PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club

Jason82807
10-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Did anyone else sign up for this? I've been signing up every year since 2007, always buying the highest tier. However, for the past couple of years many of the perks were not delivered until after the season ends. Did any Ultimate members ever get the autographed Ozzie photo?

g0g0
10-15-2010, 07:42 AM
I signed up for it and it's been a total waste. Won't do it again. I never received anything (even though the rep said I would be getting a welcome packet in a couple of weeks) and I couldn't get the Gameday Audio to work for the first month (I wasn't alone - there were a ton of forum posts on there about it). What a waste of money. I'm just doing Gameday Audio by itself next year.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
they're still rolling out the tours. it's been a fiasco this year, especially with the highest level membership

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
as for the ozzie photo, i think it was alwaysment to be sent out in the offseason

MP#3
10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
This year was TERRIBLE, much more so than years past. I'm not holding my breath on the autographed picture.

russ99
10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm out of the Pride Club as long as they keep forcing us to buy tickets 2 months in advance. I can do that without the extra charge.

soxpride724
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
I signed up for it and it's been a total waste. Won't do it again. I never received anything (even though the rep said I would be getting a welcome packet in a couple of weeks) and I couldn't get the Gameday Audio to work for the first month (I wasn't alone - there were a ton of forum posts on there about it). What a waste of money. I'm just doing Gameday Audio by itself next year.

I agree 100%. I also never received a pre sale password to purchase tickets early (Main reason I signed up). Tried it one year, will never do it again.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I've spoken to one of thier staffers, and they kinda admit teh ball was dropped this year. But I was told a lot of new things were done this year, and that the higher levels are slow to react to change with the sox pride club.

Milw
10-15-2010, 03:32 PM
I did it in 2007 and 2008 and was extraordinarily disappointed. Total waste of money. And the fact that this is supposedly targeted at the team's most loyal fans is even more infuriating.

Hitmen77
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
fyi:
The Sox sent an e-mail the other day to SPC members asking to take a survey about our membership.

This is your chance to tell them (FWIW) what you liked and didn't like about the SPC.

ewokpelts
10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
i made sure to let them know that the SPC in 2010 kinda sucked

g0g0
10-29-2010, 09:49 AM
fyi:
The Sox sent an e-mail the other day to SPC members asking to take a survey about our membership.

This is your chance to tell them (FWIW) what you liked and didn't like about the SPC.

Gave them a long comment on it.

Jason82807
10-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I also commented about how everything was slow. The survey mentioned something about the autographed Ozzie pic coming in November. The first games for the patio party tickets weren't until very late in the season. Even things as simple as the message boards weren't ready in time.

GlassSox
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I did not renew for 2010. IMO, all in all it is a rip off and not very professionally managed. :(:

chisoxfanatic
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I did it in 2007 and 2008 and was extraordinarily disappointed. Total waste of money. And the fact that this is supposedly targeted at the team's most loyal fans is even more infuriating.
I don't think you can get more loyal than full season ticket holders for MLB teams. Plunking down money on 81 games is the biggest investment in sports.

DumpJerry
11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think you can get more loyal than full season ticket holders for MLB teams. Plunking down money on 81 games is the biggest investment in sports.
That does not make them the most loyal. Some are out of town investors who buy full season packages for a bunch of teams knowing some of the teams will strike gold for them with a good season.l

Also, if someone cannot afford a full season package or lives too far from the ballpark to get to every game or works second or third shift, it does not mean that person is not one of the most loyal fans of the team.

ewokpelts
11-03-2010, 07:45 AM
The sox pride club is advertised as "being closer to the sox" yet it's really just a presale club.

when a perk YOU PAID FOR takes forever to arrive, they are hard to get a hold of. but boy, when it's time to sell you tickets in the SPC section, that email comes like 2 times a week.

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm toying with the idea of joining the Sox Pride Club (regular tier membership) this season.

I figure I get MLB Audio every season anyway and that's $20.

So for an extra $15 I can get...:
Presale: not too bothered about this, as anyone can find the code anyway. Plus I don't think I'll be buying any tickets right on the on-sale date this season anyway, as I'm not trying for Opening Day and already got a couple April/May games.

Are the "gifts" any good? What are the other "perks" Is it at all worth the money?

Really, the only big thing for me is the postseason ticket opportunity. I have a good feeling about this year and I'd love to get to a playoff game.

Jason82807
01-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm toying with the idea of joining the Sox Pride Club (regular tier membership) this season.

I figure I get MLB Audio every season anyway and that's $20.

So for an extra $15 I can get...:
Presale: not too bothered about this, as anyone can find the code anyway. Plus I don't think I'll be buying any tickets right on the on-sale date this season anyway, as I'm not trying for Opening Day and already got a couple April/May games.

Are the "gifts" any good? What are the other "perks" Is it at all worth the money?

Really, the only big thing for me is the postseason ticket opportunity. I have a good feeling about this year and I'd love to get to a playoff game.

I've been a member since 2007, always buying the highest tier of membership. Each year they promise new benefits, and each year they fail to deliver on more and more of those promises. I try to put a positive spin on everything the Sox do, but this is a sucker bet. I'm done with it.

ewokpelts
01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
well, the $135 dollar version comes with 2 patio passes and game tickets. that's worth more than the extra $100 you spend when you buy the regular version of the club.

SephClone89
01-31-2011, 08:13 PM
well, the $135 dollar version comes with 2 patio passes and game tickets. that's worth more than the extra $100 you spend when you buy the regular version of the club.

Good point, Gene. What exactly does a patio party entail? What's the value?

Jason82807
01-31-2011, 10:51 PM

True, but what assurance do you have that they won't decide to take that perk away, too? The patio party includes free food, soda, beer and wine from the time the gates open til a half hour into the game, then you go to your seats. The patio food is cajun chicken, fried chicken, burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, pasta salad and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

ewokpelts
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Good point, Gene. What exactly does a patio party entail? What's the value?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/groups/patio_party.jsp

A Prime Game in lower reserve is $33 dollars with the patio discount.
And a full price patio pass is $42. So the "value" of the patio game in the sox pride club ultimat level is $75 per person.

But as the ultimate level is exactly $100 more than the Grand Slam level, you get a patio pass and game ticket for $50 each. The game ticket is worth $43 at the box office alone.

Not a bad deal.

And Jason? It's included in my 2011 package description, so I assume it'll be here for at least one more year.

Jason82807
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
And Jason? It's included in my 2011 package description, so I assume it'll be here for at least one more year.[/QUOTE]

True, but an autographed Ozzie photo was included in my 2010 package description. Instead, I got a letter of apology and a team photo (one I already had anyway)

ewokpelts
02-01-2011, 10:37 AM
And Jason? It's included in my 2011 package description, so I assume it'll be here for at least one more year.

True, but an autographed Ozzie photo was included in my 2010 package description. Instead, I got a letter of apology and a team photo (one I already had anyway)[/QUOTE]they fufilled the tickets/patio in 2010.

we'll never get a striaght answer about the ozzie photo, unfortunately.

BubblingCalderon
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Don't give any of your hard earned money to the Salary Pillage Cartel(SPC). Every year they offer something new to make people open their wallets and every year people complain about how they were suckers and that it was a rip off. You can get real cheap patio passes for certain games. I want to say patio passes are typically $40 for most games and that they had a few games that were something around $25. Based on past SPC disappointments I would almost assure you you would be limited to these games.

What I can say is there has yet to be a Sox pride club that delivered everything it promised. I believe the SPC started with the 2006 season so they have undelivered for 5 straight seasons.

Jason82807
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't give any of your hard earned money to the Salary Pillage Cartel(SPC). Every year they offer something new to make people open their wallets and every year people complain about how they were suckers and that it was a rip off. You can get real cheap patio passes for certain games. I want to say patio passes are typically $40 for most games and that they had a few games that were something around $25. Based on past SPC disappointments I would almost assure you you would be limited to these games.

What I can say is there has yet to be a Sox pride club that delivered everything it promised. I believe the SPC started with the 2006 season so they have undelivered for 5 straight seasons.

I have been a defender of the SPC for the first couple years. At the time, most of the frustration was the result of people not reading the details of the ticket opportunities. Also, the gift always arrived late, but it did arrive except for last year. Last year, they did make good on the patio pass and tickets. That alone is a huge plus, and the stupid thing about it is I'd probably have bought a SPC Ultimate membership in 2010 even if the Ozzie photo was never even promised. But the fact that they made a promise and broke it, and did not make a real attempt at an adequate substitution, makes them untrustworthy in my opinion.