PDA

View Full Version : Score Reports that Baylor...

Viva Magglio
06-28-2002, 10:51 PM
...is going to be fired as early as next week.

Daver
06-28-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

If it is possible,I have LESS respect for the score than I do ESPN for accuracy on reporting anything.

voodoochile
06-28-2002, 11:01 PM

I think most flubbie fans will jump up and down and sing a song of joy if/when this happens. My buddy stopped watching games a few weeks ago and really didn't want to go to today's game...

"I was out, and they sucked me back in..."
"Someone must have woke up Baylor..."

Direct quotes from my friend the second when he came to get Boy BB out of the game...

Procol Harum
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I think most flubbie fans will jump up and down and sing a song of joy if/when this happens.

While manager-baiting is a feature of life in fandom, do you find that Cub fans are particularly prone to blame their managers for all their team's ills? Not to defend Baylor, because from what I can see, he's stealing money from the Tribune. Nonetheless, I have observed over the years that Cub fans tend to pile on their manager as opposed to ragging on their players, the front office), (although this seems to be increasing), the Tribune, etc., etc. Sox fans by contrast, seem to set their sights on everybody from the pitching staff, to the owner to the ticket tearers. Anybody else notice this?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-29-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
While manager-baiting is a feature of life in fandom, do you find that Cub fans are particularly prone to blame their managers for all their team's ills? Not to defend Baylor, because from what I can see, he's stealing money from the Tribune. Nonetheless, I have observed over the years that Cub fans tend to pile on their manager as opposed to ragging on their players, the front office), (although this seems to be increasing), the Tribune, etc., etc. Sox fans by contrast, seem to set their sights on everybody from the pitching staff, to the owner to the ticket tearers. Anybody else notice this?

You'll get no argument from me. Flubbie fans are loathe to ever blame their heroes in the baby bear pajamas. In fact, I think it's physically impossible for them to speak ill of any Flubs player with a nickname that ends in with "y", "ie", or "o". :smile:

God, cutting up on these people is just too easy.

:gulp:

alohafri
06-29-2002, 09:02 AM

It'll never happen. These clowns think they are still in the race. Why fire your manager when you are in the middle of a pennant race?

:KW If they fire him, I'm all over that man!

voodoochile
06-29-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Given the qualiy of mangers the flubbies have had through the years, it isn't hard to see why they do it. Still, they have had some of the worst continuity of any team in the league. What's the longest any manger has managed the flubbies in the last 20 years? Riggleman for 4? Even then, he made the playoffs and promptly got fired the next season when things didn't go perfectly. It's been a long standing problem with that team. Still, this time they happen to be correct Baylor needs to go. He sucks big time...

duke of dorwood
06-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by daver

If it is possible,I have LESS respect for the score than I do ESPN for accuracy on reporting anything.

It's definately possible. The Score is radios answer to the Weekly World News

ISUSoxfan
06-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

The Score is radios answer to the Weekly World News
LOL!

RKMeibalane
06-29-2002, 05:41 PM
I for one won't be sorry to see Dumb Failure go. His firing would only further validate our argument that the Cubs are the biggest joke in professional sports. Think about it. There are three teams who have fired their manager's this baseball season (Milwaukee, Detroit, Kansas City), and they are each among the worst teams in their respective leagues. It would be appropriate for the Cubs to end up in that group.