PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounters of the Woo-Woo Kind

Chisox353014
06-28-2002, 08:13 PM
As some of you may remember, my daily commute unfortunately takes me to the Red line stop at Wrigley Field. Well today, I'm waiting for the Addison bus - feeling great about the Sox' big comeback - and who should come strolling by but Wrigleyville's #1 crackhead/publicity whore Ronnie "Woo-Woo" Wickers. As it would happen, there's another Sox fan there, and he starts razzing him - waving a sock and saying "south side" or something to that effect. Woo-Woo responds lamely by saying "we gave you one today, that's baseball for you". "No, the Cubs just suck!" I say with emphasis as he passes by. Sox fans, the look on his face was something I'll laugh about the rest of my life. He couldn't even come up with a cliche in response, instead slinking away into the el stop. Here he was, dressed in his full (soiled) Cubs uniform, in the shadow of Wrigley Field, being harassed by two Sox fans, looking like he never thought something like that could ever happen. Priceless.
A Sox comeback for the ages and getting to rub it in the face of the world's biggest Cub fan all in the same day....it doesn't get much better than that Sox fans.
good times. :cool:

Soxheads
06-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
As some of you may remember, my daily commute unfortunately takes me to the Red line stop at Wrigley Field. Well today, I'm waiting for the Addison bus - feeling great about the Sox' big comeback - and who should come strolling by but Wrigleyville's #1 crackhead/publicity whore Ronnie "Woo-Woo" Wickers. As it would happen, there's another Sox fan there, and he starts razzing him - waving a sock and saying "south side" or something to that effect. Woo-Woo responds lamely by saying "we gave you one today, that's baseball for you". "No, the Cubs just suck!" I say with emphasis as he passes by. Sox fans, the look on his face was something I'll laugh about the rest of my life. He couldn't even come up with a cliche in response, instead slinking away into the el stop. Here he was, dressed in his full (soiled) Cubs uniform, in the shadow of Wrigley Field, being harassed by two Sox fans, looking like he never thought something like that could ever happen. Priceless.
A Sox comeback for the ages and getting to rub it in the face of the world's biggest Cub fan all in the same day....it doesn't get much better than that Sox fans.
good times. :cool:

Wow! Did you get the urge to just slap him? :D:

cheeses_h_rice
06-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Does Ronnie live "behind the ivy" or what?

:woo-woo

Public! Woo! Urination! Woo!

Public! Woo! Urination! Woo!