PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket invoice notes (bobblehead news too)

keloms
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Got my season ticket invoice today and thought I'd share some bits from it.

1) There's a price increase. My seats in lower box for the weekend plan went up $20 per seat with the total for 4 now being $4344.

Payment dates are 11/18 & 1/20 or 11/18, 12/16, and 1/20 depending on which payment schedule you pick.

2) To encourage early payment, they again are offering drawings that you'll automatically be entered in if 40% is paid by 11/18. Prizes consist of

A) Vip All-star trip for 2 (2 winners)
B) Grinder Trip (4 winners)
C) Fantasy Experience (20 winners)
D) Random autographed items (25 winners)

Finally, the part that I know you're probably here for, it also mentions that STHs that are paid in full by 1/20 will receive a Juan Pierre bobblehead.

ewokpelts
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE?

looks like "unlikely to renew" is quickly becoming "you gotta be kidding me, right?"

but hey! you can get a JUAN PIERRE bobblehead to renew! the same one they'll have at soxfest 2013 for $10 at the garage sale.

Brian26
10-14-2010, 06:52 PM
1) There's a price increase. My seats in lower box for the weekend plan went up $20 per seat with the total for 4 now being $4344.

That must be a typo. Did you mean they went up to $20 per seat, or they went up $2 per seat?

If tickets went up $20 per seat anywhere in the park, the Sox might as well pack up the truck and move to North Carolina.

keloms
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
The 27 game package increased $20 a seat from $1,066 for 27 games last year to $1,086 for 27 games this coming year. For 27 games that's about a $.74 a game increase for the lower box seats and a much crappier weekend schedule.

DumpJerry
10-15-2010, 12:30 AM
The 27 game package increased $20 a seat from $1,066 for 27 games last year to $1,086 for 27 games this coming year. For 27 games that's about a $.74 a game increase for the lower box seats and a much crappier weekend schedule.
Anyone who complains about a less than 1% increase in the price of season tickets, especially those of us who were billed the same amount for 2010 and 2009 really should turn in their Sox fan card because this is basically no increase at all. Try being a Cub fan. Most expensive ticket in MLB. A friend of mine's parents have season seats at The Urinal in a location that is identical to where a friend of mine has his at Comiskey. The Cub tickets for similar price category games is 1/3 higher than the Sox tickets. Ouch.

I did not get my invoice on Thursday (I guess it'll come on Friday), so I don't know what my increase will be for a full season package in lower box (too lazy to look it up on the internet because Firefox no longer works on the invoices), but since a 40% payment now gets you in the raffle, I guess I'm in since my playoff payment is around 50% of the invoice.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 01:00 AM
there should be NO increases. period. tickets have gone up every year since 2002. and as a weekend plan holder, there's a much less desireable schedule. how can they justify an increase when there's only one cub game, and only boston as a premium series?

DumpJerry
10-15-2010, 01:11 AM
there should be NO increases. period. tickets have gone up every year since 2002. and as a weekend plan holder, there's a much less desireable schedule. how can they justify an increase when there's only one cub game, and only boston as a premium series?
There was no increase from 2009 to 2010 if you renewed by a certain date with a deposit (not full payment).

But yeah, you're right, there should not be an increase because, player salaries aside, I'm sure there have been no increases in overhead. Also a team that ended the season with a winning record, going 59-40 (19 games over .500) for the last 99 games of the season (61% of the season) does not deserve fan support. Heck, they should just give us the darn tickets for free.

If making the postseason determined whether or not a team is justified in increasing season ticket prices, then Royals fans have some great invoices!

fox23
10-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Anyone who complains about a less than 1% increase in the price of season tickets, especially those of us who were billed the same amount for 2010 and 2009 really should turn in their Sox fan card because this is basically no increase at all. Try being a Cub fan. Most expensive ticket in MLB. A friend of mine's parents have season seats at The Urinal in a location that is identical to where a friend of mine has his at Comiskey. The Cub tickets for similar price category games is 1/3 higher than the Sox tickets. Ouch.

I did not get my invoice on Thursday (I guess it'll come on Friday), so I don't know what my increase will be for a full season package in lower box (too lazy to look it up on the internet because Firefox no longer works on the invoices), but since a 40% payment now gets you in the raffle, I guess I'm in since my playoff payment is around 50% of the invoice.

I guess I'll turn in my Sox fan card then. I lost 2 Sox/Cubs games (the only games that are in such a demand that you couldn't get tickets for face day of game) in return for 2 regular games that I could get for much less via stubhub or the Sox 1/2 off codes.

I just don't see any reason why I should pop down the cash for a weekend package anymore. I will still go to just as many games as I used to, however now I'm going to save a few hundred bucks thanks to the secondary market.

And while I agree with you about the cubs season tickets, that really has nothing to do with the Sox.

keloms
10-15-2010, 01:46 AM

On the surface it doesn't seem so bad, but, when you take into consideration that the 2010 season price included 2 Cubs games and 2 Yankees games, the actual increase is at least 4.97% or $2 per ticket. ((The increase may be even as high as 5.89% / $2.37 per ticket as I'm estimating the Washington games to have $43 per ticket instead of the more likely $38 given last years prices)).

keloms
10-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I just don't see any reason why I should pop down the cash for a weekend package anymore. I will still go to just as many games as I used to, however now I'm going to save a few hundred bucks thanks to the secondary market.Completely agree! Love going to the games, but, it's no longer worth going the season ticket route.

Harry Potter
10-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Have the invoices been posted online yet?

dickallen15
10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
There was no increase from 2009 to 2010 if you renewed by a certain date with a deposit (not full payment).

But yeah, you're right, there should not be an increase because, player salaries aside, I'm sure there have been no increases in overhead. Also a team that ended the season with a winning record, going 59-40 (19 games over .500) for the last 99 games of the season (61% of the season) does not deserve fan support. Heck, they should just give us the darn tickets for free.

If making the postseason determined whether or not a team is justified in increasing season ticket prices, then Royals fans have some great invoices!

No, but if a team wins 88 games and says that's the reason for the increase, if they lose 88 games, shouldn't there then be a decrease? Can you tell me the last time the Sox slashed season ticket prices? I guess we have to be prepared that they will go up almost no matter what these days. I do think its reasonable to expect payroll to increase if ticket prices increase. If payroll doesn't increase and ticket prices do, I think that's a legit beef. I also think the Sox had significantly more playoff invoices paid this year than last which helped them decide on an increase. If they didn't have those in hand, I really believe there would have been no change.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 09:08 AM

If making the postseason determined whether or not a team is justified in increasing season ticket prices, then Royals fans have some great invoices!ok. renewals didnt go up, but new ST plans had increases, as well as individual games.

In a ****ty economy.

I've talked to plenty of people that wont buy until they get codes or a deal on stubhub. I have a neighbor who bought an ozzie plan through my account say she wont do it again, becuase almost every game she bought had a code, or in the case of the boston games when the team was eliminated, worthless. She couldnt even sell lower box tix for $5 for those games.

So yeah, a price increase is pretty dumb.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
And for those that have weekend plans, the "price freeze' wasnt really a freeze. I had less premium games, yet paid the same price as 09.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Completely agree! Love going to the games, but, it's no longer worth going the season ticket route.

I guess I'll turn in my Sox fan card then. I lost 2 Sox/Cubs games (the only games that are in such a demand that you couldn't get tickets for face day of game) in return for 2 regular games that I could get for much less via stubhub or the Sox 1/2 off codes.

I just don't see any reason why I should pop down the cash for a weekend package anymore. I will still go to just as many games as I used to, however now I'm going to save a few hundred bucks thanks to the secondary market.

And while I agree with you about the cubs season tickets, that really has nothing to do with the Sox.
Btw, the only real perk is the postseason, but thanks to mlb.com's "ticket reservations" I dont even have to worry about that. The cost of the "reservation" is not that bad ($10 per ticket for alds, $15 per for alcs, $20 per WS). And if i bought all the game sin my package with discount codes or on stubhub, I'll save a chunk of change in the process.

DumpJerry
10-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I just checked my account. Nothing on there yet.

dickallen15
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Thinking about it, if the jump was $20 for 27 games, chances are they just have more "premium games". The Cubs series is during the week in 2011. I don't know what kind of package the original poster has. I would think the standard prices probably remain the same.

I really hate the "tier" pricing, at least for season ticket seats.

DumpJerry
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Thinking about it, if the jump was $20 for 27 games, chances are they just have more "premium games". The Cubs series is during the week in 2011. I don't know what kind of package the original poster has. I would think the standard prices probably remain the same.

I really hate the "tier" pricing, at least for season ticket seats.
You're probably right about the addition of a premium game since it adding $.74 to a ticket's face value seems unorthodox.

keloms
10-15-2010, 02:32 PM
You're probably right about the addition of a premium game since it adding $.74 to a ticket's face value seems unorthodox.

There's 1 presumed premium series in the weekend package (Red Sox), but, that's down from 2 Cubs AND 2 Yankees games last year so the increase is more then first thought. I don't know if you missed it, but, I ran the numbers earlier in this post

On the surface it doesn't seem so bad, but, when you take into consideration that the 2010 season price included 2 Cubs games and 2 Yankees games, the actual increase is at least 4.97% or $2 per ticket. ((The increase may be even as high as 5.89% / $2.37 per ticket as I'm estimating the Washington games to have $43 per ticket instead of the more likely $38 given last years prices)).

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 02:36 PM

I really hate the "tier" pricing, at least for season ticket seats.one nice move the hawks do it full sth plans dont have any tiered pricing. And I think the bulls do that to, although they have to as there are still unsold ST plans.

mrfourni
10-15-2010, 02:41 PM
one nice move the hawks do it full sth plans dont have any tiered pricing. And I think the bulls do that to, although they have to as there are still unsold ST plans.

they also don't charge to e-mail tickets.

ewokpelts
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
they also don't charge to e-mail tickets.oh yeah, forgot about that.

dickallen15
10-15-2010, 04:04 PM
There's 1 presumed premium series in the weekend package (Red Sox), but, that's down from 2 Cubs AND 2 Yankees games last year so the increase is more then first thought. I don't know if you missed it, but, I ran the numbers earlier in this post

Perhaps the ticket price people are taking advice from Ozzie and the rest of the White Sox and making Minnesota a premiere series.

keloms
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM

Yep

DumpJerry
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
My invoice is not online yet nor did I get anything in the mail. Maybe they're doing the 27 game packages first and then the full season people.

ewokpelts
10-17-2010, 11:43 AM
nothing online here yet. 27 game plan(weekend).

Harry Potter
10-17-2010, 01:30 PM
full-season and still nothing posted

DumpJerry
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Has anyone other than the OP gotten an invoice or seen one online? There is usually an announcement in the press about prices before the invoices are released.

keloms
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Has anyone other than the OP gotten an invoice or seen one online? There is usually an announcement in the press about prices before the invoices are released.

I don't know if you're wondering when to expect yours or doubting me, but, if it's the latter, here's the invoice, you can see for yourself.

Enclosed letter front
http://imgur.com/cGffi.jpg

Enclosed letter back
http://imgur.com/NaJsq.jpg

Top Invoice
http://imgur.com/8qadg.jpg

Bottom Invoice
http://imgur.com/Szvmu.jpg

DumpJerry
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know if you're wondering when to expect yours or doubting me, but, if it's the latter, here's the invoice, you can see for yourself.

Enclosed letter front

Enclosed letter back

Top Invoice

Bottom Invoice
I wasn't doubting you. Maybe they do the invoices like the gift boxes and send them out in waves and not all at once.

dickallen15
10-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Enclosed letter front

Enclosed letter back

Top Invoice

Bottom Invoice

Did you have post season tickets and have they credited your account? Usually in the letter they send they explain the ticket prices, whether an increase or remaining the same.

keloms
10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I declined the playoff tickets since it seemed like it was already over at the time the playoff payment was due.

DumpJerry
10-18-2010, 07:11 AM
I declined the playoff tickets since it seemed like it was already over at the time the playoff payment was due.
Maybe that is the determining factor since those of us who paid the postseason invoice without asking for the cash refund already have over 40% deposited.

dickallen15
10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Btw, the only real perk is the postseason, but thanks to mlb.com's "ticket reservations" I dont even have to worry about that. The cost of the "reservation" is not that bad ($10 per ticket for alds, $15 per for alcs, $20 per WS). And if i bought all the game sin my package with discount codes or on stubhub, I'll save a chunk of change in the process.

The problem is if enough people think like you, and I would imagine the season ticketholders getting $5 a ticket for a premier series against Boston just may, the season ticket base will deteriorate and the secondary market will have fewer deals if the Sox aren't ripping it up. Obviously stubhub would have saved a full season ticketholder a ton of money this year. I didn't look at it daily, but except for the Cubs, there wasn't one series where premium lower boxes weren't available for less than face and less than season ticketholder face.

dickallen15
10-18-2010, 08:11 AM

Very wise. I did what you did last season, but paid it this year. Of course a week later it was ova.

fox23
10-18-2010, 08:16 AM
The problem is if enough people think like you, and I would imagine the season ticketholders getting $5 a ticket for a premier series against Boston just may, the season ticket base will deteriorate and the secondary market will have fewer deals if the Sox aren't ripping it up. Obviously stubhub would have saved a full season ticketholder a ton of money this year. I didn't look at it daily, but except for the Cubs, there wasn't one series where premium lower boxes weren't available for less than face and less than season ticketholder face.

I think, as someone else had mentioned in another thread, that there are still a lot of scalpers with season tickets though. Those are the companies that buy season tickets for every team and realize that they will win some and lose some, but don't know for sure which teams will get hot and drive up prices when the season begins (obviously other than the Red Sox, Cubs, etc). So while they would have lost on the Sox last year, they would have won say with a team like the Reds or the Rangers.

dickallen15
10-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I think, as someone else had mentioned in another thread, that there are still a lot of scalpers with season tickets though. Those are the companies that buy season tickets for every team and realize that they will win some and lose some, but don't know for sure which teams will get hot and drive up prices when the season begins (obviously other than the Red Sox, Cubs, etc). So while they would have lost on the Sox last year, they would have won say with a team like the Reds or the Rangers.

Yes, but professional scalpers would rather eat the ticket than sell it with a 90% discount. If you see a scalper outside a game where the game as started, they will go down some, but they still usually never give you that much of a bargain unless its tickets they bought at an extreme discount. If they spent $40 on a ticket, you're not getting it even in the 3rd inning for $20.

ewokpelts
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
I cant afford to gameble my money like that.Even for games that I have 100% intnetions to go to, I want to feel like i got a value for my money as an STH. And frankly, that wasnt the case the last two seasons.

The sox want reactionary sales, as it appears that codes and coupon books drive casual fans and group outings to the park. Those customers may spend more money in the long haul, but you gotta take care of the guys plopping 2 grand or more sight unseen.

ewokpelts
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes, but professional scalpers would rather eat the ticket than sell it with a 90% discount. If you see a scalper outside a game where the game as started, they will go down some, but they still usually never give you that much of a bargain unless its tickets they bought at an extreme discount. If they spent $40 on a ticket, you're not getting it even in the 3rd inning for $20.gold coast tickets was selling the last homestand all games 8 bucks and under through thier ads on craigslist. before the homestand began.

doogiec
10-18-2010, 12:07 PM
My invoice posted on line sometime this morning.

Lower deck premium boxes increased an average of $1.10 per ticket.

Parking remains the same as last year.

BTW, they credited my entire postseason payment, including service charges, as they did in prior years.

DumpJerry
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
gold coast tickets was selling the last homestand all games 8 bucks and under through thier ads on craigslist. before the homestand began.
Not all were $8.00. I needed a singleton for one of the games in the lower bowl and the only one was $25 in the 120's section.

MarkZ35
10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
gold coast tickets was selling the last homestand all games 8 bucks and under through thier ads on craigslist. before the homestand began.
Dirt cheap the last homestand. $3 + fees on stubhub for the bobblehead day vs BOS

DumpJerry
10-18-2010, 05:20 PM
My invoice posted on line sometime this morning.

Lower deck premium boxes increased an average of $1.10 per ticket.

Parking remains the same as last year.

BTW, they credited my entire postseason payment, including service charges, as they did in prior years.
Mine posted today as well. I could not find last year's to see how much it went up, but it looks like about $100/seat for Lower Box/81 games.

Harry Potter
10-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Mine posted today as well. I could not find last year's to see how much it went up, but it looks like about $100/seat for Lower Box/81 games.

Mine posted as well. Looks like Lower Reserved increased $90/seat for full season. ($2,620/seat increased to $2,710/seat for 2011)

As someone else posted, parking remains the same $18 x 81 = $1,458

DumpJerry
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Got the paper invoice in the mail today.

kwschro
11-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Has any season ticket holders been contacted regarding upgrading their locations for the 2011 season? I assume that the process will be the same as years past - where the process is not communicated to existing season ticket holders and there are better locations offered to potential new season ticket holders.

WLL1855
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
If you want to try to improve your seats, I'd say you better get on the phone with your rep. I wouldn't assume they are going to be the ones to call you. Being proactive in this situation can only help your chances.

ewokpelts
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Has any season ticket holders been contacted regarding upgrading their locations for the 2011 season? I assume that the process will be the same as years past - where the process is not communicated to existing season ticket holders and there are better locations offered to potential new season ticket holders.you can go online righ tnow and see what new customers are being offered. a coworker of mine found seats 6 rows lowr and one the aisle, despite him requesting relocation on the aisle and lower in his section.

keloms
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Has any season ticket holders been contacted regarding upgrading their locations for the 2011 season? I assume that the process will be the same as years past - where the process is not communicated to existing season ticket holders and there are better locations offered to potential new season ticket holders.

From my experience, unless you contact them, you're not being upgraded. Even then, they try to get the payment for them first by saying that they can't move the seats until the receive X amount of the balance due for them.

ewokpelts
12-02-2010, 07:54 AM
From my experience, unless you contact them, you're not being upgraded. Even then, they try to get the payment for them first by saying that they can't move the seats until the receive X amount of the balance due for them.well, obviously they wont offer relocation if you dont request. we're talking about them not telling us that htey are offering NEW customers better spots before letting us know about our relocation choices!

kwschro
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
well, obviously they wont offer relocation if you dont request. we're talking about them not telling us that htey are offering NEW customers better spots before letting us know about our relocation choices!

That is what is frustrating. I talked with my rep last week regarding upgrades and he stated that the process would not start until late December/early January. I then go online and see that new season ticket holders can secure seats that are better than what i currently have in my full season ticket plan. The white sox handle this process horribly.

Has anybody had luck with upgrading their season tickets for next year?

ewokpelts
12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
That is what is frustrating. I talked with my rep last week regarding upgrades and he stated that the process would not start until late December/early January. I then go online and see that new season ticket holders can secure seats that are better than what i currently have in my full season ticket plan. The white sox handle this process horribly.

Has anybody had luck with upgrading their season tickets for next year?i'm going upstirs, but I'm scheduled to talk to my rep this week.

RealFan
01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Just bringing this back up to the top to see if anyone got upgraded? I think those requests were already processed.

DumpJerry
01-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Just bringing this back up to the top to see if anyone got upgraded? I think those requests were already processed.
I was offered different seats, but they were not to my satisfaction.

Jason82807
01-26-2011, 10:58 PM
I started calling my rep in mid November about possible upgrades and he never even returned my call. I'm not expecting an upgrade but the lack of transparency in the whole process is very frustrating. I'm in 125 and will probably stay there. I know others who moved one section from 150 to 149.

RealFan
01-27-2011, 08:36 AM
I started calling my rep in mid November about possible upgrades and he never even returned my call. I'm not expecting an upgrade but the lack of transparency in the whole process is very frustrating. I'm in 125 and will probably stay there. I know others who moved one section from 150 to 149.

Well 125 is pretty good. I am in a similar section on the 3rd base side and no one around has moved (nor have I) which suggests that this is as good as it gets.

I think if you're in that 121 - 142 area, it is very tough to move. It may get a little easier as you work toward the foul poles.

kwschro
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I am a full season ticket holder and was able to upgrade a few sections closer to home in the lower box.

How many years did it take for you to move into the premium lower box sections?

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
So this is a n00b question about season tickets.

Are the postseason tickets already included in season ticket plans? Or do you merely get the first rights to buy them come playoff time? If the latter, what exactly is the order of how postseason tix are distributed? Between full STHs, split STHs, Pride Club, general public.

chisoxfanatic
01-27-2011, 10:17 AM
So this is a n00b question about season tickets.

Are the postseason tickets already included in season ticket plans? Or do you merely get the first rights to buy them come playoff time? If the latter, what exactly is the order of how postseason tix are distributed? Between full STHs, split STHs, Pride Club, general public.
If I recall, didn't you have a 27-game plan?

Full season ticket holders get to keep their seats for all postseason games. 27-gamers get the entire ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 World Series game (but they assign you different seats from your normal location). Neither plan has to go to Ticketmaster.com to find tickets...Your ticket rep will automatically do that...Both full and split plans are billed in August to pay for those tickets.

The general public gets to buy tickets via Ticketmaster well after the full/split season ticket holder postseason invoices are due.

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
If I recall, didn't you have a 27-game plan?

Full season ticket holders get to keep their seats for all postseason games. 27-gamers get the entire ALDS, 1 ALCS, and 1 World Series game (but they assign you different seats from your normal location). Neither plan has to go to Ticketmaster.com to find tickets...Your ticket rep will automatically do that...Both full and split plans are billed in August to pay for those tickets.

The general public gets to buy tickets via Ticketmaster well after the full/split season ticket holder postseason invoices are due.

Nope, never been an STH and will not be this season. In the future I could see my father and I getting a Double Play plan, though.

So then you get billed a few hundred dollars every August, only to usually get at least partly reimbursed if the Sox get eliminated?

chisoxfanatic
01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Nope, never been an STH and will not be this season. In the future I could see my father and I getting a Double Play plan, though.

So then you get billed a few hundred dollars every August, only to usually get at least partly reimbursed if the Sox get eliminated?
Yep, depending on how many tickets you have in your plan and where your rep puts you. All money from unused tickets are automatically deducted from your invoice for the next season unless you specify when you pay your invoice that you'd want a refund.

RealFan
01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I am a full season ticket holder and was able to upgrade a few sections closer to home in the lower box.

I have been a full STH for years. Originally started in Section 146 and over the years have worked my way to Section 141. But I haven't moved in a few seasons though I thought I would. Most of the folks around me have been there since before the 2005 season. Everything seemed to lock up after that year, surprise, surprise!

I know that after 2005, if you wanted to become a STH you were going to be near the foul poles. I ended up letting a couple of guys into my group so that they could sit closer and I could be assured of having 60% of my season pre sold.

DumpJerry
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM

In August, you get an invoice for all the games your plan is elgible for (i.e., Full STH folks get invoiced for 10 games, 11 if the AL won the All Star Game). The face value on these tickets is higher than any regular season games. Last year, the invoice for lower box (Foul Pole to the Dugout) was a $1,332 per seat for a ten ticket sheet. If there is a play-in game (game 163), that ticket gets charged separately, if such a game is needed.

Cat Thief
01-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I have been a full STH for years. Originally started in Section 146 and over the years have worked my way to Section 141. But I haven't moved in a few seasons though I thought I would. Most of the folks around me have been there since before the 2005 season. Everything seemed to lock up after that year, surprise, surprise!

I know that after 2005, if you wanted to become a STH you were going to be near the foul poles. I ended up letting a couple of guys into my group so that they could sit closer and I could be assured of having 60% of my season pre sold.

In 2006 I had a full season in Sec 149 Row 28.

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 04:42 PM
In August, you get an invoice for all the games your plan is elgible for (i.e., Full STH folks get invoiced for 10 games, 11 if the AL won the All Star Game). The face value on these tickets is higher than any regular season games. Last year, the invoice for lower box (Foul Pole to the Dugout) was a $1,332 per seat for a ten ticket sheet. If there is a play-in game (game 163), that ticket gets charged separately, if such a game is needed.

Does anyone know what the '08 playoff tickets were at face value, by any chance?

DumpJerry
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know what the '08 playoff tickets were at face value, by any chance?
I am in Sec. 115, Lower Box. These are what Full Season Holders were charged (I don't know if the 27 game plans were different):
ALDS=$55.00
ALCS=$115.00
World Series=$225.00
This is the price for one ticket for one game. We got an eleven game sheet because the AL had the home field advantage in the WS (Games 1,2,6, ansd 7).
There are three ALDS tickets and four ALCS games on the sheet since it is not known who gets home field advantage in those series when the tickets are printed in August.

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I am in Sec. 115, Lower Box. These are what Full Season Holders were charged (I don't know if the 27 game plans were different):
ALDS=$55.00
ALCS=$115.00
World Series=$225.00

:o:

I assume face for upper reserved would be something like $75 and $115.

chisoxfanatic
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM

I sat in the upper box for Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS, and that ticket was $75 face value.

DumpJerry
01-27-2011, 05:06 PM

UD tickets are less than mine. I believe the prices are set by MLB and not the Sox.

SephClone89
01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I sat in the upper box for Game 2 of the 2005 ALCS, and that ticket was $75 face value.

Just out of curiosity, did you get it at face value?

DumpJerry
01-27-2011, 05:09 PM
CSF was a 27 game plan holder.

chisoxfanatic
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I sure did! A partial plan holder friend of mine emailed me a couple days before the game to inform me that his buddy backed out and that he would give it to me for face value. He sure didn't have to ask me twice! I thanked him profusely afterwards--we stayed in the ballpark easily a half hour after the game ended!
CSF was a 27 game plan holder.
Unfortunately, not that year. I had an Ozzie Plan in 2005 (I DID end up going to 38 games that year, though), so I was given tickets to the entire ALDS. But, that's where they stopped for Ozzie Plan holders. A few weeks after the playoffs, I upgraded to the 27 game plan that I had for 4 seasons.

DumpJerry
01-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Unfortunately, not that year. I had an Ozzie Plan in 2005 (I DID end up going to 38 games that year, though), so I was given tickets to the entire ALDS. But, that's where they stopped for Ozzie Plan holders. A few weeks after the playoffs, I upgraded to the 27 game plan that I had for 4 seasons.
He was asking about 2008. Was the face value you quoted for '05 or '08?

Jason82807
01-27-2011, 07:50 PM

In 2006 I was in Lower Box 111. In 2007 I relocated to the Home Plate Club/Jim Beam Club. I think this was technically considered a cancellation and new season tickets issued. In 2009 I added 4 season tickets in 121 (I think they pulled some strings for me since I had Home Plate Club tickets). In the 2009-2010 offseason I dropped 2 seats from my sec. 121 seats and thus was able to move to 125.

ewokpelts
01-28-2011, 01:04 PM

I assume face for upper reserved would be something like $75 and $115.uppe playoff ticket salesr reserved face for STHs is $100 as of 2010. But the ticketmaster price was higher, if i recall.

Sox are now doing the hawks model of charging more to ticketmaster sales. And STH get a slightly lower price as they are buying a bloc .

ewokpelts
01-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I had lower reserved season tickets last year, so I had the lowest price tier for playoff tickets. With the exception of Upper Reserve World Series Tickets.

$40 ALDS for bleachers/lower reserve/upper reserved

$75 ALCS for same sections

$150 WS for bleachers/lower reserve, $100 for Upper Reserve.

SephClone89
01-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I had lower reserved season tickets last year, so I had the lowest price tier for playoff tickets. With the exception of Upper Reserve World Series Tickets.

$40 ALDS for bleachers/lower reserve/upper reserved

$75 ALCS for same sections

$150 WS for bleachers/lower reserve, $100 for Upper Reserve.

Thanks, Gene. Exactly what I was looking for.

Which would you recommend for postseason opportunities: the Pride Club (I get MLB Audio already anyway) or the new MLB way of reserving playoff tickets?

ewokpelts
01-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Which would you recommend for postseason opportunities: the Pride Club (I get MLB Audio already anyway) or the new MLB way of reserving playoff tickets?both.

the sox pride postseason option wasnt offered to 2010 members for some unknown reason. even though there was a lottery announced for the general public. and this was well before they were eliminated.

the ticket reserve program is a true gamble. you're paying mlb.com $10 for the RIGHT to buy one alds ticket IF the sox can play that game. So if you buy home game 3(or game 5), and they sweep the othe rteam, you're out of your $10.

BUT, for $45 per person(2 tickets for ONE game per round per registered user) to have access to face value tix(before tm fees) for one game in each round is not a bad investment.

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Seph: one other thing to know about season tickets is that the regular season tickets are less than the box office price. For example, in 2011, my tickets are $9.00 less than the box office price for the same seat category. The 27 game discount is slightly less than the full season discount. This means if you need to get a buddy to go to a game with you, your ticket will be less than what he would pay at the Box Office. The only time your tickets will cost more than the Box Office is on half-priced Mondays. Season tickets are priced at their normal Regular Game price level (green games on the schedule).

mrfourni
01-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Seph: one other thing to know about season tickets is that the regular season tickets are less than the box office price. For example, in 2011, my tickets are $9.00 less than the box office price for the same seat category. The 27 game discount is slightly less than the full season discount. This means if you need to get a buddy to go to a game with you, your ticket will be less than what he would pay at the Box Office. The only time your tickets will cost more than the Box Office is on half-priced Mondays. Season tickets are priced at their normal Regular Game price level (green games on the schedule).

So if needs to get a buddy to go to a game with him on a Monday, he will be charging him almost double what it would cost to go to that game by walking up to the box office?

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
So if needs to get a buddy to go to a game with him on a Monday, he will be charging him almost double what it would cost to go to that game by walking up to the box office?
Almost double, but not quite. He also probably has a better seat than what the Box Office can offer in the seat category.

Jason82807
01-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Which would you recommend for postseason opportunities: the Pride Club (I get MLB Audio already anyway) or the new MLB way of reserving playoff tickets?

I've been a member of the Sox Pride Club since 2007 but I'm not renewing for 2011. Too many broken promises. Still never received my autographed Ozzie photo, just a letter of apology for incompetence.

WhiffleBall
01-28-2011, 07:54 PM

They list the exact savings for each type of ticket plan at the Sox website:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=prices

DumpJerry
01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
They list the exact savings for each type of ticket plan at the Sox website:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/ticket_plans.jsp?loc=prices
It only shows your overall savings, but not how much it is per price category.

WhiffleBall
01-29-2011, 08:28 AM
It only shows your overall savings, but not how much it is per price category.

I don't think that info is available at the website. I've always had to e-mail my rep to get exact discount pricing.

Last year the cost for lower box full season were $32 regular, $36 prime, and $46 premiere. This year the cost for lower box with a 27 game plan is $36 regular, $40 prime, and $50 premiere. I don't know if they raised prices or if the 27 game plan is that much higher or a combination of both?

DumpJerry
01-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I don't think that info is available at the website. I've always had to e-mail my rep to get exact discount pricing.

Last year the cost for lower box full season were $32 regular, $36 prime, and $46 premiere. This year the cost for lower box with a 27 game plan is $36 regular, $40 prime, and $50 premiere. I don't know if they raised prices or if the 27 game plan is that much higher or a combination of both?
I know. That is why I posted the information. I spoke with my rep yesterday.

ewokpelts
01-31-2011, 02:05 PM
I've been a member of the Sox Pride Club since 2007 but I'm not renewing for 2011. Too many broken promises. Still never received my autographed Ozzie photo, just a letter of apology for incompetence.
you DIDNT like the team photo? or the trophies photo?

the ozzie auto photo thing is a joke. there arent any other signed photos of ozzie lying around? hell, they could have just inserted a ramdom 2010 player auto and this wouldnt be as big of a deal.