PDA

View Full Version : Morneau lobbies for more hitter-friendly dimensions at Target Field

MtGrnwdSoxFan
11-12-2010, 05:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5796135

Yeah, because the Twins would have ran away with the World Series title if the fences were pushed in a bit.

The Twins had the best home record in the league, and some of the best home pitching numbers. You think maybe, just maybe, the fences being so hard to reach may have played into the pitchers' success at Target Field just a bit?

But yeah, keep making excuses, Morneau. If there's anything the Twins are better at than choking when the chips are down, it's excuse-concocting.

Now watch, MLB will demand the fences be pushed in.

soltrain21
11-12-2010, 05:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5796135

Yeah, because the Twins would have ran away with the World Series title if the fences were pushed in a bit.

The Twins had the best home record in the league, and some of the best home pitching numbers. You think maybe, just maybe, the fences being so hard to reach may have played into the pitchers' success at Target Field just a bit?

But yeah, keep making excuses, Morneau. If they're anything better the Twins are at than choking when the chips are down, it's excuse-concocting.

Now watch, MLB will demand the fences be pushed in.

Meh. It would matter to both teams....soooooo what issue are you taking with it?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Meh. It would matter to both teams....soooooo what issue are you taking with it?

Morneau said that the hitters on the Twins gleaned bad habits from trying to hit to the fences, and that they took those habits on the road.

I could care less if they move them in or not, but it just sounds like typical Twinkie excuse-making to me.

DumpJerry
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The Twins spent the whole season whining about their inability to go yard at home all season. Good thing they did not play baseball 100+ years ago where some parks (like South Side for our White Sox) have fences approaching 600 feet deep.

The headscratcher in the article is the 4-6 millions dollars in improvements in a one year old ballpark. What needs to be improved????? The bullpen?

LoveYourSuit
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I thought longer fences were suppose to keep you out of bad habbits :scratch:

hi im skot
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
:whiner:

TommyJohn
11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
The Twins? Whining and crying about something?

Noooooooooooo! I simply refuse to believe that the Twins would whine and cry and make excuses! It just isn't so! Take that back! Mom!

SoxandtheCityTee
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I think you've all misunderstood. Morneau wants the distance between home plate and the mound shortened, as all the walking out there is wearing Mauer out, weakening his offensive production, thus dragging everybody down.

ChiSoxGal85
11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I think you've all misunderstood. Morneau wants the distance between home plate and the mound shortened, as all the walking out there is wearing Mauer out, weakening his offensive production, thus dragging everybody down.
:rolling: I just about spit my dinner on my keyboard!

Hitmen77
11-12-2010, 09:22 PM
:violin:

SOXSINCE'70
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
To paraphrase comedian Artie Lange,
"Wah,Wah,Wah" . Sounds like sour grapes, IMO.

ChiSoxGirl
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

11-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Very difficult for lefties to hit opposite field HR's? Apparently Justin wiped this one from the ALDS from his memory.

Well, um, it wasn't the twins, so it doesn't count!

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12768539&topic_id=14871540&c_id=mlb

Gavin
11-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Who cares?

tstrike2000
11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
The Twins were also an MLB best 53-28 at home. Morneau needs to worry more about not getting another concussion instead of how far the fences are.