PDA

View Full Version : I am gonna go out on a limb.

KempersRS
08-06-2001, 01:06 AM
And say that win for the Tribe sends them into a tear and they smash the Twins into the ground and everyone else and they win the division easy. Since we are all in agreement (almost all) that the season is over, I just thought I'd put in my guess at the winner. Huge win for the Tribe, they go out and win 15 of the next 20.

MarqSox
08-06-2001, 09:16 AM
Maybe this will also send the Mariners reeling and they will limp into the playoffs like the team they really are -- above average but not spectacular. They've been playing WAY over their heads all season, and they've done a fine job, but now it's back to reality.

Bmr31
08-06-2001, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Maybe this will also send the Mariners reeling and they will limp into the playoffs like the team they really are -- above average but not spectacular. They've been playing WAY over their heads all season, and they've done a fine job, but now it's back to reality.

Yes they are playing way way above their heads but they may not realize it until they have a ring.

voodoochile
08-06-2001, 10:26 AM
Yeah.... THAT's going to happen...

Come on... Have you checked out the Tribe starters? The Team Starter's ERA is over 5.6 for the season... Burba's most recent fiasco put his ERA at 6.65... Just to clarify, those are NOT good stats. Beside that, their schedule is brutal for the next 5 weeks. They play one team that is out of the playoff chase completely and that is Texas, who has an excellent offense if nothing else and has been playing .500 ball since May (roughly). Meanwhile Minnesota plays 3 teams like that for the rest of the year. Granted, Cleveland plays Minnesota for 12 games,. but if the Twins can come close to splitting those games, they should run away with the division.

If there is one thing their series against Oakland and Seattle has shown it is that the Tribe's starters are just plain bad. Colon is the only semi-reliable arm they have and he has an ERA over 4.0. They are in for a rude awakening in the next few weeks, IMO. I've been wrong before, but the only way Cleveland goes on a tear is if they start hitting .350 as a team, because their starters just flat suck...

Bmr31
08-06-2001, 10:49 AM
Clevelands pitching is AWFUL, and i doubt very highly they can go on any extended winning streak, because of it. IF only the sox were healthy.......