PDA

View Full Version : How much have you been watching the playoffs this year?

doublem23
10-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Nellie_Fox
10-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Can I add a choice for "bits and pieces occasionally during commercial breaks in other shows"?

MeteorsSox4367
10-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I'll watch the NLCS because the Giants are one of my favorite teams. I'll watch some of the ALCS if the Yankees start losing because I hate them.

With the NHL having started and assorted college football games on, my sports-viewing plate is quite full.

guillensdisciple
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Can't, love baseball to death and every aspect of it, but anything without the Sox just reminds me how much I wish they were there and I just get annoyed. I focus on Arsenal, bears, and Bulls now.

Huisj
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I try to watch it whenever I can, but in reality I haven't had much time to sit down and watch much at all because I've been really busy. I think that Tuesday was the first game I've sat down and watched almost fully from start to finish. Otherwise it's been an inning or two here and there from random assorted games.

spawn
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Can I add a choice for "bits and pieces occasionally during commercial breaks in other shows"?

That's about the extent of my viewing as well.

sox1970
10-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I DVR the games and zip through them for action while I'm watching other stuff/doing other stuff. If it's a close game, I'll watch the last couple innings live.

Boondock Saint
10-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I've been watching a good amount of the playoffs so far. I just love watching great pitching, and this postseason has had a ton of it.

gogosox675
10-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I've had the great misfortune of having to study for midterms lately, so I haven't seen much of the playoffs at all. I did get to see Halladay's no-hitter from the fourth inning on, though.

Medford Bobby
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I've been watching a good amount of the playoffs so far. I just love watching great pitching, and this postseason has had a ton of it.

Same feelings here, as much as I would rather have the Sox in the playoffs, I still enjoy having games still playing as the baseball seasons seem to race by faster and faster every year.....

WhiteSox5187
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I usually watch a lot of the baseball playoffs, but the past two years I've been surprisingly busy and haven't had the chance to watch many of the games. When the games started in the day I would watch those. I saw all of Halladay's no hitter too.

chisoxfanatic
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I watched a little of the SF/Atl series, but nothing else. If the Sox are not in the playoffs, my mind shifts almost 100% to hockey.

TDog
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
The Giants are my local team (sort of, technically, I'm in the A's region), and the Giants have had a very exciting year. I've been watching them with almost the same intensity I would be watching the White Sox in the postseason. (They are the team I expected the White Sox to be this year anyway with their starting pitching.) I watched the Yankees-Twins because it was a thrill to see the Twins fail. There isn't anything else on television I'm really interested in, and certainly no other sport that is worth watching, but I'll watch the NLCS and sort of follow the ALCS. If the Phillies win the NLCS, I'll be in and out on the World Series.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I've been watching more than I expected, partly to soak up every moment of the Twins' annual postseason de-pantsing, and partly because the pitching performances have been pretty incredible.

Now that I'm without my anti-Minny rooting interest, I suppose I'll keep tabs on the LCSes. However, now that they've served their purpose, I have no desire to see the Yankees advance any further. If they do, I'll probably be done with televised baseball until the spring!

Orta 4-6-3
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I've been listening more than watching. Being old enough to remember the last few World Series played during the day on weekdays, for me there is still something special about post-season baseball on the radio.

vinny
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
No cable or satellite, so I haven't seen anything so far and I'm stuck watching the NLCS on Fox.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
i typically watch quite a bit of the DS, and as more games conflict with work/sleep(i'm a night shifter), I watch less.

hawkjt
10-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Watched the Twins humiliation with joy.
Have been watching the Giants series cus they are my fav NL team,altho I kind of like the Braves also.
My son and I watched the Cliff Lee clinch game vs the Rays and really enjoyed watching Lee. As they said after the game, he was like an artist that nite the way he painted the plate. My son and I were guessing where he was going with the next pitch and he was spot on. Nothing in the middle, everything on the corners,with movement...it was a stunning display on the level of Halladays no-no.

Between Halladays no-hitter(which I also watched),Lee's masterpiece,and Lincecome/Sanchez, I am almost hypnotized by the pitching in these games...it is complete dominance on the level not seen since 1968 and Gibson,McClain and Lolich were on the bump...simply spectacular.

BadBobbyJenks
10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Every game I am able to watch, I watch. It's baseball and the playoffs, best thing in sports.

Gavin
10-15-2010, 05:59 PM
ain't got no cable

suppose I'll start sundee