a new conditioning program. Osuna had the week off so there should be no reason why he cant pitch tomorrow. The have a off day monday they can rest then.

kevingrt
06-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Maybe we want him ready for today's game???

But did it matter though, NO

RedPinStripes
06-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Oh give it a f-n break. The only two pitchers that should be unavalible tomorrow are Ginter and Foulke and maybe Marte. Three of them threw less than 10 pitches if they cant come back out again tomorrow then they need a new conditioning program. Osuna had the week off so there should be no reason why he cant pitch tomorrow. The have a off day monday they can rest then.

So you agree with using pitchers for the hell of it huh? Osuna goes 3 innings today and i didn't have a problem with it. Jerry didn't have to think too much. That's a good thing. I never understood why a lefty can't face a righty after the 7th inning. That's Jerry's normal strategy, but not today! I'd like to see Osuna as the closer and go 2 innings per save. And i liked how he pissed off Sosa. HA!