PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle On PK, AJ

Lip Man 1
11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/buehrle-sees-better-chance-of-aj-returning.html

The other very interesting note is Mark Kotsay's comments on whom the Sox are going after: Dunn, Fielder, Huff and PK. They are trying to get a left handed bat and keep PK.

Lip

DumpJerry
11-09-2010, 07:03 PM
How would Kotsay know whom the Sox are targeting? Did he replace Rick Hahn?

JermaineDye05
11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
How would Kotsay know whom the Sox are targeting? Did he replace Rick Hahn?

Maybe he said it in jest and someone took it out of context. That wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

Domeshot17
11-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Kotsay may have been told he won't be back as they want a lefty who can actually hit the ball better then a little leaguer.

It is sad in a way, AJ is very replacable, Konerko for many reasons is a guy you hope would retire in Black and White, but who can blame him for wanting to move on.

NLaloosh
11-10-2010, 12:25 PM
They would be best off letting A.J. go and then they could afford to sign Konerko, Victor Martinez and Huff.

Then, they will have 2 good left handed bats and they are both much cheaper than Dunn and Fielder. Plus, they don't have to give up any talent to get them. Also, they are better defensively and have much more flexibility as Martinez can catch and play 1B. Huff can play RF, LF, 1B and 3B.

This would also allow the Sox to play Castro more behind the plate and Tyler Flowers gets more time to develop and is good insurance.

Pierre LF
Rios CF
Martinez C
Konerko 1B
Huff DH
Quentin RF
Ramirez SS
Beckham 2B
Morel 3B

Helluva a good lineup. A bench of Vizquel, Jones, Teahen and Castro.

That would work!

MUsoxfan
11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I suspect that if the Sox are even in the ballpark of other offers, then PK would stay with the Sox

WhiteSox5187
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
They would be best off letting A.J. go and then they could afford to sign Konerko, Victor Martinez and Huff.

Then, they will have 2 good left handed bats and they are both much cheaper than Dunn and Fielder. Plus, they don't have to give up any talent to get them. Also, they are better defensively and have much more flexibility as Martinez can catch and play 1B. Huff can play RF, LF, 1B and 3B.

This would also allow the Sox to play Castro more behind the plate and Tyler Flowers gets more time to develop and is good insurance.

Pierre LF
Rios CF
Martinez C
Konerko 1B
Huff DH
Quentin RF
Ramirez SS
Beckham 2B
Morel 3B

Helluva a good lineup. A bench of Vizquel, Jones, Teahen and Castro.

That would work!

Victor Martinez is a catcher in name only.

dickallen15
11-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with Phil Rogers. If KW had the money to spend on Konerko and another hitter, he at least would have made an attempt to sign Paulie when he had exclusivity. Maybe he did, but usually those things come out. Buerhle doesn't seem too optimistic and I think he would know a little more about the situation than most.

soxlady8
11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
The way that PK finished off the year chatting w reporters made me believe he did not WANT to be back with the Sox. Perhaps he is sick of all the KW and Ozzie drama. If not that , something else turned him off from continuing his career w the Sox.

I do think that AJ might be back. I do believe AJ wants to play here !!

It will break my heart if PK isn't here and is in another uniform , but what can one do ?? My heart still breaks seeing Thome in a Twinkies uni.

Life does go on though !