PDA

View Full Version : Watched the 1993 AL West Division clinching game today and it was the loudest I ever

ChiSoxLuke
06-28-2002, 09:29 PM
heard new Comiskey on tv. Wimpy was a jackass but it was a cool ass game. The Bo Jackson home run was definitely the best moment. Ellis Burks clinching the last out was a close second. Anybody else see it?

Go Sox!!!!!

Good God Kirk McKasKill got the save in that game. I completely forgot about that guy. Alot like Foulke, control wise.

mrwag
06-28-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxLuke
heard new Comiskey on tv. Wimpy was a jackass but it was a cool ass game. The Bo Jackson home run was definitely the best moment. Ellis Burks clinching the last out was a close second. Anybody else see it?

Go Sox!!!!!

Good God Kirk McKasKill got the save in that game. I completely forgot about that guy. Alot like Foulke, control wise.

Hell yea, I saw it. In fact, I was there! It was the most awsome baseball experience of my life. I went with a bunch of friends and I chose that date a week before. I was praying that the Sox wouldn't sweep the double-header the night before, and they split. That Bo Jackson homerun was unreal. It looked like a pop-up to the third baseman, but it just kept on carrying. I remember it being up OVER the upper-deck roof too. A seriously high major-league fly ball.

Truly a night I'll never forget. It was much better than watching them clinch in Minnesota in 2000, which I happened to attend as well :> But in Minnesota, due to the small crowd, I got to see the guys up close, got Foulke's autograph, and high-fived JB and Singleton.

Hope to see you guys at the ballpark the next time they clinch!

Chisox_cali
06-28-2002, 11:06 PM
Dammit! This is like the 3rd time I've missed when they play that game on ESPN Classic. I really wish I had a tape of that :whiner: it is the Chicago Weekend on ESPN Classic and they are gonna show the 2000 Cubs Sox game though so at least I'll remember to watch that.