PDA

View Full Version : Todd Ricketts on Undercover Boss

g0g0
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Cubs owner Todd Ricketts will be on Undercover Boss this Sunday and supposedly gets fired because he couldn't keep up with the washroom cleaners' pace lolol. Who wouldn't be leery about cleaning those things?!?! He cleans urinals, parks cars and sells hot dogs.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/undercover_boss/video/?pid=YCFtKZ_70OyEMm_dnfdJQGyZkhsffOM_&vs=homepage&play=true

Red Barchetta
11-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Cubs owner Todd Ricketts will be on Undercover Boss this Sunday and supposedly gets fired because he couldn't keep up with the washroom cleaners' pace lolol. Who wouldn't be leery about cleaning those things?!?! He cleans urinals, parks cars and sells hot dogs.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/undercover_boss/video/?pid=YCFtKZ_70OyEMm_dnfdJQGyZkhsffOM_&vs=homepage&play=true

"He cleans urinals, parks cars and sells hot dogs." Hopefully NOT in that order! :D:

spawn
11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Can't wait to watch this!

PatK
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Hopefully, his failure as an employee is a foreshadowing to the future of his ownership

g0g0
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Hopefully, his failure as an employee is a foreshadowing to the future of his ownership

He knows some people think the owners should be working to improve the team, not starring on network TV. His response: "Yes, I am left-handed, but my fastball isn't what it used to be. So I wouldn't have been much help to the team anyway," he says.

Nellie_Fox
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Aren't you pleased to know that the same guys who clean the urinals handle the hot dogs?

soltrain21
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Aren't you pleased to know that the same guys who clean the urinals handle the hot dogs?

On the show the boss works three different jobs usually. I watched the 7/11 one and one night he worked in a store, another night he worked in a shipping facility and the third night he was on a truck delivering stuff.

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
There's not enough bleach in 3 states helping him wash his hands that would make me eat another hot dog in that park. Ever.

ernie14
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
You're supposed to wear gloves whenever you're cleaning a toilet, even in your own house.

Even with the gloves you still better wash those hands. GROSS:puking:

Can't wait to see the show

Viva Medias B's
11-07-2010, 10:30 PM
The hot dog vendor says he buys the hot dogs with his own money and sells them?

thomas35forever
11-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Say what you will about the Ricketts family, but this is definitely something the Tribune Company would have scoffed at doing.

Rockin Robin
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Say what you will about the Ricketts family, but this is definitely something the Tribune Company would have scoffed at doing.

As they should've. This was embarrassing.

What a mickey mouse organization.

DumpJerry
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought it was pretty good. As soon as the grounds crew kid said he just finished school with a Business degree and wants to work the Front Office, you just knew he was heading there pronto.

I thought the food vendors who work the stands work for an independent company and not the team, or is it just the beer vendors who work at all the parks for the same company?

MUsoxfan
11-08-2010, 12:25 AM

I didn't see the show, but I think that's the case. I've heard beer vendors buy the cases, then keep what they make back

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm not calling bull**** on the Cubs, just the show.

Why would a network camera crew be following you around as you powerwash a mens room with a "new employee"? The 1st 2-3 episodes, I get it....but really? Don't get me wrong, I respect everything those people do for a living, the hours they put in, etc.....but how much of this boss fluff bull**** are they going to continue to make?

Reality TV isn't real anymore.

cws05champ
11-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I usually like the show, but there were two things I didn't like about this one:
1) The puke inducing love and lore of everything Wrigley. I know this is what to expect going in so I can't be too put off.
2) Usually this show has CEO going to different jobs in different locations all over the country because the business is so large and diverse. THIS IS ONE LOCATION!! They should be doing this stuff already in trying to make improvements. It's not like they had to travel to Little Rock to some warehouse to figure out something is not working right. Weak! And they had him parking cars, like there are tons of lots around that place, and seriously, how do you screw that up.

If anything this just shows how a lot of people who run large companies never had to really work hard manual labor to earn a living.

g0g0
11-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I didn't see the show, but I think that's the case. I've heard beer vendors buy the cases, then keep what they make back

Yes, it keeps them motivated which is the perfect scenario IMO. If you want to make money then sell your dogs because if you don't you'll eat the cost.

Why would a network camera crew be following you around as you powerwash a mens room with a "new employee"? The 1st 2-3 episodes, I get it....but really? Don't get me wrong, I respect everything those people do for a living, the hours they put in, etc.....but how much of this boss fluff bull**** are they going to continue to make?

I've been wondering the same thing. Why can't they do a hidden camera(s) on him/her? I could see if they taped all of the shows around the same time, but this one was late in the season. Fishy... This was probably one of my least favorite shows, but really what can the show do? I would be surprised if it lasts very long. The best one IMO was the White Castle episode. He seemed really genuine.

I usually like the show, but there were two things I didn't like about this one:
1) The puke inducing love and lore of everything Wrigley. I know this is what to expect going in so I can't be too put off.
2) Usually this show has CEO going to different jobs in different locations all over the country because the business is so large and diverse. THIS IS ONE LOCATION!! They should be doing this stuff already in trying to make improvements. It's not like they had to travel to Little Rock to some warehouse to figure out something is not working right. Weak! And they had him parking cars, like there are tons of lots around that place, and seriously, how do you screw that up.

If anything this just shows how a lot of people who run large companies never had to really work hard manual labor to earn a living.

I think Todd came off a little flaky, but I was happy to see him out there trying. Wrigley is such a cash cow that he could have easily said no to the show and went on with life. But I think this family cares about the team and are willing to help improve it. We'll see in a couple of years when they get a chance to rid themselves of the big contracts.

SOXPHILE
11-08-2010, 10:38 AM

It never was. None of them.

DumpJerry
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, I was left with a question:

1. The Cubs have a parking lot for fans?

I'm surprised he did not tell his siblings to replace the bathroom floor with something easier to wash after the direct comment about what "the Ricketts put in here."

I'm still trying to figure out why he had to take an apartment across the street from the park, it wasn't like he had some of his "co-workers" over for a beer after work. Speaking of beer, why did he have a small fridge for his beer (what was wrong with the one in the kitchen?) and......Old Style??????

dickallen15
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM

I'm surprised he did not tell his siblings to replace the bathroom floor with something easier to wash after the direct comment about what "the Ricketts put in here."

I'm still trying to figure out why he had to take an apartment across the street from the park, it wasn't like he had some of his "co-workers" over for a beer after work. Speaking of beer, why did he have a small fridge for his beer (what was wrong with the one in the kitchen?) and......Old Style??????

You lost me questioning Old Style. What is wrong with Old Style?

ewokpelts
11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
old stale is the only beer i'll drink @ wrigley, cuz i refuse to drink the swill ImBev( budweiser) sells @ wrigley.

thomas35forever
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
The head of Roto Rooter came to my mom's workplace last year. They had all the employees fill out a survey and then I guess they picked one that most needed help. They were told an anniversary video for the company was being produced.

And yes, some aspects of the show are fake. When they cut to the scenes at my mom's workplace, the outside of the place was clearly not it.

MisterB
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
It never was. None of them.

Exactly. If "reality" TV shows were real, they'd be called documentaries.

downstairs
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM

I believe that's been the case forever, in every park. The vendors are essentially independent. Now, the team puts limits on who is allowed to sell what based on senority (probably)... otherwise everyone would sell beer and no one would sell cotton candy.

But yeah, once US Cellular "accepts" you as an "approved" beer or hot dog vendor, I believe you show up, buy beer from THEM at wholesale, and go out and sell it to fans at the approved retail price.

Basically all US Cellular wants is to be a beer and hot dog supplier, its less messy that way for everyone.

Also, I do believe there may be a "buy back" system in place if you don't sell enough- but I don't know. I assume if you don't sell enough hot dogs, you just throw them away and call it a loss. But beer can be kept for weeks obviously.

RadioheadRocks
11-08-2010, 10:20 PM
You lost me questioning Old Style. What is wrong with Old Style?

Swill.

'Nuff said.

StillMissOzzie
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM

I believe they run a parking lot near the old Riverview site on Western and run shuttle buses back and forth. But the sign said $35!!! Last time I drove to USCF, it was $22 and you could walk to your car instead of waiting for a bus to get back to the lot.

SMO
:gulp:

The Immigrant
11-09-2010, 03:37 AM
I think Todd came off a little flaky, but I was happy to see him out there trying.

Toddie LOVES the spotlight! We'll see if that's still the case once the local media stops giving him a free pass.

Frontman
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/The-Cubs-are-one-big-family-except-for-the-peop?urn=mlb-283324

Yeah, hard to not snicker at them now.

soxfan43
11-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm a fan of this show and I thought this was a pretty weak episode on many parts. The suggestions to help the Cubs business were pretty basic, a suggestion box, radios for their maintanence guys and upgrading some of the facilities. You could also tell the other Rickett's siblings don't really take Todd seriously. The other episodes of the show had better back stories for the employees and also they had legitimate ways to help the business run better. This episode just seemed like a PR stunt for the Rickett's and the Cubs. And where in the world was that parking lot he was "working" in?

DumpJerry
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm a fan of this show and I thought this was a pretty weak episode on many parts. The suggestions to help the Cubs business were pretty basic, a suggestion box, radios for their maintanence guys and upgrading some of the facilities. You could also tell the other Rickett's siblings don't really take Todd seriously. The other episodes of the show had better back stories for the employees and also they had legitimate ways to help the business run better. This episode just seemed like a PR stunt for the Rickett's and the Cubs. And where in the world was that parking lot he was "working" in?
I think they were a bit envious of Todd's chance in the spotlight. He ownes a couple of bicycle shops in Winnetka or Highland Park or somewhere like that, so they probably look at him as the low achiever in the group (I think they said he is youngest of the four). There was no mention of his bike shops in the show.

I asked the Cub fan in my office where there is Cub parking. He said it is near the cemetary up Clark Street.

Frontman
11-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I asked the Cub fan in my office where there is Cub parking. He said it is near the cemetary up Clark Street.

So, its right next to the ballpark?

ewokpelts
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I think they were a bit envious of Todd's chance in the spotlight. He ownes a couple of bicycle shops in Winnetka or Highland Park or somewhere like that, so they probably look at him as the low achiever in the group (I think they said he is youngest of the four). There was no mention of his bike shops in the show.

I asked the Cub fan in my office where there is Cub parking. He said it is near the cemetary up Clark Street.They have a lot on irving as well as the catholic charities lot on grace st.