PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Winner

kevingrt
06-28-2002, 04:42 PM
We have a BEATIFUL WIN!!!!

RKMeibalane
06-28-2002, 04:48 PM
You said it! What a win! There were so many positives from this game. Maybe this is what the Sox needed to get them straightened out. They were down eight runs, and they came back.

Paul Konerko had damn well better make the All Star team. If he doesn't, someone needs to start a www.firetorre.com site. He had an amazing game today: 4-4, 4 runs scored, 2 homers, 4 runs batted in. WOW!

I'm kind of dissapointed that Frank didn't get any hits. Oh well! It seemed like he hit the ball really hard and was just unlucky. Hmmm...

Royce is becoming reliable. I actually have confidence in him, now. When did that happen?

Maggs drove in three more run. Sosa didn't do a damn thing for the Flubs. Are you listening, Cubs fans. Sosa sucks!

BTW, were there fights after the Sox started scoring? Were the Flubs fans crying?

KruseControl04
06-28-2002, 04:58 PM
That is the most amazing comeback! I wish I could have been at the game...... Just to see the looks on the faces of the Cubs' fans faces when the Sox came back to take the lead. Hey, how about a weekend sweep?!?

hold2dibber
06-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time. And this was certainly a game to savor and celebrate. Unbelievable -- how crazy must the crowd have been down there when the Sox came back -- I can see Comiskey in the far off distance from my office window, and I was sitting here just imagining how much fun the White Sox faithful were having when PK hit that dinger. What a win - I can't wait to watch the re-broadcast tonight!

TornLabrum
06-28-2002, 05:22 PM
The only negative I can think of that came out of this game is that Danny Wright got pounded again early. Other than that, this looks like the team that led the majors in runs scored in April and part of May. I think this was the first of something like 21 against sub-.500 teams. Time to make some hay!

Jerry_Manuel
06-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The only negative I can think of that came out of this game is that Danny Wright got pounded again early. Other than that, this looks like the team that led the majors in runs scored in April and part of May. I think this was the first of something like 21 against sub-.500 teams. Time to make some hay!

Even Royce chipped in! :o:

pudge
06-28-2002, 05:31 PM
I'll admit to having a swelling of optimism after today, that was sweet... let's hope we don't have reason to be upset again after Sunday...

raul12
06-28-2002, 05:40 PM
wow, what beauty! THIS was the 2000 team--never could count them out of any game. I was following on gamecast, and when it went 8-0 i was like "oh no, here we go again". when they made it 8-1, i had some optimism, but damn, outscoring them 13-1 after the 3rd inning?

even though i was slightly dissapointed frank didn't get a hit, he had a big sac fly--it seemed like it was probably almost a home run or in the gap cause everyone advanced. plus he hit a liner to end it in the 8th with the sacks loaded.

and PK--how many of you still want cameron?

it was actually pretty funny this afternoon before the game--when i went to get lunch, i saw a FIB (f'n illinois bastard) woman all decked out in flubbie blue. i almost said to her, "i had to break it to ya, but you're gonna lose today." after 3 innings i was glad i hadn't said anything, but now i wish i had.