PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the start of the turnaround?

Viva Magglio
06-28-2002, 10:24 PM
This mother of all comeback victories was amazing. I think it's possible that it could spark a turnaround and really get us going at Minnesota. Keep in mind that we are facing sub-.500 opponents in the immediate interim. We could capitalize.

In 2000, I thought we really didn't get going until Jeff Abbott's home run to beat Minnesota in a Saturday night game. Could this have the same effect?

cheeses_h_rice
06-28-2002, 10:32 PM
I think there is a chance this game could be a catalyst.

For one, you have the pitchers, now knowing that they HAVE to perform better whenever they go out there. We had clutch relief pitching today, which saved our asses, but 9 times out of 10, we lose that game.

For another, you have guys like Thomas, Valentin and Lee watching what PK does and knowing that they are capable of something better within themselves.

Thirdly, they've proven today they can come back big against a big natural rival in front of a huge audience, and hold on to win.

Fourthly, the overall never-give-up effort shown today is an enormous change from the corpseball we've seen this team display all too often this year. This is on top of a fiercely-fought, competitive series with the Twinks.

I hope the Sox are "waking up and smelling the coffee," as it were. They're not done yet.

:gulp:

mrwag
06-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Time will tell, but I think we saw a different team leave Minnesota. There's a little bit more fire in their eyes. Maybe the fiasco in Minnesota woke up the sleeping giant. I sure hope so. A month ago this team would not have done what they did today.

gdcobb
06-28-2002, 11:22 PM
I feel it in my bones - This is it. The big Turnaround. I just hope it continues past the All Star break. If you are a potential opponent, that was a very impressive offensive display. Konerko - that was a special day. Great. I am psyched. Oh for a sweep.
A good start by Garland would feel just right. Pitch the kids every five days and they will get stronger and stronger. By fall they will be ready.

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2002, 01:51 AM
Finally, a big come-from-behind win, and against the Cubs makes it even better. This is definitely the type of win that can turn a season around. Let's see what happens.