PDA

View Full Version : Tigers ticket department gets creative or desperate

Fenway
10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Oblong?

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/seasontix/stpz/index.jsp?c_id=det&tcid=tw-det-misc80

downstairs
10-26-2010, 05:29 PM
I think its more of an issue of the technology being there for something people have done forever: share season tickets. Doesn't seem like despiration, because I gotta believe very few season ticket holders actually go to 81 games.

Oblong
10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
I think it's a great idea. Like downstairs said, it's taking advantage of technology. I know lots of people who would go to 6-8 games a year and this is a way to lock them in early. People who like baseball but don't get season tickets probably end up with their calendar filled up by the time the games get here, or they assume no good seats are left. Now they can do it all before the season. You get the advantages of being in the same seat all year. It's just an extension of the Stub Hub type service where you can buy individual seats from season ticket holders, or sell yours.

Sharing season tickets as been very popular for the Red Wings over the years. I know lots of people who have 4-6 games from season ticket plans. This just formalizes it and lets you find a bigger audience.

dickallen15
10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
The Bulls do this.

LoveYourSuit
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
My quetion would be how do these folks split the perks, like play off tickets?

soxfanreggie
10-27-2010, 11:57 AM
My Dad had a friend at the bank who did this. Before we got season tickets, we had all Sunday home games. The bank used the weekday tickets, another guy had the Saturday tickets, and we had all Sunday games. It worked out great for all involved, and we did it for a few years.

Jason82807
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I have Bulls season tickets and have used their ticket partners service to find ticket partners and draft games. It's very organized and convenient. Everything is buyer beware, of course. The team has no role in the transaction. Splitting up perks can be negotiated between season ticket holders and buyers.