PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Hire Ron Roenicke

ComiskeyBrewer
11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Figured RR to be the Dark Horse out of the 4, with Bobby V being the odds on favorite to win the job. An initial report indicated that Roenicke got the job when negotiations broke down with Bobby Valentine, but folks in Milwaukee Media say that's not true.

Don't know how i feel about this. He has been on the Angels staff for a while, so he hopefully has learned from Mike Scioscia. Oh well, he can't be any worse than Macha or Yost.

PKalltheway
11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Who in the hell is Ron Roenicke? I know you've already answered my question in the aforementioned post, but still, I've never even heard of this guy in my life. What does he bring to the table that Bobby V doesn't? Or did Bobby V pull his name out of the running?

sox1970
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Who in the hell is Ron Roenicke? I know you've already answered my question in the aforementioned post, but still, I've never even heard of this guy in my life. What does he bring to the table that Bobby V doesn't? Or did Bobby V pull his name out of the running?

Gary's brother. :shrug:

downstairs
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I was rooting for Joey Cora, love to see my guys get a chance. And I love Bobby V. But who knows, the "manager out of nowhere" can work... and its always nice to see managers come from outside the "revolving door".

ComiskeyBrewer
11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I was rooting for Joey Cora, love to see my guys get a chance. And I love Bobby V. But who knows, the "manager out of nowhere" can work... and its always nice to see managers come from outside the "revolving door".

Yea, apparently Cora finished 2nd.

doublem23
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Hire Ron Roenicke

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5763606

Balfanman
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Hire Ron Roenicke

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5763606

Okay........Didn't this happen like 3 days ago? :scratch:

DirtySox
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM