PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm back from the game...

Streets
06-28-2002, 07:49 PM
It basically started off with me being pissed and writing "Clayton sucks" on my towel after the bum committed that error. Once the comeback started everyone just erupted and came alive in the stands. There were so many awesome Sox fans around me, everyone just sticking together as Sox fans and cheering the team on. PK kicks the scrubbies ass and Frank just missed a grand slam. I believe there was a fight of sorts on the left side...didn't really see to much. Other than that, it was people chanting "cubs suck" the whole way out. What a freakin' game. Go Sox!
Oh yeah some race car driver, Jalen Rose and Jay Williams threw out the first pitches. Rose got a loud applause and Williams got a standing O.

MattSharp
06-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Streets
Williams threw out the first pitches. Rose got a loud applause and Williams got a standing O.

Damn I wish Jay Will would have done it tomrorow. I would have loved to see that.

awesomefan
06-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Streets: What an awesome White Sox Winner for you to be at & stick it to the Cub Fans.

I was at work & went out to my car at my 2pm break to see how the game was going. I had to go back inside & tell all the Cub Fans that the Cubs were winning 8-0.

Cub Fans that hardly ever talk to me were asking me what the score was when they already knew cause this one Cub Fan has a headset radio.

When I got off work, one guy wanted to bet me that if the Cubs sweep the Sox then I have to wear a Cubs shirt to work. Of course I took him up on that bet...hehehehehe.

He said if the Sox win the next 2 games then he would go out & buy a Sox shirt & wear it to work. He had the Cubs figured to win the game today with the 8-0 Cubs score after the 3rd inning...hehehehehehe

What a hoot when I got in my car to go home after work & turned on the radio & the game was tied at 8....hehehehhehehehehe

I stopped my car & got out & ran inside to tell the guy I had the bet with about the Sox comin' all the way back from an 8 run deficit. Of course he thought I was lying at first....hehehehehe

I went back to my car & the score was Sox 10 Cubs 8 and another Cub Fan hollered that the score was Sox 9 Cubs 8 & I was delighted to tell him it was Sox 10 Cubs 8....hehehehehehe

I was being humiliated but the Sox came thru & saved me...hehehehehe

The rest of the game was still a nailbitter, but at least I got to listen to the Sox hold on for ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

CLR01
06-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Streets
It basically started off with me being pissed and writing "Clayton sucks" on my towel after the bum committed that error. Once the comeback started everyone just erupted and came alive in the stands. There were so many awesome Sox fans around me, everyone just sticking together as Sox fans and cheering the team on. PK kicks the scrubbies ass and Frank just missed a grand slam. I believe there was a fight of sorts on the left side...didn't really see to much. Other than that, it was people chanting "cubs suck" the whole way out. What a freakin' game. Go Sox!
Oh yeah some race car driver, Jalen Rose and Jay Williams threw out the first pitches. Rose got a loud applause and Williams got a standing O.

That game kicked ass. Something was happening around sec. 112 in the 8th and again in the 9th but everyone around there was standing up and the only thing i could see was the green security shirts. On my way out about a hour and a half after the game some people were being handcuffed and taken away by the main entrance. Dont know what happened there. Dont know what else went on it was pretty tame over by me. I saw someone from here wearing the "Hell yeah im a sox fan" shirt walking up the 125/126 ramp. That crowd was just electric from the 6th inning on, sox fans had to have outnumber the scrub fans by atleast 3-1. Just a great game to be at and the weather was perfect. First game i have been to all year that the temp has been over 50.

sox_fan_forever
06-29-2002, 10:29 AM
I was at the game too, first time I've ever been to the Sox-Cubs series and it was awesome. I saw a couple of people wearing the shirts from here.

Streets, what section were you in? Because I saw someone sort of near me with that written on their towel. It was probably you.