PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Field ground rules change (just in time for the playoffs)

aryzner
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5648437

I know it benefited the team I dislike the most (as is mentioned on the article... I remember being really mad when that **** worked out in the Twins' favor), but I don't know how I feel about this rule change right before the playoffs. It always made more sense to me to make the rule change at the start of a fresh season. I guess deep down I don't care one way or another, though. Had the new rule made the difference for some team between a playoff appearance and just missing out, I might be a little ticked off.

What do you guys think?

SOX ADDICT '73
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
But...I don't understand...a rule is changed because of something that benefitted the Twins? I thought MLB's policy was "If it makes the Twins cry, the rule goes bye-bye."

My world has stopped making sense...:thud:

LITTLE NELL
10-05-2010, 05:23 AM
This rule should have been in place since the Trop's first game ever.

Red Barchetta
10-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I think it's sad that they even need to address this in a MLB ballpark. If a ball is hit between the lines, there is no reason anything artificial should come into play and alter the outcome. Then again, I wish Tropicana and all baseball domes would go away. Like man-perms from the 70s, for a brief moment in time, they were considered good ideas! :?: